It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel culture Strikes again

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Cancel culture schools in Michigan and Seattle strike again by cancelling Halloween and Valentines day. The woke lot says, "each year we have parents of students who are not comfortable with their children participating in Halloween" (OK keep your little darlings from participating simple ).... As far as Valentines day, "it is another day where parties and the exchange of Valentine cards leads to unintended consequences". Give me a break you idiots who pose as leaders !
As far as I am concerned having a Mosque blare come to prayer early in the morning also leads to unintended consequences so lets cancel that crap too as I am not comfortable having a Jihad recruitment camp in the neighborhood ! youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes, indeed. A land of distancing oneself from the innate emotions of life.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I simply cannot express how much these things upset me. Poor kids man, their lives and minds are being stolen from them without them even really knowing what's going on.

I need to stop looking at these things, they don't ever fail to upset me, and there's nothing I can do.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's the left they are cancelling Halloween for. It's my Christian friends and family that don't like the holiday.
edit on 16 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's left they are cancelling Halloween for. It's my Christian friends and family that don't like the holiday.

Yep you may be right as many Christens are against, Halloween, cutting a woman's hair, working on Sunday, and if researched just about anything unless their bible or preacher says it is O.K. At least they have stopped burning witches in the last few hundred years; looks like the Muslims have taken over the bad guy stuff as far as stoning and beheadings ....

So if god fearing christens do not want their kids doing Halloween then tell them it is god's will for them to not participate..let the heathens have the candy and dress up as a ghost or an angel as most religions are based upon the supernatural, spirits, and many other things someone can only imagine to control the flock.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Well good thing nobody is looking up to the Muslims, eh?

Wait, you mean to tell me it's racist to disagree with throwing acid in the faces of women's faces while thinking it's okay for children to dress up and ask strangers for candy?

Well one of those things is wrong, and the other one.... Well it seems weird but if everyone is into it that's fine I guess.

What the hell happened to live and let live? Are personal liberties just not a thing suddenly?
I've got a lot of personal liberties and I don't care who dislikes them, I'll be up on my private property buck nude shooting downhill at you degenerates if you try and stop me from having free thought.
Hope you like blackberries at 1200 fps.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Commies always eliminate any source of unity, pride and tradition before they can fully take over. All of this stuff is just par for the course for the America hating Left.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Or the evangelical right? The hardcore religious are usually the ones tryibg to ban stuff like this. Id be suprised if it was all a group of liberals.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Lansing is the states Capital so no hard core religious types. Just commies that run our state into the ground. the parents are renting halls and the kids will have a whole Halloween day out of school.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Lansing is the states Capital so no hard core religious types. Just commies that run our state into the ground. the parents are renting halls and the kids will have a whole Halloween day out of school.

Good for them !! next thing will be cancel Easter...no hunting eggs (cruelty to eggs) and no religious holiday without equal holidays for....?.... no telling what they will think up !

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The effects of Equity organizations in schools - destroy anything kids enjoy and unite us as a common culture. It's all about division and isolation. The best way to fight back is to send your kids to school on halloween wearing their costume. Celebrate anyway! Screw these scrooges.
edit on 17-10-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: Metallicus

Or the evangelical right? The hardcore religious are usually the ones tryibg to ban stuff like this. Id be suprised if it was all a group of liberals.

Well , as Jim Neighbors would say "Surprise , surprise , surprise" .
Own it .

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Own what? Lol

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lots of officials getting paid and blackmailed to keep doing all this bulls#t 😃

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow two threads about this...Since this is brought up again, I did some more research and schools have been cancelling Halloween for years all over the US. I found an article dating back to 2004. So it's not part of the woke movement. Do some research like you do for ivermectin.

But the general argument from people is if 15% of the students are suffering from the holiday and 85% of the students are having fun, then screw the 15% to hell!!!!

Like wow you really want to work in education with that attitude? Actually it's more of a denial there is no 15% of kids who feel uncomfortable during the holiday. The argument is everyone loves Halloween which is totally stupid. I just made a friend from Africa and they're so unfamiliar with Halloween, they're like, "What is this holiday you celebrate?"

Halloween is defined as a Pagan holiday, but really seems like a Christian holiday looking into the history, and it became popular in the US when a big wave of Irish and Scottish settlers came.

It also requires you to have friends and wilful parents. Most elementary age kids don't go trick or treating by themselves, they're in a group of friends, and have a parent chaperone most times.

The naysayers are in denial about this. That all kids have friends and all kids have wilful parents is an inaccurate claim. If it's not denial, it's really who cares about those kids that don't have friends or wilful parents.

I wonder how much student behavior changes during the month of October. The 15% worried about the upcoming holiday they are forced to participate in, and the 85% who can't focus because they are too excited to dress up, essentially have a non-educational school day and eat tons of sugar.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Are they going to cancel New year's day?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Christians should also be against Xmas. Nothing Christian about xmas. That # is pagan as #.

new topics

top topics

join