It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon hates fuel cells but here we go it seems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hydrogen powered motors and fuel cells. Lets make oil for fuel obsolete this way and bypass electric grids.

I just heard a financial advisor say the he is buying Platinum and Palladium stocks because Hydrogen cars are coming. My favorite subject. My Alma Mater made a motor with Nissan of N America about 30 years ago that was patented to run with Hydrogen on demand. Only one was built and that one didn't use H2 on demand because of the cost of one part. It still wins prizes for best concept.

This Fortune article is one of many discussing H2 for energy I googled just now.

Hydrogen fuel technology- electric cars

These ideas using H2 work, I have never doubted them as I have seen that car already. I can't unsee it.

Hydrogen car tech from way back

Oh, what do you say now oh doubting Thomases. They're out there because we know some of you are against successes like these because people can't control where we get a little bit of water that actually recycles back to water when combined with O2 when ignited in an oxygen atmosphere.

edit on 21-10-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Due to the constraints of today's manufacturing and design technology. We can't get away from oil. Everything uses oil/petroleum in manufacturing.

The idea of using hydrogen is a way to limit the use of it. We would also not need to spend billions on upgrading electrical infrastructure for hybrid cars.

GM designed a hydrogen powered engine themselves. It was front page news in the Democrat & Chronicle in Rochester NY, about 1 month before 9/11. It was actually a division of GM called Delphi. I remember the engineer in the article saying, "it was surprisingly easy to make a normal engine run on hydrogen."

With a technology that's apparently easy to retrofit, has zero carbon emissions. Why is the only mention of it 20-30 years ago? We all know the answer is of course profit. Big oil would be out of so much money.

I have looked on the internet for this article, to no avail. I need to head to a local library and see if it's on microfilm.
edit on 21-10-2021 by IncognitoGhostman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

You are right but Al Gore the bore never tried to reduce carbon emissions if he didn't try this. Our whole save the planet scheme avoided this concept pretty much like it was the black plague. For the controllers, it probably was a tough one to lose since the money they can make off us in this scam is gargantuan.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Just where does Elon tie in?
The OP starts with his name but there’s nothing about him.
What exactly are his beliefs in fuel cells, have any links to what he has said online or in interviews?
There’s got to be way more than this out there……no?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut

Just where does Elon tie in?
The OP starts with his name but there’s nothing about him.
What exactly are his beliefs in fuel cells, have any links to what he has said online or in interviews?
There’s got to be way more than this out there……no?

Elon hates fuel cells
What I hope this thread does is inspire others to find articles like these for themselves and even share them if they find a good one.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Seems to me the focus should be on Direct Methanols Fuel Cells to lower initial and operation costs and have safer fuel/refueling storage. But I admit that I really never studied it as fuel cells seemed a stop gap replacement between ICE and some future tech. Department of Energy

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Seems to me the focus should be on Direct Methanols Fuel Cells to lower initial and operation costs and have safer fuel/refueling storage. But I admit that I really never studied it as fuel cells seemed a stop gap replacement between ICE and some future tech. Department of Energy

For fuels cells I say probably.

What I like is H2 on demand. That was the original patent for the Hydrogen car.

You would filter some water and put it in a tank that pulled it into a device the Space station uses to create O2 to breathe and H2 for energy.

Can't stop Joe Sixpack from bypassing their system if we can pull up to a pond and fill up our containers or get it from a tap.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I've never heard anyone say hydrogen fuel cells are not possible but they are not economically worth the effort.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Another reason why H2 on demand design that was patented or patent pending should be used. The concept without on demand H2 is a hydrogen tank that they currently are using.

Still it is better than raping the land for coal and oil in the end I think. But for now we have to use oil and coal. The wind and solar is simply too poorly designed at this point in time to be dependable. Geothermal and small nuclear power plants make much more sense for electricity and H2 for combustion.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Whenever I read anything about stored hydrogen a picture flashes in my mind from May 6, 1937, in Manchester Township, New Jersey.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut

Whenever I read anything about stored hydrogen a picture flashes in my mind from May 6, 1937, in Manchester Township, New Jersey.

Yea Silver Nitrate paint is what that was about instead of the H2. Plus helium is a better idea for that. Gasoline is dangerous too.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IncognitoGhostman

Due to the constraints of today's manufacturing and design technology. We can't get away from oil. Everything uses oil/petroleum in manufacturing.

The idea of using hydrogen is a way to limit the use of it. We would also not need to spend billions on upgrading electrical infrastructure for hybrid cars.

GM designed a hydrogen powered engine themselves. It was front page news in the Democrat & Chronicle in Rochester NY, about 1 month before 9/11. It was actually a division of GM called Delphi. I remember the engineer in the article saying, "it was surprisingly easy to make a normal engine run on hydrogen."

With a technology that's apparently easy to retrofit, has zero carbon emissions. Why is the only mention of it 20-30 years ago? We all know the answer is of course profit. Big oil would be out of so much money.

I have looked on the internet for this article, to no avail. I need to head to a local library and see if it's on microfilm.

Not to be that guy but we think Big Oil will screw us for nothing but profits, but we think Big Pharma is altruistic and would never put profits over people, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

great...
add a hi-pressure hydrogen tank to teslas... at least they wont burn for hours anymore..
after five minutes........BOOM!.

new topics

top topics

join