It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No CNN programming has more than I million viewers first 14 days in October

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No CNN programming has more than I million viewers first 14 days in October?

Saw this elsewhere and Im checking to see if it's true. If so that's remarkable hopefully it will lead to the network folding, I bet ratings have never been that low except maybe in year 1

semi relateded

www.mediaite.com... idents-audience/

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

CNN’s ratings are still circling the drain.

The far left network has suffered a drop in ratings for months. Specifically, since Trump has left office. They spent four years trying to get him out of office and it turns out he was the best thing that ever happened to them.
edit on 23-10-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Propaganda has lost its popularity?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm convinced at least half their viewers are YouTubers looking for clips to make fun of.

I should go and look up the viewing numbers for BBC but I find it easier to pretend they don't exist anymore.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I'm convinced at least half their viewers are YouTubers looking for clips to make fun of.

I should go and look up the viewing numbers for BBC but I find it easier to pretend they don't exist anymore.

Probably but as an Atlantan very familiar with Ted Turner and the history of CNN. It was a decent employer here at one time, though that was pre-Time Warner. It was somewhat iconic and revolutionary, now it needs to fade away.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Similar with the beeb over here.

Once a respected and trustworthy organisation but now most people I know treat it like something that requires wiping off the bottom of your shoe.

Not that there's many good alternatives. Some are tolerable, briefly, but that's just me. Not much of a TV fan in general.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Once a respected and trustworthy organisation but now most people I know treat it like something that requires wiping off the bottom of your shoe.

Not that there's many good alternatives. Some are tolerable, briefly, but that's just me. Not much of a TV fan in general.

Me either as far as a TV fan, but I used to be a news junkie, now I don't trust or watch any of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have a friend with a son in basic. He says all tv's are CNN and CNN only.

Would have started a thread on it but I can't verify.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I personally haven't watched the news in over a year, not surprised this is happening.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Perhaps but at least the BBC has a few redeeming qualities, CNN doesn't

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
“Perhaps but at least the BBC has a few redeeming qualities, CNN doesn’t “

And that just might be thanks to the singing Austin Powers!

youtu.be...

edit on 23-10-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: Left out the C for communist

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is really great news.....I loathe CNN. For them to go belly up would be just to good to be true.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Five years and counting here.

a reply to: RussianSpy

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Keeping that stripped-down propaganda factory afloat is a mere pittance & extremely beneficial to those who truly profit off it, eh?

It ain't going anywhere soon.

edit on 23-10-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

EDIT:
Sorry...Nevermind.

I was looking at MSNBC, not CNN.

My bad.

edit on 23-10-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Perhaps but at least the BBC has a few redeeming qualities, CNN doesn't

They still have loyal viewers but the thing that annoys people is having to pay for a licence fee even when they don't watch BBC programmes.
There are ways round it but it's a bit tricky trying to prove you don't watch.
The inspectors who visit unlicensed addresses can be very persistent and I guess most pay up just to avoid the hassle.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They have tv's in basic now?
edit on 23 10 2021 by tamusan because: We watched training videos, but no regular tv

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

My wife was watching too much cnn. Not for news, but to "Improve her English" I blocked the channel and told her it went off the air. they were getting her all wound up last year over nothing.
edit on 23 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Probably the same sort of contract they have with airports as well. That's the only thing on any screen in an airport I've been in over the last 10+ years.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Sad that the only viewership is because it's mandated.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well considering the ratings and viewership you can remove probably 25-35% of those due to the places they have contracts with. I would say a very small portion of the American public actually watches them or pays attention to them.

It's impossible to get a factual news source these days as it's all opinion pieces disguised as news. Even the reporting on the girl who was killed by her boyfriend in the national park had so much speculation it's not even funny. Just the facts please.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join