It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OHSU analysts predict herd immunity impacts by end of year (for Oregon)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I continue to wonder if natural immunity might be the only way out of this global cluster#.

President Trump had the right idea, when he wanted to just protect the high risk and have everyone else go about their business as usual. It's too late for many now that over half of the U.S. is already vaccinated.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

A better comparison is 1889 to 1890 coronavirus pandemic which was OC43 which is also a betacoronavirus.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: marg6043

Every other business that I used to go to is 1.5 to 2 hours away from my house. that is a lot of saved time.

That's one reason why so many businesses have closed. Between loss of customers or loss of employees, it's a new ballgame out there.

On topic, it will be interesting to see if OHSU is correct in their prediction. I personally believe they're wrong but time will tell. I guess at some point the numbers will have to go down as more and more people get the virus and develop natural immunity.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I believe they are right that the hospitalizations will come down a lot. That's the only covid infection related metric that I really care about. We need to be able get people back in for their cancer surgeries and stuff like that. My hospital was at 167% capacity from covid patients at one point.

I wish that I could promise that I will start going to stores again, but I don't really see that happening. I don't miss being out amongst the general public at all. I should add that the cities I am not driving too are having similar problems as Portland.
edit on 20 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join