It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pistol to carbine conversion kits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If you have ever wanted to have a carbine of the same caliber and using the same magazines as your service pistol you might have thought of purchasing a conversion kit for this purpose so you can perform both jobs with one firearm.

If you have shopped around you have seen that most of the offerings out there are pretty problematic in one way or another. I did some searching and found a good youtube video offering the comparison of the various kits out on the market and the author of the video choose the Micro Roni Gen4 and Gen4X.

Micro Roni: www.micro-roni.com...

This system will accept most of your Glock variations and generations.

I like the Gen4X because I like the extra mag in the forward pistol grip. The Glock slides in and locks down in seconds. A first responder can switch from a service pistol to a carbine quickly for when tighter weapon control and the resulting greater accuracy is required like for building entry and clearing. In a tight space, the weapon being slung is advantageous.

The basic unit is about $300 but it fulfills the role pretty well I think.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I was looking at these a few months ago, I think I'm going to get one. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I still have my CX4 .40s

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not impressed by Ronis.

Now my 9mm Mechtech on the other hand...

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Except I opted for 9mm to go with the M9 for magazine and ammo sharing. Have a .45 Cougar but I wasn’t going to combo them as magazines are harder to find.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Won’t say much here, won’t post pix but 300 blackout “pistol” is a little pricey but I find it utility great for vehicle and as a great back packer if you spend time in the woods.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I like the CX4 Storm but it is not a conversion. It does not share the same lower receiver and is its own weapon. This thread is more on the Glock conversions where there are many to choose from but most suck.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

PSA has a few very affordable 300 Blackout pistols in the $600 range but these are stand-alone not conversions of a pistol or in a standard pistol caliber. I share your opinion I think that it is a better carbine round than a standard pistol caliber.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Which is the point of the separate carbine rifle. The better ones replace the slide in a field stripped pistol and take time to convert...but without the pistol inside you have an expensive paperweight in either kit. A separate rifle is ready as needed.

There are some rifles out there that use Glock mags.

Now much like how a 22LR conversion kit works by replacing barrel and slide. You would think there would be interest in long barrel kit with a modified slide to prevent a SBR violation with an added shoulder stock on an “open pistol”

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I like a separate carbine as well. Even in a pistol caliber. This unit does not have a barrel extension like others do. For that reason, you do not get the advantage of a longer barrel for higher accuracy. I still like this unit mainly for CQC where the added range is not that important.

new topics

top topics

join