It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Longtime Lurkers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
Why post if you're just going to be attacked?

I'd rather lurk.

Not everyone will attack, some will even be on your side,
and what i've learned, LOTS will cheer you on lurking!

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Lately, I haven't been much of a lurker, but I was for a decade. I just like to read to unwind after work or while on a break. Commenting is not very relaxing for me. That's all there is to it. I especially love cryptozoology, ancient civilizations and ufo stuff. That used to be quite common here. I hope it makes a comeback.
edit on 26 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

cryptozoology

That is the subject that brought me here, but I also research about the paranormal (which I don't love so much) but really believe in.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I do enjoy the paranormal threads. I'm not religious at all, but I even enjoy reading the bible threads, too. The big Yellowstone thread back in 2009 is what got me hooked on ATS
edit on 26 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When I joined in 2010 I was still living in Connecticut,recovering from neck surgery.

At this time my day to day consisted of an hour of physical therapy followed by an entire day wasted in front of my computer PVPing with my Druid and Hunters on World Of Warcraft arenas and BGs. That is when a good friend of mine suggested I check this site out..With more time than sense I took his advice.

I lurked for quite a bit and liked what I saw, so I joined and dived right in offering my perspectives and sharing my thoughts.

Until around 2012 when I moved to the sticks of vermont. Ripped right out of my daily routine and not having any internet access except a cheap " not so smart " phone that allowed me to read along but replying was a nightmare. Cycling through the number pads letters to type was not conducive to long form communication.

So I started lurking, reading along with my morning coffee,then,, when I finally upgraded to a slightly less dumb phone I was already used to just reading along..

I think zazzy's Winter is Coming thread was what it took to lure me back out of the shadows.

Now I only chime in from time to time and that works well for me..

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join