It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something spooky as heck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I was driving around 3pm yesterday.

Where I live is very rural. We are bordered by all kinds of farms, and many grow corn.

So I’m driving on this road I’ve driving on a thousand times. All of a sudden I see all these weird birds. I couldn’t make out what they were at first. My initial instinct was bats! They were flying exactly like bats, if you’ve seen bats flying you know what I mean. It is very distinct. I knew bats are not out during that time so they had to be swallows or something similar. I wondered if something was chasing them from the corn fields.

As I drove closer I became very apprehensive because the birds were flying right toward my windshield.
LOW and BEHOLD. They weren’t birds at all, it was some kind of sudden gust that sent loose corn husks flying.

I know I was not crazy in what I was seeing as the car behind me also saw them and had stopped her car. I have never in my life seen anything like that. I know what debris looks like flying and those husks looked exactly like birds flying. All I know it was totally creepy and that sight was scarier than any haunted house. I won’t look at that old farm the same way ever again. To add to the creepy factor, that farm always has black cats all around. I love black cats but the flying husks, the old creepy farmhouse and black cats is maybe just a little much!

The story sounds funny when you hear it, flying corn husks, but if you were there you wouldn’t be laughing!

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
what the heck kind of wind would do that i wonder?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The other morning in the predawn light of the headlights I all but locked up the brakes to avoid a deer by a telephone pole on the side of the road on the edge of a harvested corn field.

The “deer” was a clump of dead grass with a corn husk fluttering in the breeze like a white tailed deer signaling to hold up to the herd with their tail.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Maybe you missed a small tornado.

You can't see it well in the video, but it has happened before.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

We have all kinds of micro gusts here, but I don’t think it was that windy yesterday. The only thing I can think of
Is an animal ran through the fields and a a quick burst of wind caught the husks just right.

Either that or some kind of weird paranormal thing.

I’m so glad someone else saw it. It was just our two cars on the road.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It was pretty clear yesterday and the husks flying were grouped.

You know when it is windy and you’ll see fall leaves on the ground circling?
It was like that, a group in the air, except it wasn’t circling and it looked like they were flying!

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
As to the black cats ... my folks have a fluctuating population of barn cats. They are pretty much all black as black seems to be dominate.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
As to the black cats ... my folks have a fluctuating population of barn cats. They are pretty much all black as black seems to be dominate.

Everyone here keeps barn cats as mousers, but that house always has black cats sitting around the outside of the farm, they almost look like yard art the way they are sitting, but they are real. It seems like other barns here have a lot of the calico ones.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
The other morning in the predawn light of the headlights I all but locked up the brakes to avoid a deer by a telephone pole on the side of the road on the edge of a harvested corn field.

The “deer” was a clump of dead grass with a corn husk fluttering in the breeze like a white tailed deer signaling to hold up to the herd with their tail.

Out by us the deer population has exploded, running into one is something we all fear. Some of these suckers are huge too.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

HAPPY (PRE)HALLOWEEN!

That sounds creepy.

It reminds me of this thing which scared the sh# out of my wife.
I was not home I was away practising my drums, she called me like 'you won't believe what I am seeing.
There is this creepy guy in a billowy white clown costume hiding behind the mailboxes swaying back in forth in slow motion like he's under water.

There is a guy walking his dog who just jumped up and crossed the street to avoid him.'

She sent me the photos and it was actually some white plastic bags organised just so, stuck on a pole, blowing in the wind.
Looked extremely eerie.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
thanks for sharing OP

today I saw several corn shucks blowing across the road just like rats or some animal.

(I love this time of year, but I do worry about deer strikes)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yeah the rut makes 'em brazen. They'll walk right out in the road of our suburban neighborhood in broad daylight in the fall.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Damn those pesky Children Of The Corn!

lol, Sounds freaky weird though. Maybe it was a wind turbine, small tornado, dust devil type thing?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuitaristRob
Damn those pesky Children Of The Corn!

lol, Sounds freaky weird though. Maybe it was a wind turbine, small tornado, dust devil type thing?

What is it about corn fields? There is just something deeply disturbing about them. Is is that you can’t see what is in the rows? Is it the vastness? All I know is even as children we were creeped out by the fields.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

Probably the kind that blows, but that's just my theory.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Jeepers Creepers.........That would have been cool.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It's the chiggers. Gotta be the chiggers.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

As well you should!!

In my previous 40 plus years of driving, I hit one deer, just a glancing blow that did no damage.

In the past two years here in Alabama? Four. Two at one strike, and the other two singles.

They lurk at the side of the road, just waiting for someone--usually me, apparently--to come along.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And some people think arachnophobia is a silly phobia but spiders, ticks and chiggers are all arachnids.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hi,
I am very serious and you are very lucky to even read this post.
If you want evolve and become God again to defeat the evil, safe your families from the darkness.
Go and share this webpage: makehumangodagain.wordpress.com .
A web blog provide forbidden knowledge wisdom of life, of you human body and everything related.
Verify it, do not laugh it because you will regret !

Become God Again

top topics

<<   2 >>

join