It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Silicon Valley “In the Name of God” Censor “Conspiracy Theories”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Pope at a Summit a World Meeting of Popular Movements, a shadowy organization created to promote “social justice” and fight racism with the help of religious leaders.

Pope Francis invoked God in an effort to pressure Silicon Valley giants into censoring more content, including “hate speech” and “conspiracy theories.”

Summit is citing the source.

Pope Demands Silicon Valley “In the Name of God” Censor “Hate Speech,” “Conspiracy Theories”

“In the name of God, I ask the technology giants to stop exploiting human weakness, people’s vulnerability, for the sake of profits without caring about the spread of hate speech, grooming, fake news, conspiracy theories, and political manipulation,” he stated.

Pope Francis also invoked the term “post-truth,” which was invented by establishment media organs after they began to lose their monopoly on controlling the narrative following the election of Donald Trump.

Here you have a Pope who is begging the giants to stop conspiracy theories "Hate Speech" while pushing the tech giants to do it while invoking god.

This is coming after the church has faced abuse allegations.
edit on 19-10-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It fits well with the agenda and all he has been working toward.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

“In the name of God, I ask the technology giants to stop exploiting human weakness, people’s vulnerability, for the sake of profits without caring about the spread of hate speech, grooming, fake news, conspiracy theories, and political manipulation,” he stated.

This argument is so delusional for so many reasons. They actually think large social media companies are purposely promoting conspiracy theories and fake news. It's absolutely clear they are doing everything possible to censor that sort of content, there's pretty much no such thing as free speech on those platforms. But there's no way they can censor everything they don't like... and apparently that's greatly upsetting to some people. When I hear fools like the pope or that fake whistle blower whining about what little free speech remains on these platforms, I see mentally ill people who have completely lost their grasp on reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I think for the first time on ATS, I am having a serious crisis on whether I agree with everything you said or disagree with everything you said. First time that's happened but I guess we all have a lot of new things in the last couple years lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

In a way he is right I guess... they do spread fake news and carry out large scale political manipulation. But I doubt he's talking about the same thing I am.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Helious

In a way he is right I guess... they do spread fake news and carry out large scale political manipulation. But I doubt he's talking about the same thing I am.

What is he spreading? He claims to follow Jesus but he allows people to worship Idols in the Vatican.

He blessed this idol! What is he doing? Certainly not following the Christian bible! There is an agenda and they have made it clear, one world order one world religion.

Pachamama is a goddess revered by the indigenous peoples of the Andes. In Inca mythology she is an "Earth Mother" type goddess, and a fertility goddess who presides over planting and harvesting, embodies the mountains, and causes earthquakes. ... Pachamama is the mother of Inti the sun god, and Mama Killa the moon goddess.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Didn’t they do this with Galileo? I think they did.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Trump/Russia-Russia-Russia! was a conspiracy theory. Did the Pope whine to God about Silicon Valley then?

It was one of few big "Conspiracy Theories" that turned out to be totally false.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I am really against censorship no matter what, but it's not like 'he invoked God to censor CT' it's part of a whole thing

In the name of God, I ask the great extractive industries -- mining, oil, forestry, real estate, agribusiness -- to stop destroying forests, wetlands and mountains, to stop polluting rivers and seas, to stop poisoning food and people.

In the name of God, I ask the great food corporations to stop imposing monopolistic systems of production and distribution that inflate prices and end up withholding bread from the hungry.

In the name of God, I ask arms manufacturers and dealers to completely stop their activity, because it foments violence and war, it contributes to those awful geopolitical games which cost millions of lives displaced and millions dead.

In the name of God, I ask the technology giants to stop exploiting human weakness, people’s vulnerability, for the sake of profits without caring about the spread of hate speech, grooming, fake news, conspiracy theories, and political manipulation.

In the name of God, I ask the telecommunications giants to ease access to educational material and connectivity for teachers via the internet so that poor children can be educated even under quarantine.

In the name of God, I ask the media to stop the logic of post-truth, disinformation, defamation, slander and the unhealthy attraction to dirt and scandal, and to contribute to human fraternity and empathy with those who are most deeply damaged.

In the name of God, I call on powerful countries to stop aggression, blockades and unilateral sanctions against any country anywhere on earth. No to neo-colonialism. Conflicts must be resolved in multilateral fora such as the United Nations. We have already seen how unilateral interventions, invasions and occupations end up; even if they are justified by noble motives and fine words.

This system, with its relentless logic of profit, is escaping all human control. It is time to slow the locomotive down, an out-of-control locomotive hurtling towards the abyss. There is still time.

Personally as with everything I think people need to work through the stuff they believe and surpressing it isn't possible anyways.
The problem with that is just so many people get stuck on the way. And it misses a little the underlying true issue of 'those feeling helpless hating everybody and everything that semi-fits their opinion on what is wrong'.
So to me it seems the gigantic emotional investment people have is the issue, not the theories that try to figure out what the heck is going on.

edit on 20-10-2021 by Peeple because: I just woke up mistakes were made...GOSH

edit on 20-10-2021 by Peeple because: auto

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Says the guy with the 33 (ahem) mile-long underground sanctum for the deposition of all historical truth.

Amen. And Ra and stuff.

Edit: this is rich. Like Seth Rich rich.

edit on 20-10-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Everything is aligning as it was written, so let it be done....

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelations (The Apocalypse of St John) 13:16

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
F**k the pope and f**k the church. Jesus has been rolling in his proverbial grave since the start of that monstrosity, goes against all his teachings.

edit on 10 20 2021 by BerkshireEntity because: Censors

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Same institution burned people on stakes after torturing them half to death to see if they engaged in wichcraft.

Covered up the abuse of thousands and thousands of children.

The list of crimes committed by them through the centuries is pages long.

Taking the vatican serious is a slap in the face of millions of people why died by their hands.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The Catholic Church; one of the worlds oldest social media platforms that routinely uses the invocation of God to Censor what it desperately wants its flowers to believe is "fake news".

The earth is round and not the center of the universe use to be considered "fake news" that had to be censored at all costs.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm Catholic and I think Pope Francis is a sweetheart and his intentions are well meaning.

The problem is the issue of Free Will.

Some people enjoy self destructive material on the internet, and they should be free to pursue that if they wish.

I think he means well, but censorship is not the solution.

Would be better to ask the Fake News Media to cease their clickbait and intentional manipulations.

Anyway you look at it, if such is "censored" it will just move further underground.

You can't stop it. It's inevitable.

edit on 10/20/21 by GENERAL EYES because: minor additions

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well in the name of God, I hope the pope gets censored and replaced by a true righteous leader.

See? works both ways... This pope is just an NPC

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

He is the last pope. There will be none after him.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Come on Silicon Valley expose all the pedophiles in Catholic church.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would not be surprised to find out that he is either the Antichrist or the false prophet. He is pure evil!

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Lol, asking those who believe in no god save themselves and their machines to censor material he doesn't like in "god's" name made me chuckle.

I'm not sure who this god is they're going on about, but it's not God.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join