It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween kills…. Stupid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im watching the new Halloween movie.
After sitting through that abomination of Halloween Resurrection last night, I figured I would give the newest addition to the series a watch.

I absolutely loved the original 2 Halloween movies.
I can remember being a kid watching them on the movie channel and being scared out of my mind.
The story, the atmosphere, ever about the movie was great.
Curtis’ acting was phenomenal for the time.

Fast forward to present day Halloween movies….

Welp, im 15 minutes in and I paused it to come here and say:
It’s pretty stupid already.

Halloween 1 and 2 are absolutely brilliant.
They were the definition of horror movies.

The Rob Zombie reboots: we’ll I found part 1 was great.
Part 2 was okay, but it was clear the Rob Zombie gore factor was the driving force.

The one before this was okay because it basically wrote off all the disasters that came after the two originals as if they never happened.
Why does Hollywood always think they can recapture that magic of the original and make it better?
Then churn out sequel after sequel, no longer just beating a dead horse but now putting that dead horse in a blender and making a mockery of the fantastic foundation the originals set.

I’m going to force out another 20 minutes of this movie to see if it improves any.
But already the sub-poor acting is getting on my nerves.

Has anyone else sat through this one yet?
Is it worth watching in full?

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I read there were a lot of Easter Eggs for fans. Like kids wearing Silver Shamrock masks. And that many of the adults are the children grown up from the first one.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yeah that part just happened.
Tommy, the other little girl that was being babysat with him, and the nurse who Michael stole the car from in the original.
Even got a CGI original Dr Loomis part.

I’ll give it another 20 minutes to see where this goes lol
edit on 20-10-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Not just the characters, but the actors themselves. But not Anthony Michael Hall of course...the character in his case.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yeah.
I checked if it was the original actors. That’s pretty cool.

But the movie is definitely just going for just the gore factor here.
The acting is awful.
There’s even the customary 2 homo-erotic gentleman to pander to certain groups.

Meh, I’ll keep watching it just cuz it’s the season.

ETA: I’m calling it here 51 minutes in.
It’s just not good.
Doyle rounded up his merry pose to find M.M.
The pose are a bunch of blundering fools - which would mostly be the reality if you give a bunch of scared, random civilians, guns to go on a man hunt.

All well, maybe one of the next 3 reboots or sequels will be a bit better.
I wish I had more hands to give this one 4 thumbs down.

edit on 20-10-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well darn it all. That's not a review I wanted to read. Been watching all the movies on AMC in anticipation of this. But as usual, the more sequels, the worse the plotline gets.
*sigh....

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Haha yes!
I watched them on AMC too!
Last night Resurrection was on. That one where they do the reality tv show in the Myers’s house.
So I was in the Halloween mood.

Who knows, maybe you might like it even just for the nostalgia of the OG characters.
I will say don’t waste your money on the theatre to watch it.

Just go to your favourite free streaming site and watch it.
If you don’t have one, dm me, I can provide a couple resources.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Watched it a couple of days ago....

Always aware that no one expects it to be "Citizen Kane", of course.

But honestly it was a bit lame even by slasher movie standards. The acting seemed forced somehow and the plot was all over the place. They have just about milked this one for all they can. Time to put the guy down and bury the franchise, I'm thinking.

Skip it.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Amen to that!

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Going against the grain here, but I liked it. It didn't try to be artsy or anything more than a slasher. Reminded me of the old 80's horror movies. No frills, all kills. Everything had that retro feel, but in a modern way. Much more memorable than a few of the past entries. Looking forward to the 3rd part of the trilogy.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I thought it was alright.
Corny as hell, but that's what I expected.
Some of the kill scenes are cool..

Gotta go into these things with low expectations.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Absolutely terrible movie, I was done with it after 10 mins, there's no way it was getting anymore of my time

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'll probably give it a watch just because. I saw the original in the theater in '78 with my ex-wife, well we actually got married the following year. Had a huge impact on me, there had never been a movie quite like it. I still remember the way it hit me when Loomis walked over and looked over the balcony at the end and Michael was gone! Totally not expected!

After that I read the books as the came out. At least until Halloween 3 I think it was, that was a big disappointment! At least the movie was, can't remember if Iiked the book or not. So you say the first Rob Zombie remake was good? I never wanted to see it because I figured no way to improve on the original, maybe I'll give that a watch too. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yeah Halloween 3: Season of the Witch, was the absolute worst movie in the series.

Apparently, the creators of Halloween had a vision of creating a new Halloween movie every year, with different Halloween themed stories. So season of the witch, didn't even have Michael Myers in the movie.
That model failed.

The Rob Zombie remake of the original is actually really good. A large portion of the movie has Michael as a kid.
We spend time with him. Get to learn and begin to understand what made him become a complete psycho.

The second Rob Zombie Halloween though... well it has its moments, but its actually kind of weird.
He sort of takes Michael Myers in a different direction and I don't think its all that good personally.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes, Season of the Witch! Terrible!

I'm actually psyched now to check out the Rob Zombie remake, thanks for the recomendation! You have me curious now about the second Rob Zombie Halloween, think I'll watch that too.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The Rob Zombie remake of the original is actually really good. A large portion of the movie has Michael as a kid.
We spend time with him. Get to learn and begin to understand what made him become a complete psycho.

You're right, it is really good! I'm glad I watched it. I just never thought it could add anything to the original, I figured it was an opportunity to make a slasher film for the sake of that only. I am the first to admit that I was wrong. It added a lot to the story line and well done too.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Part two continues the story.
The better part of the movie is well done.
But like I said, I found some particulars thrown into the film a little odd and out of place.
And that could just be my own perspective.

top topics

join