It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you agree to a 15 day hotel quarantine for company travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah after that 2 weeks and them asking me for 6 months I ended up at a full resort, almost unlimited food and entertainment budget (got to hit a F1 track for a day of driving), business class, and a budget for souvenirs etc.

Edit: different client and company but spent 6 months in another city, only mon-thur travel, and they put me up in a really nice corporate apartment right next to their headquarters.
edit on 10/16/21 by Hypntick because: additional reply

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

If they want you going the extra mile they need to make it worth your while.

That's how I personally feel; my team aren't the type but I am where I am willing to go a few more miles than others. But I'm feeling this is a bigger ask than normal and my company hasn't proven to me that they understand that ... at least not yet.
edit on 16-10-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   
With the way things are going around the world, there is no way I'd spend that kind of time that far away from home, under those stipulations

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Yeah I would at least try and have that conversation. It's an extenuating circumstance but it's also a good sized ask. If they're not willing to play ball on it there's tons of places hiring now, especially skilled folks like you sound to be. If your company is smart they'll realize that it could turn out poorly for them and hopefully do right by you and your team.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Yeah I would at least try and have that conversation. It's an extenuating circumstance but it's also a good sized ask. If they're not willing to play ball on it there's tons of places hiring now, especially skilled folks like you sound to be. If your company is smart they'll realize that it could turn out poorly for them and hopefully do right by you and your team.

They won't fire us over this; they can't afford too. Not that we're some big shakes, but as you pointed out their are plenty of places looking to hire ... including my company. We are ramping up the work force to deal with the covid back log and can't fill positions fast enough. They won't let three experienced engineers go.

My personal dilemma is I am normally the type to volunteer for the extra work or the job no one else wants to do. It's one of if not my most lucrative skill. And it worked out for me so I'm not complaining. But this would be the first time I would have to tell them flat out "No unless you do something for me first".

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Be a man, book it.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Be a man, book it.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Depends on the hotel and the daily stipend.

Waldorf or St. Regis and some nice omakase.

Also needs to be FC airfare, no steerage.

edit on 17-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd love a 15 day quarantine...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join