It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking Up In Another Realm, Or In Another Body - Personal Experiences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

I notice some people walking through the streets, courtyards and squares, even though it is late

I am confused for a moment as to why there is so many people walking around so late

Then I realise, that most of these people are somehow disembodied. They aren't real physically present people

They are everywhere. Exploring the City. But none of them are really there

This sounds a lot like the Bodachs from the series of books centered around a character named Odd Thomas, by Dean Koontz.

The books and the stories were excellent and the writing by Koontz was top notch.

If you haven't read them yet, I highly recommend them. I recommend them to many people, but they'll have a special meaning for you in light of your experiences. Everyone I have ever recommended them to has thanked me for doing so.

BTW - one of the recurring characters in the book is the ghost of Elvis. Dead Elvis follows Odd Thomas around and never speaks, he just cries all the time. Interesting doesn't even begin to describe it...and it's also very cool.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I've read a few very good Dean Koontz books, but not Odd Thomas

Dragon Tears is my favourite. It would be a good movie, though they probably couldn't make it, because entire chunks of the book are written from the perspective thought of a dog

I have seen the Odd Thomas movie. I thought it was really good
edit on 17 11 21 by Compendium because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Compendium
I've read a few very good Dean Koontz books, but not Odd Thomas

Dragon Tears is my favourite. It would be a good movie, though they probably couldn't make it, because entire chunks of the book are written from the perspective thought of a dog

I have seen the Odd Thomas movie. I thought it was really good

Here they are in order...

Odd Thomas (2003) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Forever Odd (2005) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Brother Odd (2006) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Odd Hours (2008) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Odd Interlude (2012) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Odd Apocalypse (2012) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Deeply Odd (2013) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
You Are Destined To Be Together Forever (2014) Hardcover Paperback Kindle
Saint Odd

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

this part:

Mood: Pensive
Member is offline.
311 136
600 6 34

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 17:31link quote replyI often have experiences where I wake up in other worlds, or as other people

These are not like regular dreams, which I had all I had for my entire life up until about 10 years ago. These are something completely different

These are exactly like waking up in your own body, in your own bed, except you are someone else, somewhere else

You can see, hear, touch, taste, smell, everything, as if you were awake in your own body...

a couple nights i have encountered the symptoms described in your OP, (within the last 8 days/nights)

i have filed these odd experiences as sleep-walking episodes

its' unlike a Lucid-Dream state of consciousness

luckily, in the sleep-walking mode i did pee in an empty trash can and not my shorts or floor

so, acceptable nocturnal journey... i won't think about it unless i continue to pop-into-a-world-i a asleep in

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Sounds interesting, but I think maybe a little different

There is no sleep-walking or movement of my physical body from my bed

Imagine waking up as a different person, in a different body, in a different body

Completely lucid, and as real as waking up in your own body

Wondering where you are and who for are. But more so, how you are them, when you are still conscious and awake on them as yourself

In one, I woke up in what looked like 18th century England

Everyone was wearing those stupid white wigs and we were in a room full of dark wax-polished wood and leather furnituring

It was some type of high-society bar, that felt as though it was underground

It was full vivid colour. I could see and hear like I was awake

This one in particular, I saw a huge mirror hanging on one of the walls. It was a little dull and looked as though it may have been some type of polished metal, rather than the sort of mirror we have today

I was consciously able to control my body, to look in the mirror to see "who" I was

I looked sort-of like myself, but not exactly

Another, I was some type of royalty at a college. I may write another post about this soon

But in that experience, I was able to walk to a bathroom specifically to look in the mirror and see who I was

I looked nothing like I do today

I've stood on the top of a cliff overlooking a massive open plain

This was as profound, lucid and clear as something like standing on the edge of the grand canyon, Ayers rock or Ubirr rock in the NT, Australia

It was beautiful and breathtaking. So much detail

I was actually standing there

The thing with this though, is that I am fairly certain that this wasn't anywhere on Earth

I have stood on the edge of such places on Earth and the curvature of this place was much, much larger

It would have to be twice as big as Earth, if not bigger

It is hard to tell exactly, except to say that the curvature of the planet was big enough for me to notice just by looking at it, that the planet was way, way bigger

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   
"Waking Up In Another Realm, Or In Another Body - Personal Experiences"

Psst that's just called: Dreaming

Try not to identify with it... like; I dreamed Ginger from Gilligan's Island was floating on her back in bunch of straw like fully nude slowly bobbing up and down in it. Then a dude appeared down there standing at her feet oh he was maybe 12-15 years old. My view was like that of a bird sitting on a branch... just doing whatever birds do until that arrived in my view.

I guess the "dude" was trying to get some straw for a house "being" also a bird wouldn't those two look like one and not knowing "oneself" as bird think all of them as human right? So anyways like the three little pigs he was getting some straw for it and well, man isn't SHE a "brick house" like the song said?

The many masks of life and yet eating, sleeping, and pooping is common to well pretty much all of it... even "New car scent"? yep; Factory poop.

Not knowing it is a dream? Ha hahha ahaha ha habits I guess.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Who wakes up?

Maybe there is no who.

Just dreaming....just what seems to appear.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I see that this topic didn't get any positive response I on the other hand are a true loosid dreamer .
I have read the posts you did on warp drive and firmly believe you have you head screwed on .
I am starting to believe that I am occupying myself in so many other versions of reality and even other people on occasion .
Have died many times and sometimes I cannot wake up even when trying to just wake in bed to find I'm still asleep realise it and this has happens 4 maybe 5 times like I'm trapped on many occasions .
The most sereal dream was driving in a car not mine but it feels like I own it and then gravity suddenly turns off the feeling of my stomach lifting up in my chest and traveling at speed but the preload of the suspension has jumped the car off the road only slightly and being headed towards the end of the street being so real and in danger of crashing I wake .

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks Jack

Positivity is always appreciated

In any of your experiences of death, did you happen to die protecting someone else? Or in a way which was selfless, you were unimportant, or you forsake yourself for someone else, or the greater good?

If so, this is a very powerful alignment. It connects the darkest part of your form (death) with the lightest part of your heart

And you should be putting yourself through the esoteric purge process carried out in mystery schools like the Eleusinian mysteries

Even if you didn't die for anything like this, you should go through the purge process

It clears the 3 main aspects of self, to open up pathways between the waking, and non-waking worlds

There is a certain connection you bring back with you, to this world, which can be concentrated into a very powerful form of "light" and presence within you

It takes years to focus, and it is not much fun to go through (as painful as anything you will ever experience). But it is worth it afterwards. If you want details on how to self-initiate, I am happy share what I know
edit on 21 9 23 by Compendium because: Added something

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   
That experience is one of the three poisons Buddhism speaks of as a not self... The strange thing is when Buddha was asked if there was or was not a self he remained silent.

So I suppose the debate or verdict is still out on what that is...

I see that what they are speaking about as what are known as the skandhas... In regard to a "self".

Why are they called the three poisons? Impermanence, not self? Those two lead to a third called suffering... The way out of that is observance of the precepts/eight-fold path... faith alone only goes so far as far as liberation from the entire mass.

edit on 10-11-2023 by crowf00t because: sp

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I never know how much of your stuff is true and how much is you embellishing 'the story' but:

when I was little I woke up on my Granny's kitchen bench. It was my favourite place in the world as child, her place.
(It was awesome out in the woods - freedom and exciting and all of that)
When she turned around and looked at me and said my name that freaked me out enough to 'snap out of it' and return to where I actually was.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

I live by abject honesty, even to the point of my own detriment sometimes. I do not embellish

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds like a form of astral projection, using dynamic concentration

I read a book many years ago called: Leaving The Body - A Complete Guide To Astral Projection, which details this, as one of eight different methods for leaving the body

Could be a good read for you, if you want to explore it a little more

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

The 3 poisons, as I have just read them, seem to correlate with the purgatory process we go through in Illumination into the ancient mysteries

Except our 3 are:

Catharsis: Purge of the mind
Purification: Purge of the heart
Cleansing: Purge of the body

Mind, is anything related to repressed emotion, pain, trauma, etc. "Burnt offerings" from your past. Linked with the pig. Things you need to make apologise to others for, make amends for, or simple let go of

This includes things which were done to you, which you need to learn to let go of, or move on from somehow

Heart, is any type of emotional "impurities". Urges, aversion and things which we would consider "hatred"

Basically anything in you, which could end up seeding more pain within "mind", in future. Undoing the purge process of Catharsis

Body, is exactly as it sounds. But it is way more than just the right healthy diet and lifestyle

It is communing and balancing with animals and nature. It is learning to be gentle within your physical interactions

Catching the bug and releasing it outside, instead of killing it unnecessarily

This is because in illumination, we are taught that the Earth is our external body

Not "an" external body. It is very literally, the external manifestation, of our internal body. And vice versa

These 3 purgatory principles are the foundation of what is known as "Initiation", meaning "To go into"

Initiates learn to clean themselves in order to align the three main aspects of self:

Conscious
Reflection - Emotion
Image - Physical interaction

With the 3 divine aspects of their existential form, or "soul"

Which are the same as you find in religion

The external: Father
The internal: Jesus
The workings inbetween: The Holy Spirit

Purgatory is the only way burn the pathways clean, in order to properly align your soul with these things

I think you could be right that these experiences could be linked to the 3 parts of the purgatory process

But, in the sense that they are supposed to probably give some type of understanding and perspective of others around you

I have learned very important things about perspective through them, which would have been impossible to understand any other way ...

Unless I had experienced them for myself

Thanks for pointing out the alignment of the 3 poisons, to what I was taught as an initiate of the Eleusinian mysteries

The pig, snake and bird ...

Align with the pig snake and blindfold, in the Greek version of the labours. Which are, essentially, a basic psychology version of the purgatory process

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The bhavacakra means flowery abode or abode of flowers... Often called the wheel of life once plucked and twirled; has the "pig" as one of the three animals at the center.

What bothers me is it is just one of twelve such horoscopes or wheels within a wheel within a wheel as mentioned in Ezekiel the one he mentions: Wheels

Interestingly enough Mt Nemrut has such figures as a monument of that he spoke of pinning him to that area or more than likely it's his tomb:

The three animals would be a tertiary and would vary based on the individuals birth everyone going by the standard cock pig snake one? Not a wise decision... But likely very lucky for those to whom it does belong whether they know it as theirs or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Very interesting Compendium. If you look at revelation in which John describes his personalized journey through the tree, he also describes colors. Red of Rev. 6:4; 12:3 looks like it signifies bloodshed, sin, war and battle. Whereas blue from other sources might signify the spirit. Therefore vatican being red suggests its a place full of sin whereas pope of no color suggests he is not party to that sin.

Some people might find it hard to accept that other conciousness can be accessed. But If reality is conciousness segmented by ego. Then breaching the segmentation allows other conciousnesses to be witnessed.

I hope we don't get stuck in a blue v red struggle for another thousand years...

Come on now, do better.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Do we exist stuck in a labyrinth that we need escape or does our universe have greater purpose? I like to think this realm in which we exist is what Genesis calls the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The "knowledge" we attain in this tree are the experiences in dualities that allow us to attain higher states of being. Learning the true meaning of forgiveness by experiencing the greatest of losses etc. etc. Thus as quoted by Meister Eckhart "When the Soul wants to experience something she throws out an image in front of her and then steps into it".

Yet a time will come for all of us when the soul is ready to move to higher realms of existence. It will urge the lower self to experience its own spirituality. So learn to listen quietly to the incredibly subtle messages deep within yourself. That are more often than not, masked by the roar of our thinking minds. Tell it you don't want to be stuck here for another 1000 years. If it agree's with you. It will take you to the secret door that exists the labyrinth. The gate that no man can pass.

Wishing you wind at the back of sails.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
2 bumps? One wasn't enough?

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

“However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.”(1 Timothy 4:1,2).

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

“And stop being molded by this system of things,* [ Or “this age.”] but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2)

Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

Knowledge (gno'sis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) ...
... Thus Paul wrote about some who were learning (taking in knowledge) “yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge [...] of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7)

“... having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power and from these turn away. From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (2Ti 3:5-7)

“Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’ By making a show of such knowledge, some have deviated from the faith.

May the undeserved kindness be with you.” (1Ti 6:20,21)

How does God view the “wisdom” offered by human philosophy?

1 Cor. 1:19-25: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness [as it appears to the world] of what is preached to save those believing. . . . Because a foolish thing of God [as the world views it] is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God [as the world may see it] is stronger than men.” (Such a viewpoint on God’s part is certainly not arbitrary or unreasonable. He has provided in the Bible, the most widely circulated book in the world, a clear statement of his purpose. He has sent his witnesses to discuss it with all who will listen. How foolish for any creature to think that he has wisdom greater than that of God!)

Source: Philosophy (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

“Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,

Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,

Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those wise in their own eyes

And discreet in their own sight!” (Isaiah 5:20,21)

“But let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar.” (Romans 3:4)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join