It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OHSU analysts predict herd immunity impacts by end of year (for Oregon)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Maybe we have some good news on the covid front everybody. Or at least for Oregonians, but it likely applies anywhere with similar or higher vaccination rates. I also don't see why undervaccinated regions won't follow a similar path if their levels of natural immunity are sufficient.

The lead data scientist modeling covid at OSHU said a holiday spike is much less likely this year. The analyst said a surge from a new variant, in Oregon, is unlikely to impact the rest of 2021. For Oregon, hospitalizations could be down to 100 people or less statewide by the end of the year. Although currently, he says 22% of Oregonians are possibly at risk, depending on whether or not they have natural antibodies.

OHSU analysts predict herd immunity impacts by end of year

There's a light at the end of the tunnel in the pandemic, as Oregon Health & Science University's (OHSU) latest COVID-19 modeling shows a significant drop off in cases leading up to the holiday season.

edit on 19 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Finally some good news! Hopefully it stays like that and spreads to other states at least.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Doesn't the vaccine only reduce symptoms? How is there going to be herd immunity for something that doesn't provide immunity to the virus? Genuine question but also kinda just poking holes in the logic of it all. If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission of the virus, and doesn't stop you from getting it, how could it possibly provide immunity.

It's basically like taking tylenol cold and flu to reduce your cold symptoms. It doesn't reduce anyone elses cold symptoms if you take it tho lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MaplePatriot

**sigh** . It says the hospitalizations will be down. Nobody is talking about less infections. Can't you comprehend what you read?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Tell that to Colling Power, he most have been one of the rare cases,

First is been already for a while since the fiasco with the intubation dead, that no longer people have been admitted in hospitals unless they are elderly or compromised, now anybody that test for covid is send home to monitor their own symptoms vaccinated or not, take their medications and only comeback to the emergency room if symptoms do not improve within certain days or if they worsen.

My daughter is an emergency room nurse and this is the commo practice now for months in Florida, this reduce the amount of people admitted to the hospital but the infection rate is still the same.

This only look good for the politicians no the people.
that still gets infected.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

In Oregon, we've only ever really been counting the hospitalizations for the entire time.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And again, IDGAF if you get vaccinated or not. That's why I threw the extra bits about natural immunity in there.

I just thought that less hospitalizations would be a good thing. That's why I posted. Nothing in my OP is encouraging people to get vaccinated.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thinks are going to look very good for many of the states that has been oppressing their population, due to covid, because lets face it, mid term elections is around the corner.

The magic wand of healing will be waved and the beauty of numbers is that they can be played with and manipulated any way you want.

Is all political at this time.

A shame truly.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I fully support ending the mask and vaccine mandates and letting people do what they want. That'll speed things up considerably.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I can only imagine how it is for people in oppressed states, I was in Puerto Rico to bury my mother and is as covid oppressed as any Democrat state in the US.

But I live in a Republican state and I never was oppressed or forced to do anything, I wore mask if i want to and business do not force patrons to do anything.

Soo since the very beginning of the scaremongering of covid, I been free as I has been before covid in my state.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You really think Kate Brownshirt is going to ease up on masks?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The restrictions caused me to make lifestyle changes that improve my life and I will probably never go back to the old ways. I had never fully realized how much I hate going into the grocery store until I started doing grocery pick up for nearly all of my groceries. My impulse buying of groceries is also virtually non-existent now. After hardly eating restaurant food for nearly two years, my cholesterol and A1C have both come down considerably. I save so much time by ordering nearly everything I buy online. I only go into a store whenever I need something right away. Every other business that I used to go to is 1.5 to 2 hours away from my house. that is a lot of saved time. Since last year, the only local businesses that I've been giving money to is my veterinarian and my dog groomer.

And I've had to wear PPE at work since the 90s.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When I typed up the OP, I had put in: "I'd say that this could mean the end of the mask and vaccine mandates, but who am I kidding?" But I took it out for some reason.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately sounds like another red herring story.

Watch what they do, not what they think or say 😎

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's been political since the beginning.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

He had cancer of the blood and that is what killed him , nothing to do with the vaccine or covid

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You sound as if you read a lot, and perhaps research vetted medical reports as much as some of us. I have always encouraged people to read and absorb medical reports; I have had to learn dozens of medical terms in order to fully understand their impact. I find many of the German and British reports to be useful in that they contain very little hyperbole and no politics. A Pandemic should not ever EVER be politicized, but this one surely has.

Your OP references 'herd immunity', which can only be achieved through the "herd" acquiring enough immunity that the disease can not spread. That's it. Nothing complicated. The Pfizer/Moderna solution reduces the effect of the virus upon a person's body, however still allows transmission and spread, and thus, intracellular mutation -- the variants. In particular, the Delta and now R1 variants are effective at more than breakthrough infections, particularly for those six months and more from their initial innoculation.

My OPINION is that we could stand more natural immunity if we want to achieve herd immunity. If that is really the goal. The viral vector vaccines (J&J, AstraZeneca) will probably be more effective in providing actual immunity, in that they confer T-cell immunity, rather than just decreasing the effects of the virus upon the system; they utilize a classic adenovirus vector to introduce the spike proteins to the body, much like the seasonal flu shot and almost every vaccine we've all received all our lives, particularly those in the military.

I truly hope that Oregon leads the way to the good place where every place realizes less deaths, less hospitalizations and a general attenuation of the effects of the virus. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I'm an avid reader. Thanks for noticing. Although, I would much rather be reading about nearly anything other than covid.

We have 22% that are unvaccinated in Oregon. The modeling predicts that they should all have natural antibodies by the end of the year, if they don't already. They are still counting the vaccinated, with the herd immunity, even though the vaccines are leaky. You probably already know, but in case you don't, a leaky vaccine is one where transmission and spread still occur.

2 opinions of mine about the Pfizer/Moderna: The folks on ATS are right that the vaccinated are going to be dependent on those vaccines from here on out. The other is that the leaky vaccines will eventually cause a worse mutation. There may already be one or more out there already. The unpopular part of my opinion, on ATS, is that it is the unvaccinated who could eventually take the brunt of those mutations. The J&J is also leaky. I have not been paying attention to the AZ, because we do not use it here.

My best advice to those who are unvaccinated is to take notice of the least little possible symptom, get tested, and get the Regeneron before it's too late to get it.

I've been trying to keep politics out of everything I post on here about covid, but it's near impossible with how politicized it is.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

In my last post, it should have said "My best advice to high risk, unvaccinated people..."
Everyone else should be just fine.
edit on 20 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Agree with you completely about viral dependency. Incidentally, this is quite refreshing for me to be able to participate in a discussion, rather than an argument. I have never objected to passionate discourse, but of late I am often met with loud, vocal disagreement without citation, and, imo, following a political narrative rather than *gasp* free thinking. So, thank you! Not to imply that other discussions on ATS have been sheepish, only those that I encounter in real time.

Also agree with you about viral escape; this has been well established to my satisfaction, that viruses are spurred into mutating from encountering resistance in a cellular system, but one that also paradoxically allows infection. It's much of why I consider the mRNA vaccines to be dangerous.

I continue to wonder if natural immunity might be the only way out of this global cluster#. It has certainly held true with previous historic pandemics. I guess we will see. I wonder how history will record us. We can look back at the 1917-1921 Spanish Flu (although it wasn't a coronavirus) and see certain parallels between our situation and theirs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join