It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train vrs Truck. Episode Two in my ongoing series.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here's a good one. A vehicle hauler stalled out while in the middle of a railroad crossing.

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce my new series I will title

''Somebody just lost their job.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I saw the first one.

The last one is odd, I'm thinking they relaid the trackage without checking the height under the trestle or the train got routed on the wrong line. Either way that's a major eff up.

edit on 20-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My guess is that the second one is a train being parked on a siding and someone just plain screwed up because the maintenance crew wouldn't have raised the rails.
edit on 20-10-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I love that the train blasted it's horn, ONE SECOND before it hit the truck. Like it was saying '' a little dance music please''.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The second one I've seen several times. I imagine one of two things happened, either the autocars were at the back of the train and they didn't know until it was too late or someone tore him a new one as soon as he showed up for work and decided to go out in style.

I watch dozens of train videos a day and almost never see anything like this.

Aftermath of another one.

edit on 20-10-2021 by billxam because: added video

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
My guess is that the second one is a train being parked on a siding and someone just plain screwed up because the maintenance crew wouldn't have raised the rails.

Most relaying is via a CWR maintenance train and they may have distributed the incorrect amount of ballast under the rails. I recall something similar happened here in New Jersey with NJTransit.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I could see a few inches being an issue for transit trains because some of those tunnels don't have much clearance but this one was about two feet....woof

My guess is the dispatcher didn't notice the clearance heights on a side spur. A million dollar error...ouch

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I could see a few inches being an issue for transit trains because some of those tunnels don't have much clearance but this one was about two feet....woof

I watched it again, I don't think it's two feet but it's more than a few inches which ballasting would have caused. I looked online and the only comment that made sense was someone saying it was on a spur line to a refinery near an autorack unloading area so maybe they were trying to maneuver to position there.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The person was kinda dumb to get out of their car though. All that debris, even though the force of impact sent it flying away could have easily killed him.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is the can opener bridge in North Carolina. Name says it all...

What is hilarious is they have a sign and all kinds of warnings and idiots still can't seem to figure out the bridge is too low. Notice the flashing sign warning the trucks each time.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

There's a website dedicated to that bridge. I first found it several years ago after hearing it mentioned on Tosh.0

The website is 11foot8.com...

Apparently, they raised it 8 inches in Oct. 2019.

The guy who runs the website has a couple cameras continuously recording the bridge. He now has 170 videos of trucks hitting that dam thing. lol

Between 2008 and 2019, it averaged a little over 1 crash per month.
11foot8.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The person recording that 2nd video doesn't appear to be too bright. At least to me it looks like he's standing pretty close. With all that metal being torn off and shoved together building up pressure, it wouldn't take much for a small sharp piece to get ripped off and fly right at him. If that happened, it most likely would've been so fast that there wouldn't be enough time to react. Yeah, the chances of getting hurt are slim, but not really worth the risk to be that close, just to get it on video.

Also, it looks like they knew it was happening. Right when that video starts, the train car under the bridge was already damaged, but the damaged metal was several feet away from the bridge. It looks like they hit the bridge, then stopped and backed up, before going forward again and damaging a few more of the train cars.

top topics

join