It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMBARRASSING WNBA Championship Parade Shows Why Women Don't Get Paid The Same As Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: puzzled2
Pay should be based on skill and as most womens teams couldn't beat an average 17 year male team they should get paid the exact same as the 17 year males. i.e zip

I disagree. Pay should be based on market forces. Right now the market says WNBA players don't deserve much, although it's more than zero.

They are the best at what they do. They deserve some recognition for that, but they are never going to be loved and revered like NBA stars and they need to accept that.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: puzzled2
Pay should be based on skill and as most womens teams couldn't beat an average 17 year male team they should get paid the exact same as the 17 year males. i.e zip

I disagree. Pay should be based on market forces. Right now the market says WNBA players don't deserve much, although it's more than zero.

They are the best at what they do. They deserve some recognition for that, but they are never going to be loved and revered like NBA stars and they need to accept that.

What you said and what I said aren't mutually exclusive. I agree actually.
edit on 25 10 21 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In the era of LeBron even NBA players aren't really loved

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Heh, they're more loved than almost any female sports figure ever will be.

But I was in track and field and long ago made peace with the idea that the things I do are not things most people are going to be into enough to really care one way or the other.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow for women who are good at sports considered revenue sports though. They see the men signing autographs and getting endorsement deals, and they want a piece of that.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The average high school player could do it. Neither Williams sister could beat any guy from the top 200.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: onoloufo
a reply to: everyone

there are many differences between men and women. for example, women give birth to babies. babies that sometimes become angry men and some also become misogynists.

Or misandrist woman...

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So I need to know what these girl basketball players won? Do they now get to drive or vote for winning the WNBA Championship?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So I need to know what these girl basketball players won? Do they now get to drive or vote for winning the WNBA Championship?

Cigarettes.
The "ette" part makes cigars sound all French and feminine and sophisticated.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

I don't believe I have ever said anything about pay or thinking I or anyone else deserves it. Currently, I pay to do what I do, so don't give me crap.

Well then we are talking past each other then because that’s what I get from everyone talking here. Nobody cares if women want to play sports. They care that they are being subsidized to play sports on every level.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
a reply to: AaarghZombies

If it was their choice then why do they complain about it? I didn't know it was a choice they made. Then again, I don't know much about sports in general.

Have you ever argued with a woman? They never make sense and when its their fault, they will find a way to make you feel like its your fault and make you pay for it too.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: detroitnative

You just described my husband's attitude! hahaha

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That would not be much of a prize considering they already have that here.
Maybe that would be a prize in Afghanistan or any other country that practices sharia law but even then very unlike to happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

I don't believe I have ever said anything about pay or thinking I or anyone else deserves it. Currently, I pay to do what I do, so don't give me crap.

Well then we are talking past each other then because that’s what I get from everyone talking here. Nobody cares if women want to play sports. They care that they are being subsidized to play sports on every level.

So then what recourse do women have? I am fortunate in that I can afford to pay, but everyone in what I do pays. Ours is not a revenue sport in the sense that we get spectators for anyone.

But again, I would argue that you haven't had much direct experience with a true athlete in female form. Our need to do it is every bit as great as a man's. It isn't exactly right to say, "Sorry, honey, you just are never going to be physically comparable, so unless you're really rich, you'll just have to not do it."

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
That would not be much of a prize considering they already have that here.

LOL. Next thing you'll tell me is wimmin can go to college.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join