It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people believe the Tesla hype?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Tesla say their new trucks will outperform true diesel trucks.

Though when taken into account the actual cost to extract coal and transport coal pay wages etc, where do Tesla get off?

Though living in Australia I don’t think Tesla will have a chance, due to the tyranny of distance, and lack of charging stations.

Plus in the outback how many diesel mechanics are there compared to a Tesla geek to fix your truck, prime mover.

Plus with just on time delivery for production lines, how many manufactures will let off a Tesla truck cause it is late, with most warehouses, distribution centres. A driver may only have a half hour time slot to deliver, if they are late they go to the back of the que and get fined, for being late.

How many self employed drivers will take this risk?

This is an interesting article, that says it straight about Tesla.

It’s pretty pathetic how over a year the charge of the truck can power 2500 homes for a year....

www.google.com.au...

edit on 18-10-2021 by robsmith because: Adds

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Because people love a good pipe dream.
The weight of just the battery needed will reduce cargo capacity to much lower "less profitable" levels.
Add in the recharge time vs refuel time and it's not even a competition.

Musk is a dreamer but many of his dreams are not going to happen.
Hyperloop....?
How about his rocket ship to take people anywhere in the world in under an hour....?
Mars colony trips for a million people by 2050????

The world needs dreamers but the world also needs a dose of reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with letting him try.

If he can pull it off, cool, good for him.

If not, oh well. It doesn't effect me.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yea, electricity will never replace oil. Just like oil never was able to replace horses, right?

5th Ave. NYC 1900 VS 1913

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I've always been suspicious of the electric car.
Even if they were fantastic I don't believe that they are to replace cars on a one for one basis.
Maybe one in ten.
Limiting the freedom of movement for the everyday people is the intended purpose.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Do we not have airplanes? Do we not have subs? What about jetpacks? The turducken? Matches? This is 1 guy out of 7 billion people. Let him dream, I'm sure there are others that go by your dose of reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I don’t have a Tesla, but I will say this. Don’t be an early adopter with tech.
Let other people shake out the flaws first.

I learned this lesson the hard way with something else.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Yea, electricity will never replace oil. Just like oil never was able to replace horses, right?

5th Ave. NYC 1900 VS 1913

Electricity may never replace oil.
Gasoline and diesel maybe.
The petrochemical needs of the world are not going anywhere any time soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JefeFeesh

Do we not have airplanes? Do we not have subs? What about jetpacks? The turducken? Matches? This is 1 guy out of 7 billion people. Let him dream, I'm sure there are others that go by your dose of reality.

The last line in my post said that the world needs dreamers.
But ever dreamers can't ignore the laws of physics

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Because people love a good pipe dream.
The weight of just the battery needed will reduce cargo capacity to much lower "less profitable" levels.
Add in the recharge time vs refuel time and it's not even a competition.

Musk is a dreamer but many of his dreams are not going to happen.
Hyperloop....?
How about his rocket ship to take people anywhere in the world in under an hour....?
Mars colony trips for a million people by 2050????

But batteries won't be needed.

Once they have enough trucks they will remove batteries and employ Nikolas stolen free electricity through the earth technology on highways and freeways to power these trucks endlessly and driverless just like the remote control boat experiment.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Dreaming of the day we can go back to whale oil, too many of those stupid things washing up on beaches anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Ummm...Sorry...I'd rather go with Elon Musk's dreams...that are being realized...than your realized dose...

The world does indeed need dreamers...what it doesn't need is the shortsighted...grab what you can get and call it...mine...

It's ownership that causes all the problems...

So...here you have the worlds richest man...who divested himself of all his property...lives in a 400 square foot $50,000 dollar mini house...and uses all of his vast resources in an effort to make the world a better place...and give humanity as a whole a better chance...

Then we have the shortsighted...the rest of the worlds billionaires...practicing their...ownership...and hoarding their vast resources and wealth...

I truthfully don't fault you for your innate territorial nature...I merely fault you for not trying to reach beyond it...

SMeffingH...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
Even if they were fantastic I don't believe that they are to replace cars on a one for one basis.
Maybe one in ten.

Prediction: Various States and then the Federal government will ban the purchase of new ICE vehicles at some point leaving only preexisting units.

What you need to know is that behind the scenes major banks like JP Morgan are heavily investing in charging technology and are partnering with national brands to install these on their properties. Then JP gets a portion of the payment scheme processing and also additional revenue on the units use.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Dreaming of the day we can go back to whale oil, too many of those stupid things washing up on beaches anyway.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the bowling ally to see if I can have my job back. I was the best pin setter this side of the Mississippi.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

So your opinion is..... Musk good..

Lol...

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I'm just waiting to hear back from the bowling ally to see if I can have my job back. I was the best pin setter this side of the Mississippi.

If you can't get that let me know, I hear that tell-e-graph thing is making a comeback.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't doubt it at all.
I'm not against progress and everyone wants a better world for their children, grandchildren etc. I'd still like to see more effort going into ways to improve life for everyone now.
Change is a constant, ongoing process and, not to sound selfish, but technology has accelerated in our lifetimes to such a degree that sometimes it seems like we're living in the test phase of an experiment .

Not just energy policy but some changes make me feel like the benefit will not be seen until some far off , mythical future. We are largely irrelevant whether we like it or not.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'd still like to see more effort going into ways to improve life for everyone now.

Technological changes typically benefit the upper class first and then become scalable to a larger portion of the population, this is nothing new and I don't see this changing.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Our defiance of the known laws of physics or understanding of them allows us(mankind) to evolve and realize our dreams, sometimes. Airplanes are a direct correlation to that fact.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
We are largely irrelevant whether we like it or not.

The most accurate statement in the thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join