It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former U.S. president Donald Trump launches new social media platform

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well it certainly can't bomb harder than Gettr or Frank.
edit on 10/21/2021 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm…dude…your commenting on a social media site…stating that you don’t use social media…

Ummm…

YouSir

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I never have used social media....up until now. Sign me up.a reply to: carewemust

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin
a reply to: incoserv

Is that's what you got from my post?

It was a comment meant more towards ATS than Trump. Unless you think he deserves more leeway than just us everyday citizens. He puts his britches on just like me and if I get posts removed or banned for violating terms, then he should to, former president or not. Trump can't help himself, it's just the way he is.

I see that written sarcasm is still a problem here. Here is a clue that it was sarcasm " he says mean things" and if he was to say those things here like on the other sites he was banned from, you would see the quotes I posted, I know you have seen them in other threads.

So you have two accounts?

I think that goes against T&C.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The majority of SPACS have been complete crap shows so far. Part of that could be the big banks are pissed they miss out on all the money they make from underwriting IPO's. It'll be interesting to see what they do to this stock.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What is the website?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
According to the terms of service, it is actually much easier to ban users than Twitter. Including no reason at all. So actually, it will have more censorship power than other sites. It can ban anyone for any reason any time.

These Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN EMAIL AND/OR IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SITE OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WARNING, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.

Truth tos
edit on 21-10-2021 by frogs453 because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I think it's a bit more nuanced than that, but technically I suppose you're correct.

When I think social media, I'm thinking name attached. The whole point of the Truth network launching is because of Twitter banning people (which is a good counter). If people preferred anonymity, just make a new account if you're banned, easy peasy.

The other reason I think the distinction matters at all is through the lens of an investor... Though I don't know if there's a play for me here since there are no options available for this SPAC yet. Harder to find an angle.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yea, ever since February the SPAC market took a big hit and for good reasons. It got flooded with new companies, most prerevenue. The financial instrument is made to give companies access to funds to help them reach their goals, but if there's too many, there are only so many investors with that kind of risk tolerance to get involved.

If options were available here I'd probably buy shares and sell covered options. It's at 11.25 last I checked a share, and you can always redeem for 10 if you disapprove of the target once it's finalized. You can give yourself 11% downside protection from selling options if you're smart and make easy money.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Won’t work. I’ve seen so many people swear they were quitting FB just to be right back on.
The ones that hate it the most seem to do this weekly.

There is something that FB gives them that they can’t get from other sites, and I don’t know what it is.
One thing I noticed is that both sides love to get all preachy. It’s weird, nobody is changing their mind, so let’s get back to cat pics!
edit on 21-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Alot if our political issues are due to big tech not having healthy competition and alternatives.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Is this the same site I read about where you can't say mean things about the site or its owners? Sounds very free speechy.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't forget, they can remove your post if you use any words in all caps too. And ban you for no reason at all. Less free speechy than Twitter. But, yay! Truth!

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Don't forget, they can remove your post if you use any words in all caps too. And ban you for no reason at all. Less free speechy than Twitter. But, yay! Truth!

I guess that's what happens when your skin is also thin besides being of a healthy hue.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin
a reply to: incoserv

I see that written sarcasm is still a problem here. Here is a clue that it was sarcasm " he says mean things" and if he was to say those things here like on the other sites he was banned from, you would see the quotes I posted,

Not likely, because he doesn't really say mean things, he says true things, without flowery language to sugar coat it.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
And this..The chairman/CEO of Digital World Acquisition Group that is merging with Trump’s new media company, is also CEO of Yunhong International, a Cayman Islands incorporated blank check company with headquarters in Wuhan, China.

Too funny.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

The SPAC formed only about a month ago.

That's very curious seeing as SPACs aren't supposed to know their target upon forming, and are obligated to vrt their combination company before signing a DA

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
And this..The chairman/CEO of Digital World Acquisition Group that is merging with Trump’s new media company, is also CEO of Yunhong International, a Cayman Islands incorporated blank check company with headquarters in Wuhan, China.

Too funny.

So Choy-nah will be controlling the content? I guess you need to get your money wherever you can, for free speech of course.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yep..Trump stands to make 300 million from the deal.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

They're going to have a subscription model with curated content too.

If it's not user made, it's going to be hard not to be seen as a publisher... Which could open the company to harsher moderation standards and legal liabilities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join