It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many have heard of a pill for 500 how about 712 dollars for apill that sells for 12 in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I read someplace that the Average American made less than $35,000 last year basically destroying the middle middle class. The I come across this article saying the newly touted treatment with Merck’s COVID-19 Pill will cost Americans $712 yet only $12 in places like India. Wonder how many pills that includes ? Is it taken daily with coffee, tea, or milk or is a once a week forever kinda pill ? Either way $12 versus 712 sounds rather extreme IMO because I doubt the company is losing money even at $12. But hey get while the getting is good will always be the motto of some corporations I suppose

Merck & Co. is set to receive $712 per treatment course for its COVID-19 antiviral pill from the U.S. government—even as it costs a fraction of that amount to produce and is reportedly on track for a price of $12 in India.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Looks like Indian currency has more purchasing power than American, in your example. Odd things happening with $$.

a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This has been going on for years. The US inadvertently subsidizes medication for the rest of the World. In many countries the Government tells the pharma companies what it will pay. Usually that is in line with the actual cost of manufacture. Then those same companies make up the difference by charging people in the US through the nose for the medication. A lot of this is picked up by insurance companies who negotiate what they pay with the companies. The $712 price is what you would pay if you had NO insurance. Most of the time the price is no where near that. The media loves to toss those numbers around for sensationalism and to slam the "evil big pharma".
edit on 19-10-2021 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
The media loves to toss those numbers around for sensationalism and to slam the "evil big pharma".

It is not my job to subsidize research to help the rest of the world when I benefit zero to subsidize that system, and I actually incur a financial burden if I have to buy the meds for myself, even though the same company gives it to someone else for 1.5% of my cost.

Trump was going on about this, and the news crushed him for it, BEFORE everyone realized the news is owned by the pharma companies. He basically argued that we all should pay the same price. Especially when discussing American companies.

Problem is, these companies suck the maximum amount of dollars they think possible from each country. It is extremely corrupt and obviously wrong, so these same companies send hundreds of lobbyists each to DC with suitcases full of money, and the ethical problems go away.

We have way bigger problems than 99% of people realize. Corporations can do whatever they want in the USA, as long as they pay off our politicians. The problem is the people in charge. The companies are playing the game they signed up to play. The refs are on the take and rigging the game. Its like watching an entire baseball team throw the game, with like 2 guys on the team not in on the secret. It doesn't matter what the good politicians do, its too late.

Wake up sheeple. Either the corrupt get removed, or we accelerate on the path we are on. We will not slow it, we will not significantly change course in any way. If the problem with our gov is not fixed ASAP, we will accelerate into a 3rd world banana republic.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
This has been going on for years. The US inadvertently subsidizes medication for the rest of the World.

I remember a purple Chemo pill that costs $3,500 in the USA in 2008.

In Canada, only the well-connected VIPeople had access to it.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

I agree.
One thing I find funny is how Republicans are always portrayed as being for the "big corporations" when the "big corporations" support Democrats.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I read a similar article adressing the pill itself and similar chemistry can be found in certain foods and supplements in adequate amounts to treat the virus itself to keep it from going covid. But once it goes covid, then you might need something like this medication. It works as an inhibitor of something if I remember right, I have researched so many different chemistries I cannot remember exactly how this medicine works or what viral aspect it targets to do the job.

I'll stick to chicken soup and other natural antiviral chemistries to protect myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

$12 ivermectin, with a new patented, proprietary ,paraffin coating.. its legal

edit on 2021-10-19T22:47:39-05:00pmpp47America/Chicago by cappie because: added 2 words

top topics

join