It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin SHOOTING

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: CrazyWater

They use fake rounds in prop guns.. same thing happened when Brandon Lee died during movie shooting 1993

This doesn't answer the question 😐

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
I often wondered what happened to poor Alec. He seemed to be a normal actor in Red October and Beetlejuice.
Did he trip and hit his head after that? His entire facial/body morphed into an overweight old "get off my lawn" kinda guy. And to think he had Bassinger...

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
That could be the incidence I am referring to.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Alec Baldwin Tweet Surfaces Criticizing Dick Cheney's shooting accident

Hilarious because that wasthe first thing that cam my mind while reading the OP !

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So...... Will we now ban guns from movies or not ??

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Shotgun makes even less sense for accidental purposes, but a whole lot more for intentional purposes.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

a reply to: jerich0

There were a real bullet in that gun chamber which killed Brandon Lee, so if this is the case again there is a conspiracy. I wonder do they check before action that bullets are all fake as they should be.

There was no bullet in the chamber in the Lee incident. It was a small piece of metal in the barrel. Still could have been planted who knows

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Not the first time probably won't be the last time. Besides Brandon Lee their was the actor back in the 80's that shot himself in the head with a prop gun pretending he was going to. Wadding in the blank cracked his skull and a piece went into his brain.

I'm thinking their were others to. Some with prop knives and swords.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Shotgun makes even less sense for accidental purposes, but a whole lot more for intentional purposes.

Intentional purposes makes no sense at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: andy06shake
My understanding is that normal ammunition has a projectile seated in the neck of the bullet case where as blanks don't.

I would imagine whomever is employed to load the weapon should be able to recognise the different.

Else hell of a mistake to make.

The issue with Lee was they removed the powder but not the primer on a prop gun which discharged the projectile part way down the barrel. The gun was subsequently used with squib rounds which had enough energy to discharge the bullet in the next scene in which it was used.

there was an actual bullet slug in the gun, the blank's firing charge propelled the slug left in the chamber, it was a .44 cal slug that killed him.
edit on 22-10-2021 by Vector99 because: edited to agree

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
There was no bullet in the chamber in the Lee incident.

In the film shoot preceding the fatal scene, the prop gun, which is a real revolver, was loaded with improperly-made dummy rounds, cartridges from which the special-effects crew had removed the powder charges so in close-ups the revolver would show normal-looking ammunitions. However, the crew neglected to remove the primers from the cartridges. At some point before the fatal event, one of the rounds had been fired; although there was no powder charges, the energy from the ignited primer was enough to separate the bullet from the casing and push it part-way into the gun barrel, where it got stuck (a condition known as a squib load). For the fatal scene, which called for the revolver to be fired at Lee from a distance of 3.6–4.5 meters (12–15 ft), the dummy cartridges were replaced with blank rounds, which contained a powder charge and the primer, but no solid bullet, allowing the gun to be fired with sound and flash effects without the risk of an actual projectile. However, the gun was not properly checked and cleared before the blank round was fired, and the dummy bullet previously lodged in the barrel was then propelled forward by the blank and shot out the muzzle with almost the same force as if the round were live, striking Lee in the abdomen. - Pristin, Terry (August 11, 1993). "Brandon Lee's Mother Claims Negligence Caused His Death". Los Angeles Times.

link   

Intentional purposes makes no sense at all.

It never does at first.

link   

a reply to: CrazyWater

They use fake rounds in prop guns.. same thing happened when Brandon Lee died during movie shooting 1993

No it didn't. Brandon Lee was killed by a real weapon. They were in a rush to film a scene. They needed a shot of the cylinder of a revolver rotating during firing. The person in charge of the weapons was off the set because they were not supposed to be using weapons in the scene being shot. The Assistant couldn't find the fake rounds for the shot, so he pulled the slugs out of live rounds and dumped out the powder and then put the slugs back in. While they were shooting the scene one of the primers detonated with enough force to push a slug into the barrel but not enough for it to come out. A bit later the weapon was loaded with blanks. When the blank was fired it had enough force to push the slug out of the barrel killing Brandon Lee.

As I said at a different place, I'd never thought that I'd be defending Alec Baldwin, but I am. Making a movie is the one place where you forget the rules of gun safety that we were taught. On set there is an expert who is responsible for the use, loading and maintaince of all of the real and prop weapons on the set. The actors follow the expert's instructions on the handling and use of the weapons. Sometimes it is necessary to point a weapon at somebody and pull the trigger to get the needed shot.

We don't know what happened. It is possible that live ammunition could have got into the weapon, but, it is more likely that the weapon had a failure when firing a blank and pieces of the weapon were propelled by the blank hitting the people.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

No, there was an actual bullet slug in the gun, the blank's firing charge propelled the slug left in the chamber, it was a .44 cal slug that killed him.

You just said that no bullet was in the gun but a bullet left in the gun killed him. That's called a contradiction.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It never does at first.

And it never will in this case.

link   

No, there was an actual bullet slug in the gun, the blank's firing charge propelled the slug left in the chamber, it was a .44 cal slug that killed him.

You just said that no bullet was in the gun but a bullet left in the gun killed him. That's called a contradiction.

edited my post, and shut up

link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
On set there is an expert who is responsible for the use, loading and maintaince of all of the real and prop weapons on the set. The actors follow the expert's instructions on the handling and use of the weapons. Sometimes it is necessary to point a weapon at somebody and pull the trigger to get the needed shot.

Which is why we need to know what the armorer did prior to this scene and what type of weapon it was.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You repeated exactly what I said earlier.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It never does at first.

And it never will in this case.

How could a shotgun explain it though?

Seriously, there isn't a possibility it could be something left in the barrel. It would have to be two independent shots or one really high powered one.

I can't imagine the use of a live shotgun round at any point in a movie as a mistake, just doesn't add up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join