It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German virologist, Stefan Lanka, says that viruses do not exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Interesting article from Stefan Lanka here (direct PDF download), where he argues that viruses do not exist. In 2015, Lanka became famous for winning a German Supreme Court ruling upholding his claim that the measles virus has never been proven to exist, and thus, is not something for which children need to be vaccinated.
edit on 21-10-2021 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

edit on 10.21.2021 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nathan-D
Interesting article from Stefan Lanka here, where he argues that viruses do not exist. In 2015, Lanka became famous for winning a German Supreme Court ruling upholding his claim that the measles virus has never been proven to exist, and thus, is not something for which children need to be vaccinated.

This downloads something as soon as you click it, just FYI to other members.

Also the file is called "Paper-Virus-Lanka".. so there's that.
edit on 21-10-2021 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thanks for the heads up! The whole thing just sounds like more stoopid anyway….

Hey, you deleted your Avatar from uploaded photos huh? I learned that the hard way myself. 😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: 😎

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So viruses do not exist? I first heard that from an aged chiropractor. He went so far back that he claimed that he trained under Palmer's son. Interesting old guy...

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this!

I took a moment to look up the word in Latin - finally - and here is what we have:

Definitions:
acrid element
venom (sg.), poisonous secretion of snakes/creatures/plants

As I have posted before, this is what Live Science says about viruses:
Viruses are microscopic parasites, generally much smaller than bacteria. They lack the capacity to thrive and reproduce outside of a host body...
The primary role of the virus or virion is to “deliver its DNA or RNA genome into the host cell so that the genome can be expressed (transcribed and translated) by the host cell,” according to "Medical Microbiology."

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

1. You state in your OP title that Mr. Lanka is a virologist. He is not: he is a biologist.

2. You state this:

Lanka became famous for winning a German Supreme Court

but provide no link to any document proving he won. Actually, he lost, at least that's what this article says:

Court Orders German Measles Denier To Pay 100,000 Euros

So, can you give us a link where we can check he actually won his case?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Interesting article from Stefan Lanka here, where he argues that viruses do not exist. In 2015, Lanka became famous for winning a German Supreme Court ruling upholding his claim that the measles virus has never been proven to exist, and thus, is not something for which children need to be vaccinated.

"A vaccine denier bet $100,000 the measles virus 'doesn't exist.' He lost. - Los Angeles Times" www.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
they have scanning electron microscope images of viral capsids.

www.researchgate.net...
edit on 21-10-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

He bet 100,000 Euros to anyone who could prove the measles virus, contrary to his claims, existed.

The Dr that proved this sued him for the 100,000 when he failed to cough up. And won in Court.

So, Hoax Bin? Not true. Just more antivaxxer bs.
edit on 21-10-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

He bet 100,000 Euros to anyone who could prove the measles virus, contrary to his claims, existed.

The Dr that proved this sued him for the 100,000 when he failed to cough up. And won in Court.

Lanka won on appeal but not on the grounds he was correct but that the terms of the bet were basically that lanka could decide what was proof or not.

Anti vaxers like to misrepresent this as the courts agreeing the virus doesn't exit.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Whoever wrote this article knows absolutely nothing about how viruses are isolated. It's called the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis.

And Cooperton is correct - pictures say a 1000 words - viruses have been seen under electron microscopy for a long time.

The guy is a crackpot.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Lanka won on appeal but not on the grounds he was correct but that the terms of the bet were basically that lanka could decide what was proof or not.

Anti vaxers like to misrepresent this as the courts agreeing the virus doesn't exit.

Oh, I had not seen that. So he welshed on a bet. And got away with it!

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Exactly.

This seems a fairly common tactic by those on the fringe of science (and I am being generous with that descriptionl

Make a offer of a reward if someone proves something then make the T&Cs so onerous as to be impossible to meet. Then claim this proves you are correct.

edit on 21-10-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What is interesting is how many members starred your post.....Seems that IQ's have dropped quite a bit round here of late.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Exactly.

This seems a fairly common tactic by those on the fringe of science (and I am being generous with that descriptionl

Make a offer of a reward if someone proves something then make the T&Cs so onerous as to be impossible to meet. Then claim this proves you are correct.

Yes indeed. Surely, one for the Hoax Bin or, at very least LOL?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Exactly.

I think LOL is strictly reserved for the good Doctor.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Exactly.

Speaking of whom, where is he lately?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Exactly.

Speaking of whom, where is he lately?

I believe he is completing his doctoral thesis on bitchuteology .

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How can he be a virologist if viruses do not exist?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

No.

just, . . . . ummm. . . no.

Nope.

*shakes head*

No.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join