It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paying for breathing. Carbon meters are mandatory now in restaurants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
It's basically a fine punishing public vendors for the unmasked customers/employees who think they're sneaky and clever by disregarding health policy when no one is looking. Now the meter records any change in CO2 levels and saves that information for the health department.

I'm sorry, but a mask is not going to stop your exhale from getting into the air. If everyone was wearing a mask where they had to re breath all of their exhale, everyone would be passing out if not dead. Since the majority of people are not passing out and getting dizzy, they are not wearing masks that prevent the release of carbon emissions in the air. Your argument that it will catch businesses not forcing people to wear masks is bogus.

It is not fine punishing businesses that let people have the freedom to choose. There are other health risks to wearing masks. One is that if you are sick say with the common cold, it increases your viral load when you cough out the virus, and re breath it back in because of the mask making you sicker over time.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Is it tyrannical to ask people to take their shoes off in your house?

No, but it is tyrannical to demand that all your neighbours on your street demands their guest to take of their shoes.

This is not the restaurant (homeowner) demanding this of their guest.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just use a plastic bag every-time you exhale.

Imagine how stimulating for romantic dates:

"Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a fish bowl".

"You too? Wow, we have so much in common. Coffee at my place or yours? Excuse me, my exhalation bag is about to explode, let me just order another one. Waiter"!

Expect snarky retorts from staff if you ask stupid questions:

"Wow, is everyone breathing in a plastic bag because of carbon"?

Waiter: "No sir, it's the annual meeting of Glue Sniffer's Anonymous".

Perhaps in the US: "No sir, everyone just watched President Biden's latest town-hall address, and they're all having a panic attack".

Er, the latter remark might actually be true though.
edit on 26-10-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They need to invent portable CO2 capture/converters for people to wear all the time 😎🚬

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman
This method could also reveal red flags for extreme cheapskates:

"Excuse me, I'm just going outside for a smoke. I'm still going to exhale in the bag though, and take it home with me. Re-using the second-hand smoke saves me at least three packs a year. Waste not; want not"!

Unless you're similarly frugal that's a red flag to amble for the hills (not to fast though, it cause more carbon emissions).

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yip, I was once shoved into the closet totally starkers, when his dad knocked at 6:30 in the morning because the neighbors can't start their car.

And there I sat, until I found his cigarette stash, and I smoked at least three cancer-sticks whilst blowing the smoke into a plastic garment cover with a zip.
Open the zip, exhale, quick close it, don't let a smell escape.

Meanwhile his parents had gone shopping for ages, and he was still trying to push-start the neighbor's automatic.
Well if I could do it, so can everybody else.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They need to invent portable CO2 capture/converters for people to wear all the time 😎🚬

Yes , perferably Up their Keisters .....)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

W.T.F.??
now, i know i only passed 6th grade, but....

how the F* can you possibly get 4 THOUSAND pounds of co2 GAS
from ONE TON of coal??

you DO know that ONE TON = TWO THOUSAND POUNDS?
you went to college?

p.s. not to mention i been burning coal 7 months a year for last 40 years
but that hot co2 gas goes UP THE CHIMNEY, AND THUS IS LIGHTER THAN AIR.
so has no weight at all... i get maybe 200 lbs of ash leftover
THESE ARE HARD FACTS- IRREFUTABLE, AND REPRODUCABLE
wonder WHO published THAT paper?
edit on 2021-10-26T23:03:02-05:00pmpp03America/Chicago by cappie because: (no reason given)

and IF it was possible to get the same weight of GAS 1 ton per ton of coal,...
CO2 would only make up a PORTION of that ton (MANY other gasses involved too)
edit on 2021-10-26T23:20:53-05:00pmpp20America/Chicago by cappie because: added sentence

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here in Spain, if a bar wants to remain open, they also jave to install a co² meter, as part of regulations and measures against covid. I asked my wife (who owns a bar) what on earth a co² meter has to do with covid and why they are mandating it.. She couldn't answer obviously but if she wants to be able to receive customers, she is obliged to have one..

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   
how do you get over twice its weight of carbon out of a ton of coal? a ton is like 2000 pounds but you have it releasing over twice that amount of weight of carbon.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lux666they need to stop worrying about imaginary junk science and worry about real problems their country faces like the cartels actually running huge sections of their country and the rampant corruption in all levels of their country.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYoungeractually plant love higher levels of co 2 . during times of the dinosaurs co2 in the atmosphere was double what it is now which led to much more lush vegetation which fed the larger herbivores,

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lux666

" China ‘Pledges’ to Increase Pollution for Another Decade "

"China, the world’s largest polluter, pumps out more greenhouse gas than all of the other industrialized nations combined. China is currently undergoing a severe energy crisis and last week ordered an “all-out” increase in coal production to fuel its power plants. "

How are the Global " Mean Greenies " gonna put that Chinese Carbon Back in the Bottle ? Answer . they Ain't ........

www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cappie

You should have stuck in school a little longer.

The carbon atoms bond with 2 oxygen atoms hence the C + O² this more than trebles the weight CO² is about 3 ½ times heavier than a carbon atom.

Btw carbon dioxide is a part of that thing you call air it doesn't matter if it's hot. Also 4200 pounds of C0² is the same as 4200 pounds of 'air' or even lead.

Ironically I simplified my post and tried not to get too technical, shame... I shouldn't have bothered.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

No.

There's no extra anything. Check my reply above, basically each carbon atom bonds with 2 oxygen atoms and releases energy.

Unless you're aware of coal that has it's own oxygen?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Those are actually to detect which ones will vote one party over the other, and then either bar them/send them back to Mexico, or just let them in all willy nilly. True story. My tinfoil hat told me so.

edit on 10-31-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: gd typo!

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You Are Smart .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join