It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemics: The Perfect Tool for Killing Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So I was just browsing Reddit and came across this post titled Dying in the Name of Vaccine Freedom which is about a video from NYT with the same title. As I was watching the video I thought to myself propaganda really has reached a new peak... basically they go to a hospital in a county with a low vaccination rate and then interview some people dying of Covid-19. The underlying premise of the video is that individual rights shouldn't apply during a pandemic because allowing people to have free choice will cause more deaths. They portray this picture as if these dumb country hicks are a threat to society because they believe in foolish ideals such as freedom and individual rights.

It's hard to watch the pandemic drag on as Americans refuse the vaccine in the name of freedom.

First of all... just look at the most vaccinated nations in the world such as Israel. They now have over 90% of the population fully vaccinated. So if the vaccines were really going to stop the spread of Covid-19 and end the pandemic, can anyone explain why Israel also has some of the highest case numbers in the world? Or how about this recent news story where they reported Town with 99.7% fully vaccinated adults has highest COVID-19 rate in Ireland. Or how about these scatter charts I created clearly demonstrating that there's a correlation between vaccination rates and case numbers, the correlation being that the most vaccinated countries also have the most cases on average.

They say in this interview that such claims about the vaccine are "hearsay and lies"... no what I just presented is cold hard data. If you can refute it please do, otherwise stop being hypocrites and spreading blatant lies as if they were facts, just because you personally believe they are facts, not because that's what the data says. The left claims to be advocates of science and data, but the truth is they censor or ignore any science that doesn't align with their political beliefs. And then they have the audacity to act like their opponents are the ones politicizing things or creating division. Nearly everything the left does is divisive, nothing more so than forcing people to choose between their livelihood or their most sacred philosophical/religious beliefs.

Do the American values of individual choice have to take priority over public health?

The obvious answer to this question is "it depends on the circumstances". If people were dropping like flies from a deadly virus, and we had a vaccine which clearly worked, you wouldn't need to convince many people it's in everyone's best interest to be vaccinated. I would certainly want to get a vaccine if a virus was going around and killing my friends and family all over the place, especially if I saw a clear benefit to being vaccinated. The question really becomes, how deadly does a virus need to be in order to give up all our freedoms? I would argue that a flu-like virus which is barely worse than a common cold, at least for people under 50 years old, does not represent enough of a threat. In fact I'd argue it's a long way from being deadly enough to warrant throwing all freedom out the window.

What truly concerns me is what will happen in the future if a truly deadly super bug hits the world. We're already willing to give up the most sacred principles upon which western culture was founded, over a virus which is just slightly worse than a common flu. Say goodbye to any semblance of normal life if a worse virus is unleashed into the wild. I say unleashed because that's the most probable way for such a virus to come into existence as we enter an age of advanced bio-engineering and genetic manipulation. This is precisely why it's so dangerous to just hand over all our rights and freedoms without a very solid reason. These propagandists act like any resistance or hesitancy to the vaccine is merely unhinged and dangerous behavior, but what's truly dangerous is their desire to erase freedom.

Political leaders should remember that this country was also founded on the idea that government should protect us. After all, in a pandemic, one persons freedom can be another persons death.

As I recall, the US government was also founded upon the principle of protecting The People from the overreach of government, hence they formed a Republic and not a pure Democracy. I'm pretty sure the founders didn't want a nanny state with the ability to trump all personal choices. I've lived my entire life getting sick and contributing to the spread of viruses, I've more than likely killed some old and/or sick people if you consider everyone I've come into contact with over my life. It's just the nature of reality, but am I really responsible for their death simply because I chose to live my life? Again I think it depends on how deadly the virus is, because if we lock down the planet and it causes more harm than the actual virus, then the greater threat is the consequences of the lock down.

As you might have guessed, the segment ends by saying one of the unvaccinated patients they interviewed died a few days later. He looked reasonably healthy in the interview so there might be some interesting details to that death if anyone wants to dig into it, his name was Christopher Green apparently. Even if his death was 100% the result of Covid-19, it doesn't change anything I said, even if I was on my deathbed dying of Covid-19 it wouldn't change my opinion on this topic. I understand Covid-19 can kill, I'm not at all denying that, but I think the fearmongering is way over the top and doing more harm than good. Reading the comments on that Reddit thread is depressing, they're brainstorming ways to make people more scared of Covid-19... such intellectual hero's.
edit on 18/10/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's hard to watch the pandemic drag on as Americans refuse the vaccine in the name of freedom.

That statement alone says everything about the agenda here.

Do the American values of individual choice have to take priority over public health?

Yes they do. People can choose to stay at home if they're that terrified of a pathogen that only kills the infirm, just like Influenza.

The amount of people that used to brag about their attendance record because they went to work even when they had the flu, nobody was screaming at people to take the flu shot then so why is this one particular jab(mRNA) being pushed in such an authoritarian manner?

Of course we know why but there are so many red flags here, you'd have to be colour blind to miss them.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Free will has always been the bane of enlightened society who believes it's their sovereign duty to tell the common folk what's good and what isn't.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

This video and 99% of the comments in that Reddit thread give a really great insight into how these people can rationalize the absolute destruction of freedom and free choice. Most of them really think they are modern day heroes, that's why pandemics are such a powerful tool for creating totalitarian regimes which monitor and control all aspects of our lives. What I find most disturbing of all is that this video uses the exact same type of arguments used in Chinese propaganda, it's purposely designed so that anyone who disagrees can be painted as a dangerous threat to the common good of society. What's more disturbing is so many people fail to see that, and actually think the pretentious moron in this video is some sort of wise sage.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
peruse reddit covid threads at peril of incredulous rage. the prevailing reddit mindset represents the NPC majority, and their covid philosophy is a disquieting insight into a bleak hive-mind future.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Replace enlightened with elitist and you've hit the nail on the head.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Something else which baffles me is how they seem to think a 100% vaccination rate is the only acceptable number, like only that magic number can solve everything. The following video uses some simulations to examine the science of pandemics and herd immunity. It was published fairly early in 2020 before any vaccine rollouts. It explains why a vaccine should create herd immunity when between 50% to 70% of a population has been vaccinated. Yet we have many nations with well over 70% of their population fully vaccinated, yet have not achieved herd immunity. Once again Israel is a prime example of that fact. There's no scientific reason they shouldn't have achieved herd immunity, unless the vaccine didn't stop the spread of the virus.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's also pretty hilarious how they portray that girl as if she were rebelling and "going against the grain" by being vaccinated... haha man some times I just have to laugh at the nonsense they come up with.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
And for those of you who came here from Reddit to read this thread, just fyi I'm not American and I'm not republican or religious, so stop making your stupid generalizations. Another interesting thing they point out in this video is how 50% of the hospital staff refuse to be vaccinated, which they claim is to due to political rhetoric from those evil politicians who want to safe-guard jobs and give people free choice. Those hospital employees have been working on the front lines since the very start without any vaccine, they know the risks involved better than anyone, they know exactly how bad Covid-19 is and I'm sure many of them have experienced it themselves. They were praised at one point in time as heroes, people would clap for them every day, now you throw them to the curb like worthless trash because they refuse to submit to your politically motivated demands.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Joe Biden's press secretary, Jen Psaki, feels the person you see in the mirror is a fool.

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

The uniformity in their opinions really is quite shocking... even compared to other large social media websites like YouTube, at least the comments on YouTube have more mixed opinions. Looks like all the alternative opinions on Reddit are isolated to r/conspiracy. It's exactly that sort of hive-mind behavior which will transform all western nations into authoritarian hell holes just like China. And those who resist it will be labelled as threats to society, while the hive mind uses petty insults and peer pressure to make their fellow citizens fall in line.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I leave this for your awesome thread.
The time is well worth it.

The children of the father of lies can only be defeated by the truth

top topics

join