It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hair Discrimination should be Designated as a form of Racism in the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: generik

That also begs the question: Don't black kids ever ask white kids about their hair? Are we getting just one side of the story here?

And Gingers?

2nd

About a month ago my youngest boy was up in his treehouse with his nephew. They’re both 4 years old.I could hear people over the fence.

He YELLS “hey dad!”

“There’s a ginger at the neighbour’s”

It went silent next door.

Made me laugh. But to your point, ain’t nobody gonna be asking a ginger if they can touch their hair.

Nobody

edit on 21 10 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

T BH, I think I've been refused work just because my hair is curly!

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Presumably the same applies to old men with big bushy facial hair?

Any curious 3 year old asking to touch Father Christmas's beard is a dirty racist!

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss

Okay Afro textured hair being protected is a bit far. However as far as the touching. If someone asks and the person asked is okay with it okay cool. What needs to stop and happens far to often is people making discouraging comments about black peoples hair. A coworker of my girlfriend once compared her hair to pubic hair. That’s going to far. We’ve been out and people have just reached up and squeezed her hair, which gets shut down immediately if I’m there. She gets ask constantly if her hair is real, or when she wears it natural they ask why she doesn’t comb it. If she wears it in an Afro people call her foxy brown. People just need to leave other peoples hair alone.

Maybe people really are too thin-skinned for their own good anymore? Touching uninvited is one thing. But dude, I'm just going to out and out say it:

Your face fuzz also feels like pubes. Regardless of the beard wash & conditioner chosen & used.

(which one of you just guffawed? I heard it)

I've mused to my husband that the face fuzz might as well be face pubes texturally. It feels the same, looks the same, why have a cow over it being pointed out? When I asked if it was a better texture comparison than old burlap, because it was the only other thing I could think of that worked as a similar texture, he gave it more thought instead of being offended.

That's not intending to be disparaging or discouraging to guys, it's pointing out a texture similarity with some mild ironic humor, every time I mention it even today, hubs still laughs his ass off.

Then again, he's also a German immigrant, and has heard alll the Nazi jokes and weathered the related bullying as an accented teenager. Perhaps "face pubes" is a nothing burger next to other bigger fish in retrospect.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Not sure if we are allowed to link tik toks but here is a good example of what i was talking about
vm.tiktok.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Nice to see where you stand.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Nice to see where you stand.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

When I was younger it was punk spikes and a mohican and everyone wants to feel and play about with that.

Ummm. no, not everyone. The most I do when I see someone like that is suppress the urge to laugh out loud.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

So did they but they were very interested in how it stayed up.

The eighties were fun sometimes.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
From your article. I knew I read these slogans multiple places , all related to democratic propaganda : equality , inclusive, diversity

freethepeople.org article

The hypocrisy of the left never stops astounding. "Equality' has to be the biggest lie from them
They are all about 'rules for thee but not for me ' and they get to evade tax/horde wealth , while they make up new 'laws' or rules to divert more wealth to them.

This whole 'don t' touch black people's hair' is just a cover for more indoctrinating bs . It's obviously not about hair and not about blacks, but about more and more stringent control and suppression . With that more and more censorship/political correctness

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

The hypocrisy of the left never stops astounding. "Equality' has to be the biggest lie from them They are all about 'rules for thee but not for me ' and they get to evade tax/horde wealth , while they make up new 'laws' or rules to divert more wealth to them.

They are the hypocrisy's of the political class not just one section of it , it's being played out now in the UK by the supposed Right wing Tories , turning a blind eye to immigration , filling their pockets at the expense of the tax payer while raising our taxes and curtailing our freedom of speech.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

turning a blind eye to immigration

What happened to that promise Cameron made a few years back about getting immigration down to "the tens of thousands"?
Seems to have been forgotten among the noise of Brexit and Covid.

As though tens of thousands was a small number. Jesus, there's going to be no English left.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join