It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let's Go Brandon " Phrase now banned in Canada for federal Employees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Anyone seen this?

Number one on i-tunes,

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seedofchucky

Instead of writing, "Let's Go Brandon" in English, just write it out in Canadian, "Leuts Geux Brauden".

But seriously, the censorship is getting out of hand.

It's only a matter of time before it's banned on social media platforms in the states.

HAHAHA I laughed so hard my boss asked what was so funny. The best part is? My boss is listening to this song chant right now in his office.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What the # are you talking about? I haven't heard of this insults existence let alone our federal employees nor being allowed to say it?!? Do you live in this much of a vacuum of like 30-40 commenters?

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Keeping my faith in the younger generation 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Does anyone else see a huge irony in this?

By saying it's 'Let's go, Brandon' (an innocent, good phrase) and not what it actually is (an angry reaction to injustice), they are trying to alter reality.

However, by BANNING said phrase implies that it's something bannable, not something innocent.

Does anyone else see this as ADMISSION that either it's NOT 'Let's go, Brandon' _OR_ that phrase meaning something 'bannable', which takes wind out of the sails of the reporter that tried to alter it?

I mean, no matter how I look at it, it seems incredibly ironic, and because of that, the people that deemed it bannable, incredibly stupid (or basically attacking their own, or or or..)

The point is, the people that banned the phrase, MADE it something "non-innocent" by banning it!

All THAT aside, thinking about natural, organic situations, where someone's name is Brandon, and their co-worker wants to rush them when they're in a hurry, or something. How easily could this phrase be said completely innocently anyway?
edit on 22-10-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"Let's Go Brandon " Phrase now banned in Canada for federal Employees

Alternatives available;

Where is the comma?

I can't believe I have to still talk about this - in 2021, people still don't know enough english to put a darn Oxford Comma to the correct place. Why don't you know that leaving it out changes the meaning? If you want to address 'guys', for example (as so many people seem to want to do for some reason), you have to use the comma, or the meaning changes drastically.

"Come on guys" has a COMPLETELY different meaning than "Come on, guys"

I will leave it as homework to figure out what the difference is, but I guarantee once you realize it, you won't want to use this phrase without the comma ever again.. (unless you're into that sort of thing, and there's nothing wrong with that!)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

But no one "banned" the phrase. That's the point. The Canadian government said "Don't write 'Let's Go Brandon' on government correspondence or use it in your government email signature. That's it.

It seems a completely reasonable thing for the government to say.

But people love to pretend their rights are being infringed upon.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I really don't have much use for grammar nazis.

Might want to come down from that little perch.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: asimkumar

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96