It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Required" Reading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Dude, you can't even talk about books without interjecting your personal politics.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Justoneman

Dude, you can't even talk about books without interjecting your personal politics.

And you don't? Please, say you love your freedom. That IS all there will ever be to me. I am about personal freedom and non violent people living peacefully. If that is bad to you. Then, that is on you.

edit on 20-10-2021 by Justoneman because: grammar

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
And you don't?

No, I don't. I didn't interject my personal politics.

edit on 20-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

And you don't?

No, I don't. I didn't interject my personal politics.

Yes you do and you are know by attacking a neutral person who is looking like what the media calls conservatives. Actually I am not. I think you are, as am I, an Old school liberal that leans toward anarchy over total gov controls. You may lean toward allowing more controls than I am.

I see the machine up close and personal on occasions and can tell it isn't left or right.

No, it is honestly about good or bad. And both of us call bad that which we believe to be bad. Kudo's to that from you on the many times I do agree with you. We both let the other know about it when we don't agree.

edit on 20-10-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Yes you do...

I made a general statement on the state of the site, my personal politics were not part of that.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I feel like a total dork now.

I'm currently re-reading Preston & Child The Cabinet of Curiosities.

Later I may do some coloring.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Huh, I didn't realize that members' political leanings was the topic of the thread. Well I'll go next.

I align best with the conservative-liberal-rebel party.
(or am I supposed to wait for another member to slap a label on me? I'm a bit lost)

PS: Behind the Green Mask: UN Agenda 21 is quotable in its entirety. I'm reading through it carefully so I can pick the very best to share with you, but a good start is here (p 9):

Communitarianism is the balancing of the individual's rights against those of the community. In the US Constitution we are guaranteed rights that we are born with: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The last right, under the philosophy of John Locke, was 'property.' Property is not just land. YOU are your own property. The execration of slavery was a fundamental element in the original draft of the Declaration of Independence.

So how can you 'balance' individual rights with those of the community? The community has no rights under the US Constitution. Individuals have rights and responsibilities, but the community as a whole---what is that? The collective? Whenever you 'balance' or subsume or subordinate or consensus-ize the individual rights you'll get something different from what we are guaranteed under the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hadn't heard of this, but it looks really interesting! I love creepy reading (thanks to Augustus' recommendations too-the Cthulhu mythos would absolutely appeal to a good portion of the membership, I'm sure).

As for good creepy reading for our ATS community, I'd recommend Marlowe's The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus. (Marlowe was the first to bring the doomed Doctor Faust to the stage; reinvented from earlier legends)
edit on 20-10-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Just one to add, Propaganda by Edward Bernays.

Very good suggestion. I've seen a documentary about him (Century of Self--awesome doc) but haven't read anything I haven't found on the internet.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I hadn't heard of this, but it looks really interesting! I love creepy reading (thanks to Augustus' recommendations too-the Cthulhu mythos would absolutely appeal to a good portion of the membership, I'm sure).

I figured you'd appreciate those.

There's an entire subculture/mythos around the books themselves at this point, it makes for a fascinating read.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Amazing Life Story - Very Inspiring story that is an Australian Classic. I read it about 30 Years ago, and it's still on my all time best reads List. epdf.pub...

This review of A Fortunate Life cannot deliver full justice to this stunning autobiography. One feels it is such an important Australian story that it should be on school reading lists, though children who have never visited outback Australia may not understand the enormity of what Albert B Facey achieved.

Bert Facey (1894–1982) was born in regional Victoria, the youngest of seven children. His father and two brothers went to Kalgoorlie’s gold rush when Bert was only a few months old. His father died soon after from typhoid and his mother left her five young children with her own parents, deserting them. Grandma and the children moved to Kalgoorlie, but his mother had remarried and moved to Perth.

Everyday life was a struggle. At the age of eight, and having never received schooling, Bert went to work as a station hand, isolated from his family and, needing work involving a wage and board, never lived with them for any length of time again.

The majority of the book tells of Bert’s harsh life as an uneducated station hand from the age of eight to 18: livestock grazier, lumber worker, fence digger, boundary rider, drover. He survived stock whip beatings, stampeding cattle, floods and droughts, then enlisted for WWI and survived Gallipoli (though badly wounded). Medically discharged home to Perth, he met and married his adored Evelyn.

The last part of the book covers 60 years of wonderful married life, children and the many farms he and Evelyn bought and improved. To provide for his family during the Depression, he turned his hand to driving Perth trams and trolley cars, farming, raising livestock, sheep shearing and was a union and local government official.

Despite the massive deprivations he suffered, he considered his ‘a fortunate life’, describing it as pre-Evelyn (lonely, solitary) and post-Evelyn, more than just himself.

He was nominated for Australian of the Year in 1981.

edit on 20-10-2021 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It's a good murder mystery.

Excavators building a new skyscraper in New York uncover the scene of a mass murder 130 years ago with a very specific MO.

Now murders are happening again, with the same MO.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Excavators building a new skyscraper in New York uncover the scene of a mass murder 130 years ago with a very specific MO.

I don't like mass murder, not even that time in Vegas when we weren't there and nothing happened with those guys wearing pig masks, but I looked at the plot summary/reviews and this looked interesting so I'll read it.

Not for ideas of course.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't like mass murder, not even that time in Vegas when we weren't there and nothing happened with those guys wearing pig masks, but I looked at the plot summary/reviews and this looked interesting so I'll read it.

Not for ideas of course.

I've never been to Vegas that last time at the Bellagio at our regular suite, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"The Illuminitus Trilogy" by RAW and Robert Shea, should be required reading for anyone that logs into ATS.

Along with the "Cosmic Trigger" trilogy by ..Robert Anton Wilson RIP.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Good call!
I've read his Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy which is awesome.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hi, Rosa Koire’s “Behind the Green Mask” I read in 2012. I just recommended it to someone in town on Monday after my hairdresser mentioned going to city council meetings to protest the annexing of her area to the city. I told her about the Delphi technique. She wrote it down along with Koire’s website democratsagainstunagenda21.
The other items you listed, I have not heard of, but I’ll take a look.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's novel fiction, but Michael Crichton's State of Fear should be read by folks around these parts.

Does a great job of illustrating, using real data, how easy it is to spin people into an unwarranted state of fear and how that unwarranted fear is used to cajole the sheep in a direction desired by a political movement.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I would add "The 5000 Year Leap".
Ronald Reagan said that this book should be required reading for all students and Americans.
I have read Rosa Kories' " Behind the Green Mask" a couple of times. Very interesting reading and how to spot deceptive meetings that you may attend.

edit on 21-10-2021 by Bob350 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2021 by Bob350 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join