It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Done with Burger King, McDonald and Wendy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You can always go to the McDonald’s in Pomeroy, Ohio and get a Mc Pizza. There and Spencer, WV is all that have them now. Or Minneapolis/St. Paul for one of the remain Zantigo restaurants. All the rest were converted to Taco Bells and many of them are long gone or at least renovated to be unrecognizable.

Now if there was only an actual Burger Chef left…

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I’ve been done with them for a long time. They have priced their products out of the market. I can go next door to a local bar and for the same money , get much better food and service. If all the fast food places went out of business, I wouldn’t be bothered at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I agree all of what you have written about is....true. My solution is to have my own restaurant at home...then I have everything I want! The way I want it.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
You can always go to the McDonald’s in Pomeroy, Ohio and get a Mc Pizza. There and Spencer, WV is all that have them now. Or Minneapolis/St. Paul for one of the remain Zantigo restaurants. All the rest were converted to Taco Bells and many of them are long gone or at least renovated to be unrecognizable.

Now if there was only an actual Burger Chef left…

I kinda miss the pizza, it wasn't half bad, probably been close to 20 years since it's been here..damn time flies

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Upon further review…corporate killed it at those two locations as of August 31, 2017. And here I was debating a 3+ hour drive. I mean I would have called first of course and hit a couple of sights along the way like Serpent Mound…but alas, McGrinched again.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They are delicious when you eat there occasionally I pay with cash…I have no problem

Much ado about nothing

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: vonclod

Upon further review…corporate killed it at those two locations as of August 31, 2017. And here I was debating a 3+ hour drive. I mean I would have called first of course and hit a couple of sights along the way like Serpent Mound…but alas, McGrinched again.

Damn, would of been considerably longer drive for me, I'll cancel my plans now

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I cannot understand why sensible people eat this crap.

Oh yeah! Just realised, everyone has become lazy and can't be arsed making a proper meal.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nolabel
I cannot understand why sensible people eat this crap.

Oh yeah! Just realised, everyone has become lazy and can't be arsed making a proper meal.

Once in awhile is ok, but really, those places have gone downhill since the vid, from an already low position.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

There is a little Mom and Pop version of a Dairy Queen (soft serve ice cream, burgers and fries—corn dogs a long time ago) in my hometown. When I lived in Florida, a Depot Burger weighed heavily on my mind. Even their crappy pizza was craved just because I could not get anything that tasted like it in Florida anywhere. Even the crappy pizza.

When I moved back 25+ years ago, I ate quite a bit but have not had one in years. It still tastes the same as far as I know since it did recently change ownership. But what I would really like is the barbecue I had in Florida because I can’t get anything like it up here. Now in 2006, I did eat at the same place I worked at in the early 90’s when I was in Jacksonville once. It wasn’t the same but still pretty good. So 15 years later…I could be talked into a trip down there as a vacation. Maybe even hit a few places on the road I used to hit as a truck driver since it would be an extended road trip.

But nothing in Laredo unless it was one of the tamale vendors near the terminal.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If theres no beer on tap its not worth going to, unless they do fresh gyros...

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: charlyv

You must be fairly old. The whole thing sounds like someone who doesn't like change.

If you dont want to use their app then just pay the full price. For God's sake it's fast food and it's already cheap.

You must be fairly young. One of the key reasons that they stopped pushing paper coupons is because the kids did not use them and instead were willing to pay full price, many with mom and dad's credit cards, and having their burgers and fries delivered.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I stopped fast food a decade or more ago.

Over the past couple years I have stopped eating out or even home deliveries.
I had a couple bad experiences with finding out how my food was prepped, if humanly possible I will never eat what I can't see being prepared again.

I have lost about 25lbs over the last 2 years, go figure.

Yep, between the sugar carbs and fat, it's 1000 times worst for your health than any bug or virus ending in 19. Ive lost over 80lbs without exercise, so much I'm a little concerned I've got cancer somewhere nervous LOL.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well , I Still Like Wendy's . Good Fries..................)

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
After I read the article (might have been here...ATS) about how the meat is "processed" something clicked in Me, like when I quit smoking and I haven't been to any of them since. Want a burger now just make one...

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Like many high schoolers I did my time working in a McDonalds.
Unlike today we got daily deliveries of fresh not frozen BEEF Pattie’s from Prov. RI and all the breads were sourced locally as was any of the produce we used, even the frozen fish Pattie’s came from a local producer and all the burgers and sandwiches we made were great, heck we even made our own tarter sauce.
It all changed before I quit and everything and I mean everything began coming from corporate. Instead of smaller local delivery trucks the over the road semi began showing up that could not even get on the property they were so big.
The meats all SUCKED, the rolls were often stale and the quality of all the ingredients in general seemed to just fall off a cliff.
Yeah I saw it happen and it happened fast!
My wife and I swung into one of these places about a month ago for the first time in years and it was so bad neither of us finished what we ordered.
One of my favorite local Italian Restaurants told me that to order take-out I had to pay in advance with a credit card, this is a place I’ve been going to since it opened in the 60’s, NEVER AGAIN!!!
I remember when the building was a seasonal stand that sold fresh turkeys for Thanksgiving and many other things that were raised and grown on the big farm behind it.

Yeah, fast food SUCKS………!!!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: read below

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Get a smart phone and get with the times I guess. Progress is progress and you can’t expect technology to sit still just because you may not like it or be familiar with it.

Storing ccard details in apps is not as scary as the technophobes on ATS make it out to be. Sure there are security breaches from time to time, but so long as you have followed the correct usages, and used a credit card as opposed to a debit card, your transactions are insured. If you fall victim to fraud or phishing and volunteer your details…well, that’s on you.

But I wouldn’t shy away from technology because of fear mongering. As people in the know for help and advice. Just not the morons on ATS who believe everything is being spied on by the Illuminaughty

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I liked the convenience of Fast foods using clipped coupons from papers or the web, and paying with my credit card at the windows.

Now, no more paper coupons,

Not where I live. Although I live in the UK. There are coupons all the time either on the back of a bus ticket, or Metro newspaper. There's always coupon for a Big Mac and Fries for 1.99. Or the your receipt when you visit the place, 1.99 Big Mac and Fries or Veggie Burger and Fries, just by spending 2 minutes to give some feedback.

Burger King gives out coupons now and again. But I never go to Burger King because their buns are always dry, and they're just a worse version of McDonalds. It used to be good years ago when it was actually under British ownership, but since it went back to American, it's just gone down hill.

Wendy's closed in the UK for 20 years and I think have opened a couple of stores. But the only one I've been too was when I was in New York.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Just want to thank you for this thread. I feel the same way. I have a cell-phone, an old flip phone from way, way back (circa 2012 if I remember correctly) and it works for me just fine. These smart phones hold no attraction for me... at my age I prefer not to strain my eyes trying to read a whole page of data on a tiny screen (my office computer uses a 43" HDTV for a monitor, sitting about 3 feet from my head... I literally have to turn my head to see the whole thing), and I know how to survive just fine without internet access for a few hours in town.

I tried a tablet for a while... worked OK, but I just didn't use it enough to justify the cost of the data plan. When I want something, I already know where to get it.

If I am at home, I got three machines, two of them hot and fast number-crunchers I use for research and simulations, to handle my Internet needs. Why do I need a computer to buy a hamburger? I am simply not going to get a smart phone for something so mundane... you want my business, take my money the way I give it. You're just not that important.

My one hope is that I remember the big breakfast to-do a few years back. One chain found out there was this market for breakfast, and they decided to fill it. Soon, every single fast-food place was offering breakfast. That's fine and well if someone wants breakfast, but they also stopped selling burgers until 11:00! I cannot the number of times I have pulled up in a drive-through to order a burger and been told "I'm sorry but we're serving breakfast. Would you like a home-made biscuit?" Every single time I drove away.

After a while, these places started figuring out that people were driving away and started allowing a regular order. I don't go to a restaurant to be told what I want to eat. I go to a restaurant to tell them what I want to eat.

In the same vein, I don't go to a restaurant to surf the Internet. I go to a restaurant to eat. Maybe it won't take as long this time for these places to figure that out.

(And yes, I know fast food is bad for you... but I am so accustomed to fast food now that I start craving Big Macs every time I eat too much healthy food. Go figure.)

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Burger King ticked me off a while back. They ran a sale which I thought included a Whopper, buy one, get one for $1. I was gonna buy two items, a Whopper for me and a fish sandwich for my wife (she loves fish). I got to the order taker thingy and ordered a Whopper and a fish sandwich, and it came up regular price! So I complained and was told I could get the deal if I ordered their "Impossible" Whopper instead.

I did.

I now know why it is called the Impossible Whopper. It is impossible to not know that you're not eating a Whopper. Thankfully, since i am a redneck, I can eat things that would make a shark gag and a billy goat puke. Otherwise I would have been gagging and puking.

I keep my fast food orders simple. These are not chefs preparing this stuff; they're kids who can't find work anywhere else. They will learn to make Big Macs, Whoppers, Dave's Doubles, etc. pretty quickly through simple repetition, so I order those to keep from having a hassle. It's simple, it avoids mistakes, and it works for me. Why would anyone want to screw that system up?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join