It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paski Claims that Federal Law Overrides State Law.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

At Monday’s White House briefing, press secretary Jen Psaki said the actions taken by the governors “fit a familiar pattern that we’ve seen of putting politics ahead public health.”

“Over 700,000 American lives have been lost to COVID-19, including more than 56,000 in Florida and over 68,000 in Texas,” Psaki added. “Every leader should be focused on supporting efforts to save lives and end the pandemic. Why would you be taking steps that prevent the saving of lives, that make it more difficult to save lives across the country, or in any state.”

Psaki also says the health administration rule will override Abbott’s executive order.

We know that federal law overrides state law,” she said. “I would note that earlier when we put out our guidance on the president’s announcement about mandates several weeks ago, it made clear that … requirements are promulgated pursuant to federal law and supersede any contrary state, or local law or ordinance.”

White House on Vaccine Mandates: ‘Federal Law Overrides State Law’

It seems that maybe Psaki has been drinking too much hot sake in her spare time. She is now proclaiming that Federal law overrides state law. She wants to ignore and dismiss the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which clearly states:

Tenth Amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Constitution of the United States Tenth Amendment

Yet Psaki, and the criminal Biden administration want to claim Federal law overrides state laws. This only happens in dictatorial regimes.

This is yet more evidence of how authoritarian and unconstitutional the criminal Biden administration is. They want to deny state rights, and individual rights.

edit on 16-10-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add video, comment and bold excerpt.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well good luck to her the next time she visits a state.
Any state that values their rights should be addressing her and having her tried as a traitor to the nation.

Wonder how she'd handle a short run in prison?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

PSAKI is as "slow" as the man who put her in that position.

The U.S. Supreme Court told President Trump that State Laws can override Federal Laws.

From 2020: www.latimes.com...

Biden graduated in the bottom 10% of his class. Naturally, the people he picked to work for him are not too bright either.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I am confused. Is a mandate a law? Sorry guys I am wide awake and anxious tonight so I am commenting a lot. I know a mandate is legally enforceable but is it actually a law? I searched and here is what I found.....
alldifferences.com...

Mandates are quickly implemented to face a specific situation, limited in time. A law is a long-term rule, voted by the elected representatives, and that often take more time to be created. Both are enforceable by the police, but they respond to different situations.

So is she saying we are going to now have a federal law requiring proof of vaccine or testing to do anything or what? I hope not. That would be really lame since I don't plan on doing any of that.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Wonder how she'd handle a short run in prison?

She'd wear the pants.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The States created the Federal Government... not the other way around.

Remember that.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

I am confused. Is a mandate a law? Sorry guys I am wide awake and anxious tonight so I am commenting a lot. I know a mandate is legally enforceable but is it actually a law? I searched and here is what I found.....
alldifferences.com...

Mandates are quickly implemented to face a specific situation, limited in time. A law is a long-term rule, voted by the elected representatives, and that often take more time to be created. Both are enforceable by the police, but they respond to different situations.

So is she saying we are going to now have a federal law requiring proof of vaccine or testing to do anything or what? I hope not. That would be really lame since I don't plan on doing any of that.

NO
AND THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE INCLUDING FOX NEWS SHOULD TELL THE AMERICAN PUBLIC. IT IS NOT A LAW MADE BY CONGRESS

The mandate can’t overrule any existing state or federal laws. These laws can also be changed by a legislature.
The mandate can’t override the Constitution. All laws and mandates will need to follow the rules established in the Constitution.

edit on 1000000046012021-10-16T23:01:46-05:00014610pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That's what I thought. As usual nobody they put in front of us knows anything.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It should be clear by now that 1st. democrat leaders/anti-Trumpers haven't read the U.S. Constitution. 2. It is also clear that despite them accusing President Trump of wanting to destroy the U.S. Constitution, it is actually the democrats/anti-Trumpers the ones actively destroying the U.S. Constitution and all individual rights as well as state laws which the U.S. government is supposed to protect.

edit on 16-10-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

It isn't but democrat leaders/the far left/anti-Trumpers want to make it that way so that all power is vested in just one branch of government, so they will have forever more total control over the U.S. and it's people.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The States have sovereignty... that's in The Constitution. The States retain the right of "self-determination".... that is Constitutional Law as well...

When it comes to Constitutional Law, the ultimate authority in the Unites States... is the County Sheriff. That is backed up by a Supreme Court ruling.... (Sheriff Mack vs. The United States, if I recall correctly.)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

They could write that law any way they wanted to. I mean not just pertaining to this vaccine but probably any health matter. I keep asking myself whether I am in a fascist dictatorship as they slowly check off all the boxes.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Okay, just a question then...since when do White House Press Secretaries enforce law?

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Okay, just a question then...since when do White House Press Secretaries enforce law?

Her job makes her the voice of The White House.

She is Biden's mouthpiece.

Her word, is policy... just ask CNN.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Federal Law overrides State Law?

Does that apply to sanctuary cities and illegal aliens?

Asking for a Klingon.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Not just the 10th Amendment, but also the 14th Amendment.

AMENDMENT XIV - Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.

Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Under the 14th Amendment, any and all States can ignore the mandate and refuse to enforce it just as the Constitution says. The mandate does not offer equal protection of U.S. Citizens who have natural immunity nor give them the same rights as the vaxxed.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Will FBI storm the Cannabis shops now?
You gotta love the smell of things backfiring on democrats in the morning.
Even martial law can be resisted. There's no limit. FBI hookers can be put to jail. Be ready to escalate

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
Will FBI storm the Cannabis shops now?
You gotta love the smell of things backfiring on democrats in the morning.
Even martial law can be resisted. There's no limit. FBI hookers can be put to jail. Be ready to escalate

Elect good Sheriffs. Make sure they have your rights in mind. They are our last defense....

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   
They are all quit insane!

Won't mandate masks have not the right to do so he said.
Won't force vaccinations he has no right to do so he said.

How many crazed statements have they all made back and forth?

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I believe she is incorrect.

Anyway. It would seem so. This slow-grind dystopia.

But.

Riddle me this Ms. Psaki: Why the federal lawsuits targeting politically-(ahem)-leaning states for certain states rights issues? Wouldn’t you just override the those?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join