It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autralia removes obligatory reporting of courrupt public servants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
AUS GOV just snuck a law (passed unanimously a few weeks ago) that BASICALLY PROTECTS CORRUPT POLICE & POLITITIONS by removing the mandatory reporting of misconduct in their (public servants) workforce, I believe it also restricts to powers of the anti-corruption watchdogs here.. 🤦

"Public servants have been told they no longer have a mandatory requirement to report misconduct and maladministration in their workplaces, as new laws that govern South Australia's anti-corruption watchdog come into force."

"The law change — which came into effect today — means Ms Vanstone can only investigate allegations of corruption, not misconduct or maladministration.

While Ms Vanstone declined to comment today, she expressed deep misgivings in the immediate aftermath of the bill's passage, saying the jurisdiction to investigate corruption had been "decimated".

Misconduct and maladministration investigations are now the responsibility of the SA Ombudsman, while the Office for Public Integrity (OPI) has been moved out of the ICAC's jurisdiction.

ICAC can now only investigate matters of suspected corruption reported to it by the OPI, and the definition of corruption has been narrowed."

"Ms Vanstone described the proceedings as "extraordinary".

"South Australia — there's no doubt — has lost what I see as a really well functioning ICAC. The jurisdiction to investigate corruption has been decimated," she said on Friday morning.

"I'm not talking about maladministration or misconduct, I don't mind losing that, that can go to the ombudsman happily…

"It's the corruption jurisdiction that has been decimated and my powers to investigate have been decimated that's what I'm really worried about."

The bill passed the Lower House on Thursday evening, within 24 hours of the first debate in the Upper House, with no MP from any party voting against the changes.

It then went back to the Upper House, where it was unanimously supported again."

This can have no benefit for anyone in the community and will only further blanket the misuse of power by those who adopted the postion of public servants..
Major fail for Australia..

www.abc.net.au...

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 17-10-2021 by AAnonymousEnigma because: extra link

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AAnonymousEnigma

Sounds like El Chapo or President Camacho ruling your country.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
More successful rigging of a dwindling democracy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

looool Presiden Camacho
I reeeally need to watch that movie again!!!
Truly the GOAT in dystopic movies (sorry mad max & the running man)

Honestly from what I can remember our politics really isnt too distant from worlds such as theirs.. I mean we all knew it was coming, just didnt expect to see it come to fruition in my life time..

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If you can even still call it a democracy, I'd like to see this same bill pass in the publics eyes, they snuck this in under covers before anyone even knew it was being considered..
AUSTRALIAS DEMOCRACY HAS BEEN OVERRIDDEN!

top topics

join