It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan. 6 panel plans contempt vote as Trump sues over probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — A House committee tasked with investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection is moving swiftly Tuesday to hold at least one of Donald Trump’s allies in contempt as the former president is pushing back on the probe in a new lawsuit.

Trump is aggressively trying to block the committee’s work by directing former White House aide Steve Bannon not to answer questions in the probe while also suing the panel to try to prevent Congress from obtaining former White House documents. But lawmakers on the House committee say they will not back down as they gather facts and testimony about the attack involving Trump’s supporters that left dozens of police officers injured, sent lawmakers running for their lives and interrupted the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory.

AP News Link

What is Trump trying to hide or obfuscate about January 6th? Conversely, what information does he want to prevent those looking for political gain from obtaining, that could be potentially be twisted into yet another smear campaign?

In a very general sense, I am wondering if this money and effort is going towards protecting Trump in a legal sense or if it is part of his political agenda?

My honest opinion is that Trump is trying to prevent some relatively innocuous information on January 6th from being twisted into a circus by political opponents and news outlets. If it were anything more, more decisive action would have already occurred.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's a kangaroo court.

We still have political prisoners from that day.

Anyone who ever supported Trump is being hauled in.

What you're seeing is McCarthyism.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I wish it was McCarthyism. We are in the realm of Stalinism now....only it is creepy Uncle Joe this time. Of course it should be noted that one of Joe’s better titles was “Leader of Progressive Humanity”, I’ll let you guess which Joe had it.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

I can't believe people are still ignorant enough to call it an attack. In other places, rioters who attack police and burn buildings after they rob them are bailed out by klamamaka Harris.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So, the proven fake Trump witch hunt is still ongoing? Who could have even guessed or predicted such a thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Early poll

Trump leads Biden

www.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Liberals are mad that Trump is throwing obstructions in their path.

Placing all their hopes on AG Garland now.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I find it funny that this investigation is based on Trump instigating an insurrection by his supporters, but they insist on looking for this proof in places his supporters didn't have access too.

He riled up the mob! With internal memos that the mob couldn't see.....uh....what?

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Or he’s setting the idiots up.
I think that’s where I’ll put my coins.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The committee thinks secret coded channels were used, even though the FBI confirms there was no covert effort at an insurrection.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If "Steve Bannon" is the best that Committee can do, then they be in deep trouble and lying is their only way out of their own mess 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Clever play by Trump as usual.

When those documents end up showing and proving zero, the joke will be on the Committee 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The committee thinks secret coded channels were used, even though the FBI confirms there was no covert effort at an insurrection.

Interesting how the FBI seems to have stepped blithely out of this.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

I wonder if the FBI was infact instrumental in instigating the jan6 insurrection for their own purposes.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

I wonder if the FBI was infact instrumental in instigating the jan6 insurrection for their own purposes.

We know they had deep cover agents doing some of the provoking 😎

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I can't believe people are still ignorant enough to call it an attack. In other places, rioters who attack police and burn buildings after they rob them are bailed out by klamamaka Harris.

They BURNED DOWN A POLICE STATION.

THAT is insurrection!

Trump supporters merely walked around a hallway, led by the FBI plants. Also, one was shot.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

What about a covert effort by the FBI?

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Best advice I was ever given a long long time ago. There was no insurrection. It was a planned event to discredit an outgoing president.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

What about a covert effort by the FBI?

To what end?

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

This happens all the time Clinton Bush Obama Trump and I will stake my life on it Biden does to .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join