It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumble sucks and Bitchute is filled with garbage!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I just wanted to say, I know better than anyone else on Earth how draconian Youtube censorship is. It's unamerican and outright communistic but there is another side to that. The 2 seemingly viable alternatives at this moment are Rumble and Bitchute, Ok, fine. Let's talk about them for a moment and figure out if they are any better.

1. Rumble - Ummmm, The main page is literally trying to feed me videos from about 7 different content creators the most prolific of which is Dan Bongino. I like Dan but much like Tim Pool he is milk toast and very rarely talks about anything transformative and could be described quite effectually as a right leaning talking head, especially so because he appears on Fox News.

2. Bitchute - Ummmm, They mix actually decent content with religious zealots and fundamental racists. I get they want????? "Freedom of speech" well, ok, but a site needs credibility as well, there should be an option or an algorithm to auto sort that # out. I'm not saying you have to delete content but make it easier to find the content people are searching out without disillusioning them before they find it.

The perfect format would be that, quite honestly, like ATS only in a digital video media form. You are free to post your videos but if the information contained is false or irrelevant or the idea behind it is manipulative and meant to deceive you, would get called out by the majority of the community and downvoted into the netherworld.

Why can't video platforms use the same checks and balances as ATS? It has worked here for decades and largely, the community polices itself.

edit on 25-10-2021 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I don’t use either of them, with that being said as someone on the outside do you believe either of the two are better then YouTube or out of the two could one be better then the other in it’s current iteration?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I don’t use either of them, with that being said as someone on the outside do you believe either of the two are better then YouTube or out of the two could one be better then the other in it’s current iteration?

Quite frankly, even with all it's restrictions, Youtube is still the best option because the best news reporters there know exactly how to report real news without getting banned although, they have all been demonetized.

You can see that explicitly with "Facts Matter" and most of the channels from the Epoch Times. That said, even they, reporting straight facts and not conjecture can not speak about certain subject matter solely because it will cause a strike whether it is real news or not.

Trying to navigate the other 2 sites I mentioned to find actual "REAL NEWS" is much more of a chore. I appreciate the alternate platforms, I don't appreciate the multiple charlatans of news that pervade them.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In a free world, you get to hear the good and the bad. It's up to you to decide, educate yourself, and learn.

In a totalitarian world, you only get to hear what you are told and anything else is subversion.

est quod est.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It’s funny you say that. I’ve been looking at YouTube content very similarly in regards to certain channels being demonitized and content being unfairly stricken or just deleted. One of my favorite car channels for example had a whole slew of content deleted because his wife was in a bikini showing off some cars and demonetized because “explicit sexual content” yet Cardi B can make tons of money and gets 10s of million views for her vulgar “wet ass P###y” music video.

That being said because of this activity i have been seriously thinking about going to content through patreon when before I was very cautious about that idea, these days I’m damn near wholly sold on the idea, the only real hang up for me there is two fold,
1. I’m skeptical about using my money on the internet unless I have too.

2. If said channel does or says something crazy I would at that time be financially linked, as these people are in the wild west so quality assurance isn’t guaranteed for either content and their behaviors.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
In a free world, you get to hear the good and the bad. It's up to you to decide, educate yourself, and learn.

In a totalitarian world, you only get to hear what you are told and anything else is subversion.

est quod est.

Meh, in a free world maybe in 1988. I'd like the modern world to produce content i'm actually interested in without sifting through the detritus in 2021. Again, not saying delete or remove content but if you want to be a taken seriously as a video platform today, you need to do better than Rumble and Bitchute have done thusfar.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   

90% agree with you..

But this is the world now. Not 1988. We're stuck here my friend...

There is going to be detritus. A lot of it. Your job is to winnow the wheat from the chaff. Failing that, merely following.

1988 was a time when we didn't have exposure so opulent.. Now we do. and with it comes adherence to either accepting it, or arguing against it... we are not children anymore. Santa won't give us what we want.

We make from what we know, to be our toys.. be they sinister and wrong, or congruent and right. Now is not the time to be left in the past.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Forget them all and pop to the local bookstore.

The problem is the monetisation of the platforms and uploaders. Everything is sensationalised and the driving force behind the engines are profit, the main userbase is youth so it's going to be hard to separate the wheat from the chaff and find genuinely interesting content. I rarely use any of them other than the links people post on ATS.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There's a couple of members here who regurgitate Bitchute. On almost every occasion the video has been proven to be a hoax or a lie.

The posters refuse to acknowledge this and subsequently become increasingly fearful of the outside world.

Their paranoid.

Bitchute is horrendous.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
There's a couple of members here who regurgitate Bitchute. On almost every occasion the video has been proven to be a hoax or a lie.

The posters refuse to acknowledge this and subsequently become increasingly fearful of the outside world.

Their paranoid.

Bitchute is horrendous.

Regurgitating a video that fits your bias to "debunk" the video that does not fit your bias does not prove the video that does not fit your bias is a hoax or a lie.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Bitchute is the only true example of pure anarchy in the video platform world.

This is what real freedom looks like. You have to come equipped with logic and a moral compass, otherwise you won't make it in a free world.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Correct. That is why you wil note that the majority of the Bitchute Sh++chute videos are debunked using hard statistics and factual data.

Now, whether we can trust that actual data is another thing entirely.

Eg, latest Bitchute posting claiming 5000% increase in non Covid deaths. Very popular thread. Easily debunked with numbers.

Never debunk a video with a video. Most videos are BS. Words rule. Videos don't.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Bitchute is the only true example of pure anarchy in the video platform world.

This is what real freedom looks like. You have to come equipped with logic and a moral compass, otherwise you won't make it in a free world.

Really good point!

Except for the fact that this version of anarchy and real freedom is only used by freaks and accessed by those wishing to confirm a bias.

If it was a known about by all, not just the crazies, it would be much better.

So whilst you make a good point, at the moment the platform is a misrepresentation of global and universal anarchy.

A bit like a cult or similar.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Doesn't mean it should be shut down or censored in any way.
Think about history. Science used to be practiced by witches and shamans and fringe people.
They were demonized for centuries.
Think Newton for modern examples.

I'm not a lunatic and Bitchute might contain ANYTHING - but if the truth does exist in video form - it is on Bitchute (somewhere).

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Maybe you could be the self-appointed arbiter of truth here too.
The god of information.
Like Google's mom

Lmao

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't know if it's any better for you but have you tried Brand new tube?

It's a lot like youtube, not sure if they censor or not though?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is an idea. Watch the videos that meet your standards. Don’t watch the videos you object to.

Or is somebody strapping you down and forcing you to watch objectionable content like they did in Clockwork Orange or something?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I tried them both the ones you mention but did not like them that much. I use on my PC the site odysee.com...

On my smartphone, I use its sister site on the app: lbry.com...

The app is available on Windows but I have yet to try it out. Built on the jointhefedi.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

I tried them both the ones you mention but did not like them that much. I use on my PC the site odysee.com...

On my smartphone, I use its sister site on the app: lbry.com...

The app is available on Windows but I have yet to try it out. Built on the jointhefedi.com...

I have actually spoke about this platform, oddly enough, on Odysee lol.

This
edit on 26-10-2021 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Maybe one day the right will figure out how to win the political fight but the left won the social fight a long long time ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join