It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costco out of TP and paper towels. I am CORNHOLIO!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So my local Costco is out of toilet paper and paper towels.
I talked to the manager and he said there is no ETA on when a new shipment will come in.

Even though it’s “Limit 1 per customer” he told me people have been gaming the system by purchasing 1 then going to their vehicle in the parking lot then re-entering the store to purchase another over and over.

I would love to hear about any shortages anyone else is experiencing right now!

I tried to upload the pictures I took but I can’t figure out how to do it on here
edit on 20-10-2021 by Brassmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Even though it’s “Limit 1 per customer” he told me people have been gaming the system by purchasing 1 then going to their vehicle in the parking lot then re-entering the store to purchase another over and over.

Costco has a system in place that checks recent purchases (TP and any other limit items) by member ID and will deny the purchase until a time limit has expired. At least they do that our city's locations. I'm not exactly sure with the timeout for TP is.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There's never a shortage of masks. That could be a good TP substitute in a pinch.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Just wait till its Stuffing Balls, Cranberry Sauce and Turkey Crowns they run out of in a month or two.

That's when the crap will really hit the fan.

Quite literally overhear in the UK where Boris and his ilk are doing their best to screw up Christmas.
edit on 20-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I ordered a giant case of TP and another of PT on Amazon. Real good price, top quality and delivered to my door step. Try that instead.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Same is true of our Costco. I'm in Northern Nevada.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Paper towels have been out at all Costco’s near me for about a month.

Didn’t you know they are all hand made and packed?

That one person that pushes the start and stop buttons on the machine is out with the Rona.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Took me a bit to dig through my posts history to find JAGStorm's thread on grocery shortages, but I feel it's a relevant thread to link because it could be handy for price comparisons over the past few months. That is, assuming you'd prefer to keep food shortages and non-edible/household goods shortages (TP for the bunghole, etc) in separate threads for that.

Like you, I've also noticed a buttwipe shortage in my neck of the woods. Not so bad that shelves were cleared out and empty, but what I've seen is that certain pack sizes (single rolls, and 4-packs) are all but extinct now. And some brands' are either very popular with folks, or the companies just can't make the old outputs anymore. I'd been chalking it up to the former, but the latter is far more likely, all things considered as of late.

Paper towels aren't nearly as sparse all around, but I have a hell of a time finding just single rolls anymore. Even Aldi doesn't seem to have single rolls anymore. It's just damn odd, the shortages seem limited to pack sizes first, brand second.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Mass Hysteria Again!

Try Walmart🚨

What's the excuse this time?😉

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's weird what is going in and out of stock. Toilet paper for a while, paper towels for a while as well. However, Garlic powder and Onion flakes were non-existent for months in places in Southern Ontario Canada. I only noticed because we ran out and then couldn't get any for a couple of months. Watch the real garlic and the garlic in the jars, a lot of it is made in China.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
In the USSR they used newspapers. They might see an upsurge in print circulation!

Unfortunately unlike the USSR you have to pay for them.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Probably be ok in the short term.

And its not like ive never wiped my own arse with newspaper at a pinch.

But most inks pretty toxic stuff these days.

Might not be best of gear to be smearing our rectal orifice with for any extended time period.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

1 then going to their vehicle in the parking lot then re-entering the store to purchase another over and over.

LOL .. I don't even like going costco for regular purchases . I can't stand inconsiderate , greedy selfish people. Costco they are all packed into 1 place !!

Costco and Walmart the two places where you see the ugly side of humanity .

I cannot imagine going in more than once . I only go in because my wife makes me. If it was not for her. I would never step in those two places ... I would rather be homeless ... No joke !

You couldn't PAY me to go to costco twice in one day LOL ... Once every two weeks is cringe enough .. I can't believe the lengths people will go to !!

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm in NW Mexico. Oddly, we've seen no shortage of essentials.

I am part of a mountain bike group and I was helping a friend order a new chain on-line a few days ago. We discovered that bicycle chains are indeed getting scarce. But essentials are still available for now. Grocery stores and such all look normal.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Just wait till its Stuffing Balls, Cranberry Sauce and Turkey Crowns they run out of in a month or two.

That's when the crap will really hit the fan.

Quite literally overhear in the UK where Boris and his ilk are doing their best to screw up Christmas.

Its a Chinese problem GLOBAL supply chain Issue nothing to do with
Boris or Brexit or any other [ Insert Agenda ]Covid 19... China and her factories were down during covid some still are suffering
from supplies to their factories from other Covid hit nations..
China supplies 28% of everything we buy Globally ... thats why there are Empty shelves EVERYWHERE
But its Boris's fault ... deny Ignorance stop pushing your political Agenda

edit on Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:15:17 -0500152America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Great. This ess H eye tee again? I'm not 100% sure about the store I use but I bought some this weekend and it was full, no limits yet. Gas, however, has shot up from $2.59 last Tuesday to $3.09 today.

Thanks a lot, Biden. I'm in a RAM group on Facebook and everyday there's another post of a high pump price with a Biden sticker on it. It always triggers the three or four liberals on there, and some will threaten to leave over it.

Some of the memes.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Naw mate over here a lot of its to do with a lack of HGV drivers, and that is indeed directly linked to Brexit and Boris administrations antics.

Stop telling people what to do.

I will say as i please to within the TnC of the site. x

A fact you are obviously ignorant of.

Plenty to do with politics and not everything comes from China, certainly not our Stuffing Balls, Cranberry Sauce and Turkey Crowns, that's a given.

link   
For anyone in need; A Persian friend of mine recommended an alternative to tp:

edit on 20-10-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My wife and I have been watching costs of goods increase steadily over the past couple of weeks.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
I would love to hear about any shortages anyone else is experiencing right now!

Nothing in the NYC area.

I can still get all the essentials: TP, paper towels, sevruga and foie gras.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join