It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Jones Reports that Manchin Is Considering Going Independent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
David Corn of Mother Jones is reporting that Machin is considering leaving the Democrats.

Now before you get all excited, he's not turning GOP. His plan is a two-step one that would have him resigning his leadership positions first to see if the Democrats would talk turkey with him, and if that doesn't work, he would effectively switch his party affiliation to American Independent.

After that, it becomes unclear if he would continue to caucus democrat or caucus republican. That decision right there would have drastic implications for the Biden Administration and its legislative agenda. And this is because the democrats refuse to consider his desire to cut the infrastructure bill.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well... I'll let him speak for himself.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Wednesday dismissed a report that he is actively thinking about dropping out of the Democratic Party as "bull#" and "rumors."

"It's bull#," Manchin, a centrist, said bluntly after he was asked about a report published in Mother Jones that he has told "associates" he is actively thinking about leaving the Democratic Party.

"I have no control of rumors, guys. No control of rumors," Manchin insisted after walking out of a lunch meeting with fellow Democratic committee chairmen just off the Senate floor.

thehill.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ELECTEDOFFICIAL

Yes, and Corn has heard that still stands by his story.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Mentally, Manchin is already an Independent. He just has to stop letting Schumer/Pelosi influence him, and always vote his conscience. Not just sometimes.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If he really switches, they be s#themorrhages all over the place 🚬

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes, and Corn has heard that still stands by his story.

Corn would likely do that, wouldn't he?

Who do you trust more?

If you trust neither, there is still a chance that he will leave.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Machin put out word that it is not true.
If I recall correctly, Mother Jones is a known hoax site?

twitter.com...

Manu Raju
@mkraju
Manchin denies story he’s considering leaving Democratic Party: “It’s bull#,” he told me. He added: “I have no control of rumors.”

edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The problem is that the two Independents are considered Democrats. By the book, the 50 Republicans should be the majority. The Independents should be forced to caucus independently.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Man what's with the spammers lately? Been four or five in the past week. One of them was a real nut bag.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It's sad when moderate Democrats can't moderate Democrat anymore

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Mother Jones is as much a HOAX site as some of the right leaning sources. I used it because the original source was so far left leaning. It makes sense though, it's the radicals who are insensed that Sinema and Manchin are marching to their own tunes and not the far left radical ones.

When the leftists start basically eating their own. It makes for entertaining times.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
The problem is that the two Independents are considered Democrats.

Manchin is sort of like the Democrat's version of John McCain... I spent years trying to figure out how and why American liberals would adore and defend a Republican who was against federal minimum wage laws, a huge war hawk who wanted more military spending, and who allegedly was pro-life. Now I get it, I understand how and why someone who, in a bubble, stands against most of what you believe in can also be seen by you as one hell of a great dude... it lies in the fact that the same dude also represents a huge thorn in the ass of those you despise and want to see crushed before you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type of thing. As long as Manchin holds fast against the far left whackjobs that complain about him, he's OK with me.

top topics

join