It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Highest Infection rate because they vaccinated early!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So the latest news coming out of the Uk is that the reason we have the highest amount of infections is because of the early success of the vaccine rollout. This means the vaccine is has now waned to a point were it is no longer effective.
Story here

This will now become the narrative for pushing the boosters, I can just feel the next lockdown in the UK is imminent and I for one and just sick and tired of it all, there has to be a point when we all just say enough is enough, lets learn to live with it and let natural immunity take its course.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bilbous
So the latest news coming out of the Uk is that the reason we have the highest amount of infections is because of the early success of the vaccine rollout. This means the vaccine is has now waned to a point were it is no longer effective.
Story here

This will now become the narrative for pushing the boosters, I can just feel the next lockdown in the UK is imminent and I for one and just sick and tired of it all, there has to be a point when we all just say enough is enough, lets learn to live with it and let natural immunity take its course.

Do you people understand what lock down really means. It means " living in an outdoor prison ".

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bilbous

This narrative falls apart once you realise that the UK had a sky high infection rate BEFORE the vax was even being trialed. The uk has a terrible problem with communicable diseases because it has a densely packed population and is dependent on public transport. Every day 10s of thousands of people travelling in and out of London on jam packed trains for hours with little or ventilation, millions on the underground rail networks too.

The UK also has a problem with anti vaxxers, and with people from certain groups who refused to mask up or socially distance.
edit on 19-10-2021 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

there has to be a point when we all just say enough is enough, lets learn to live with it and let natural immunity take its course.

The problem with that is that by the time the UK reaches herd immunity a couple of hundred thousand people will have died from covid.

Building up a natural resistance will take years.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

How is it so slow for a pandemic level, airborne virus to take years to spread around a small island nation that was described as being terrible and pre-vaccination riddled with the infectous virus spreading amongst millions in packed unventilated environments?

the UK had a sky high infection rate BEFORE the vax was even being trialed. The uk has a terrible problem with communicable diseases because it has a densely packed population and is dependent on public transport. Every day 10s of thousands of people travelling in and out of London on jam packed trains for hours with little or ventilation, millions on the underground rail networks too.

The UK also has a problem with anti vaxxers, and with people from certain groups who refused to mask up or socially distance.

Surely with a simple R0 factor of 1 person infects 2 other, by now everyone there should have had it by now.

But no only around 10-12% have been a case - despite a million-ish tests a day
humm so something is not right with your doom prediction, lets look at all deaths

In week 40 2021, no statistically significant excess all-cause mortality by week of death
was observed overall in England through the EuroMOMO algorithm. In the devolved
administrations, no statistically significant excess all-cause mortality for all ages was
observed for Wales and Northern Ireland in week 39. Excess mortality was observed in
Scotland for week 37

In actual fact the graph shows, fewer people are dying than expected currently
All-Caus e Mortality Surveillance
14 October 2021 – Week 41 report (up to week 40 data)

But its ok the Flu is expected to kill 60,000 this year (almost 10x more than normal) and adding the Neurotoxic chemical to the water supply will save their teeth.

60,000 may die of flu due to low immunity caused by lockdown as 35m offered jab
Professor Jonathan Van-Tam urges Brits 'defend yourselves' as flu is back with a war on the seasonal bug to see 35million brits offered a free jab - modelling shows there could be 60,000 winter deaths due to low immunity after lockdowns

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Again We aren't "anti-vaxxers" We are "anti being experimented on". Just because You fell for the narrative and got jabbed doesn't mean everyone else will fall in line.

Let Me know when the actual "approved" vaccine is available and We can talk again then...Yes then I'll change the goal posts just like has been done with everything having to do with Covid!

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

Well there is a lot of choice out there. Suppose it depends on who gives the biggest handout to the right causes as to the choice the common man/woman/baby has.

WHO - COVID-19 vaccine tracker and landscape

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You know nothing about our culture.

Stop projecting.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not just your culture, they know nothing about anything that doesn't quite fit their narrative. I think Puzzled2 said it best, if the nation has such a problem that the virus is spreading rapidly why would it take years to reach total saturation? Nothing the person says makes a lick of sense in any thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Story here

No, we have the highest infection rate because they UKGov Covid response has been badly implemented and hard to follow from day 1

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I agree, we are not anti-vaxxers. If anyone would like to take a couple minutes and read this because this is why some feel a hard pass on the vaccine is in order. At a 99%+ survival rate most healthy people would choose risk of getting covid-19 than take a vaccine that is sure to see an article like this in a couple years.
Just replace the drug name in the article with your favorite covid-19 vaccine.
www.foxnews.com...

originally posted by: ATruGod

Again We aren't "anti-vaxxers" We are "anti being experimented on". Just because You fell for the narrative and got jabbed doesn't mean everyone else will fall in line.

Let Me know when the actual "approved" vaccine is available and We can talk again then...Yes then I'll change the goal posts just like has been done with everything having to do with Covid!

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

How is it so slow for a pandemic level, airborne virus to take years to spread around a small island nation that was described as being terrible and pre-vaccination riddled with the infectous virus spreading amongst millions in packed unventilated environments?

the UK had a sky high infection rate BEFORE the vax was even being trialed. The uk has a terrible problem with communicable diseases because it has a densely packed population and is dependent on public transport. Every day 10s of thousands of people travelling in and out of London on jam packed trains for hours with little or ventilation, millions on the underground rail networks too.

Surely with a simple R0 factor of 1 person infects 2 other, by now everyone there should have had it by now.

But no only around 10-12% have been a case - despite a million-ish tests a day
humm so something is not right with your doom prediction, lets look at all deaths

In week 40 2021, no statistically significant excess all-cause mortality by week of death
was observed overall in England through the EuroMOMO algorithm. In the devolved
administrations, no statistically significant excess all-cause mortality for all ages was
observed for Wales and Northern Ireland in week 39. Excess mortality was observed in
Scotland for week 37

In actual fact the graph shows, fewer people are dying than expected currently
All-Caus e Mortality Surveillance
14 October 2021 – Week 41 report (up to week 40 data)

But its ok the Flu is expected to kill 60,000 this year (almost 10x more than normal) and adding the Neurotoxic chemical to the water supply will save their teeth.

60,000 may die of flu due to low immunity caused by lockdown as 35m offered jab
Professor Jonathan Van-Tam urges Brits 'defend yourselves' as flu is back with a war on the seasonal bug to see 35million brits offered a free jab - modelling shows there could be 60,000 winter deaths due to low immunity after lockdowns

If the 10 to 12% figure for infections is correct and we have had c140k deaths the waiting for 'natural herd immunity' would have resulted in hundreds of thousands dead.

Excess mortality is negligible despite rising case numbers, this would seem good evidence of the value of the vaccine.

There hasn't been a lockdown in the UK for months and at no point was going outside prohibited. Why would people immune systems be affected?

edit on 19-10-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If you aren't an anti-vaxxer then this doesn't apply to you.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Stop projecting.

Are you saying that anti-vaxxing is a culture?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The vaccines are approved.

www.nhs.uk...

Types of COVID-19 vaccine
The COVID-19 vaccines currently approved for use in the UK are:

Moderna vaccine
Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

The uk has a terrible problem with communicable diseases because it has a densely packed population and is dependent on public transport. Every day 10s of thousands of people travelling in and out of London on jam packed trains for hours with little or ventilation, millions on the underground rail networks too.
You talk like there aren't places like India that are massively more densely packed than the UK. Are they experiencing this same uptrend? They're not? No they aren't.

And of course I will provide no citations per your constant example.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Stop projecting.

I'm not justifying your strawman with a proper response.

Pound sand.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Since the start of the outbreak approximately 8,500,000 people in the UK are confirmed to have had covid. Resulting in 138,000 deaths. That's a 1.6 percent mortality rate. I'm rounding here so the numbers aren't exact.

The UK has a population of approximately 68,000,000. Which means that 12 percent of the population has been confirmed to have had Covid already. Possibly more given asymptomatic cases but I don't have accurate date on that.

So, 18 months of infection = 12 percent infection rate, and 138,000 deaths.

Estimates vary but being generous you would need 80 percent of the population to have been exposed to Covid in order to reach heard immunity.

80 percent of 68,000,000 is 54,400,000.

54,400,000 people will need to get covid in order to reach herd immunity. 1.6% of them will die

1.6% of 54,400.000 is 870,400.

At the current infection rates, allowing for all kinds of complicated math and some figures that I'm going to need to guess at but if you would like to choose am model that you would like me to use I can throw some numbers at it.

We're talking 3 years for covid to circulate through the population, maybe 4 given that Scotland, wales and Northern Ireland have significant rural populations, and that England has a lot of small towns and villages that don't have a big covid population.

So, 3-4 years to reach herd immunity, which is 80 percent of the population. 1.6 percent of those people will die.

Now, let's be generous. We'll say that infection rates are grossly over estimated, and that the fatality rate is too. So we'll cut those numbers in half and round them down.

Without the Vaccine it will take approximately 3.5 years for the UK to reach herd immunity and 400,000 people will die.

If the UK were to have relied purely on social distancing, hand washing and mask wearing, and were not to have vaxxed, the pandemic would be over by 2024 and 400,000 people would be dead.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Stop projecting.

I'm not justifying your strawman with a proper response.

Pound sand.

You said that didn't understand your culture, but you didn't say what that culture was. UK culture?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

The uk has a terrible problem with communicable diseases because it has a densely packed population and is dependent on public transport. Every day 10s of thousands of people travelling in and out of London on jam packed trains for hours with little or ventilation, millions on the underground rail networks too.
You talk like there aren't places like India that are massively more densely packed than the UK. Are they experiencing this same uptrend? They're not? No they aren't.

And of course I will provide no citations per your constant example.

My sources are in my signature. "See these links before asking me for my sources "

India is experiencing the same problems, it's just not as well documented.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join