It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shibarmy Strikes Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Trueman

Burning a billion here and there is technically good. But how impactful is the root of discussion when we have a supply of 400t~

Call it a good way to start :

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's not good or bad, it's just a small psychological marketing trick.

It's more than that even. In the end the % counts. If you were a betting man, I bet you 50€ that if I drop a sell order in a low handled coin with huge supply into the order book, this will pick up attention and steer the market down.

Even more so, if I do not just drop one big order but add to it over the course of about ten to twenty minutes, depending on the flow, so people will see the (virtual) market shift and start panic selling. For maximum psychological effect, make the high priced sell order an iceberg order of lower amount but divideable (so people get the idea it's one entity doing it without checking into the details of the book) and bluntly add lower priced big ones toe to toe... this will drag down the price.

And all it was, were huge numbers. The % difference kind of dilutes when numbers get too big, people start to freak out. I fell victim to this too.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Certainly is I think, but I still tossed about a months worth of fast food money into it, if it jumps because some billionaire tweets about it I am ok with making some extra money.

Not really different than playing lotto, some crypto is actually trying to fill a technological need and could have a long term gain.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Imagine you have someone in a third world country where people makes one dollar a day or so. Then you send this person Shibs. You know what I mean ?

South America will use Shiba Inu. You already can get it in Brazil and Argentina soon too.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I heard Robinhood won't list Shiba on a podcast there is so many rumours in crypto it is like Hollywood tabloids...

Releasing a game with Shiba's battling or doing something stupid on mobile devices. Would be a foot in the door especially in developing countries. Then expanding into more NFT games may be enough to concrete this meme coins use case.

Supply is to high atm to hit some people's insane forecasts, if people are patient and hodl who knows.
edit on 23-10-2021 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Certainly is I think, but I still tossed about a months worth of fast food money into it, if it jumps because some billionaire tweets about it I am ok with making some extra money.

Not really different than playing lotto, some crypto is actually trying to fill a technological need and could have a long term gain.

Yep, long term is key. I see people saying Shiba Inu is not good and at the same time I also see my balance going up little bit at time.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I will keep an eye on it, thanks for making the thread

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

If they don't, it's the end of Robinhood. People getting their DOGE from there and converting it to SHIBs.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I will keep an eye on it, thanks for making the thread

Just reading your reply made it worth.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They said this about other coins but daily PNL > 30% in these coins proved me right. Listen to your experience and gut but have exit strategies of course (I know you have, from earlier talks).

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I got 12,484,401.21832933 SHIB.

But how much in dollars is that and are you actually able to sell it for dollars?

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

3620€, so a bit less in USD.

This should not come over as a snide remark but I got sentences like this before on a German board and well that Tycan4S is kind of proving them all wrong

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I got 12,484,401.21832933 SHIB.

But how much in dollars is that and are you actually able to sell it for dollars?

I bought most of them very, very cheap. When whales and Musk were doing pumps and dumps. Anyway, I'll keep buying if can, there are no more dips. Little retreats and consolidations. I actually was about to buy more this morning but then it went up like a rocket.

I was researching yesterday, seems like In Coinbase you can convert your coins in bucks and then deposit them in your bank account. Obviously, there are fees. I didn't try it yet, not selling. But I used the convert to other coins option.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
On binance you can trade them directly to FIAT.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
On binance you can trade them directly to FIAT.

I think this is an interesting issue. For now, most of people still needs the ability to convert crypto to dollar. It is a matter of time, one day soon we will see no need for that as more countries and businesses accept cryptocurrency.

Then, no Dollar or Euro. China fears that, but soon or later they need to change their policy or their economy will suffer greatly. They know that step will end their communist regime and can't stop it.

Knocking down internet worldwide is not an option. That measure won't be selective, it would hurt them in all other aspects. Crypto is here and it will rule the world.

No paper bills or metal coins. Just one electronic wallet. I already installed a Coinbase wallet, didn't use it yet.

There is also a rumor that Amazon is planning to accept Shibs by the way. Bezos is not stupid, it's a win - win.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
I heard Robinhood won't list Shiba on a podcast there is so many rumours in crypto it is like Hollywood tabloids...

Releasing a game with Shiba's battling or doing something stupid on mobile devices. Would be a foot in the door especially in developing countries. Then expanding into more NFT games may be enough to concrete this meme coins use case.

Supply is to high atm to hit some people's insane forecasts, if people are patient and hodl who knows.

There you go my friend.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Haha GG. Maybe a month ago I got 1M Shiba for $9.40 and now its worth $30+ if only I would have dumped 3k in lol woulda tripled it.

If anyone here was in the crypto-space in May, they can attest, it can fall real quick. Had a friend with something like 1.8k in Doge back in may. Sending screenshots of graphs to the moon, making $800+ a day in passive income. He lost something like 80% in 2 days. Not trying to spread FUD I hope it goes all the way up to a dollar...id have a mil lol...just be aware it happens and when you experience it once you become acutely aware.

And I know the principle "an unrealized profit is not the same as a loss" but I'll be damned if my brain doesn't think an unrealized profit is the exact same as a loss lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Haha GG. Maybe a month ago I got 1M Shiba for $9.40 and now its worth $30+ if only I would have dumped 3k in lol woulda tripled it.

If anyone here was in the crypto-space in May, they can attest, it can fall real quick. Had a friend with something like 1.8k in Doge back in may. Sending screenshots of graphs to the moon, making $800+ a day in passive income. He lost something like 80% in 2 days. Not trying to spread FUD I hope it goes all the way up to a dollar...id have a mil lol...just be aware it happens and when you experience it once you become acutely aware.

And I know the principle "an unrealized profit is not the same as a loss" but I'll be damned if my brain doesn't think an unrealized profit is the exact same as a loss lol.

I hear you. That's why I've been adding $20 average batches. January will show us how serious Shiba Inu really is. I've been checking the dates it goes up, this one got everybody by surprise. I expected it between Sunday (tomorrow) and Monday and then consolidation.

I wonder if that will still going to happen. In that case 0.000035 will be the next consolidation point.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Even then you look at 24 hour volume measured in dollars.

Units do play a part, but if volume is high the market absorbs it. If volume is low it's easier to move the needle.

But at the end of the day, as a holder, a 20% rise on 5 coins or 5,000,000 means your initial investment went up 20%.

Bitcoin is super expensive, but it still has good runs.
edit on 23-10-2021 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As a case study, I'll provide the following example.

Trump announces plan to bring social media company public via SPAC.

The current ticker DWAC only has 28 million shares (more to come down the road though)

The first day has 500m share volume. That means we went through the total supply about 17 times. That's why the price went up so explosively.

The higher the supply, the harder it is to drive it up, because it's harder for the supply to be wholly owned leaving a large float.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join