It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the most popular president in American history also the most fascist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
okay progressive/liberal/alt-left/democrat whatever you want to call yourselves. I would call myself a conservative but I am really extremely conservative and I do not have a political affiliation because I know it is all just a show but since you have forced your viewpoints into my life and they are affecting my life I need some explanations.

Please explain why the need for liberal fascism to take over America? I mean, you all spent 4 years plus claiming that Trump was a fascist. Let's examine that for a minute. Jonah Goldberg wrote a book i cannot recommend highly enough, titled "Liberal Fascism" the title comes from a speech by H.G. Wells in which he said progressives should become "liberal fascists" and "enlightened Nazis" here is an article about the book: www.aim.org...

“Many modern liberals and leftists act as if they know exactly what fascism is. What’s more, they see it everywhere—except when they look in the mirror,” Goldberg’s book reads. “Indeed, the left wields the term like a cudgel to beat opponents from the square like seditious pamphleteers.”

The side of fascism he attributes to American liberalism is not that associated with the works of George Orwell or the racism and genocide of the Holocaust. It is much less brutal, “smiley-face fascism,” as he puts it. He asserts that liberals hold political principles which are similar to those found in many fascist regimes. They have a desire to form a powerful state which coordinates a society where everybody belongs and everyone is taken care of; where there is faith in the perfectibility of people and the authority of experts; and where everything is political, including health and well-being. Apparently, the Nazis were strong promoters of organic foods and animal rights, fought against large department stores, and promoted antismoking and public health drives.

“The Nazi war on smoking would make Michael Bloomberg’s heart jump,” Goldberg jokingly said.

According to Goldberg, fascism has a long history in American politics, spanning back to Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Goldberg even finds fascist tendencies within the presidencies of John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson and Bill Clinton as each tried to create an “all-caring, all-powerful, all-encompassing” state. His book traces more recent signs of fascist ideology in the economic ideas of Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Al Gore.

So it would seem that fascism is related to government for our own good. The government should tell you what to do. For your own good. We have already seen what Goldberg mentions in this article, how even health and well-being has been politicized by the liberal fascists. They want an all encompassing government, as mentioned.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am darn tired of the fascist liberals destroying our country with their thirst for more and more and more government. On the flip side, these must be popular things because the most popular president in the history of the United States also seems to be fascist. I think the only solution to this is to actually separate America in two, one piece for the fascists and one piece for normal people. Then we could all move on.

Liberals, do you disagree with this assessment of your end goals to have an all encompassing government that dictates your every move?
edit on 16-10-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Convenience is what destroys the souls of the foolish. I wonder if he wrote that in his book. Its 100% true. Just ask any over weight homeless person that sponges off of society's generosity and drifts from sidewalk to sidewalk daily pissing anywhere he/she feels like. Pissing in this case means pissing on the ones that made his/her life too convenient.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

“If there is ever a fascist takeover in America, it will come not in the form of storm troopers kicking down doors but with lawyers and social workers saying. "I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”
― Jonah Goldberg

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Who IS the president of the United States???

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how college stadiums and sportsball stadiums all agree on a simple chant that says directly and to the point of how they feel about Joe- yet those are historically the people on opposite sides of the voting spectrum.

Is this the same thing how the blue haired addams apple bearded screaming women dominate the media where they are less than 1% of the actual population? Do they somehow now dominate the votes too?

The most popular president in history and nobody supports him?

Now as for the fascism... what's up with that?
Why do they insist on doing a crime, then saying their political enemy did that exact crime?
Or doing a nazi thing... and then insisting they're doing it to defeat the nazis?
Or when they work with a communist government to overthrow democracy... then claim the other party was working with the communists to overthrow democracy?
Or throw an entire election... then claim the other party is trying to throw the election?

The broken record is tiresome. Honestly the whole biowarfare they bought and paid for is a change of pace- but now they're just calling anyone who takes an objective look at it a nazi... while they march in step towards trying to open up the showers.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

The one who got the most votes in history. 81 trillion..no wait that's how much he wants to add to the debt. Well. However many billion votes he got. Brandon won...right?

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

That's why I was wondering too, if the silent majority actually exists and how much longer will they stay silent? I do think that often MSM does put the 1% of people opinions on just to create outrage or distraction.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The reason I ask is because I don't know who the Prime minister in the UK is.
or France.... or Australia, New Zealand and on and on....

Leaders should lead.

All I see these days is a bunch of characters FOLLOWING a resilient, sustainable, new normal script on how to build back better.

Every one is reading the words written by another.

Whoever writes that script, there's the fascist. These "leaders" just do as instructed in complete lock-step.It's not the suit talking on TV but the people behind them and I doubt that those people are popular at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Just as soon as the mass populace gets tired of it and stops playing ball is when they'll be at their most dangerous because the bluff will have been and called and then they'll have to put up or shut up, and the left isn't that smart.

And don't look now, but more and more people are simply saying, "No." That's one of the reasons why Southwest is being afflicted with weather that only grounds their airplanes.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

So it would seem that fascism is related to government for our own good. The government should tell you what to do. For your own good.

Yes. Putting the relationship in very simple terms, our government is leveraging their business licensing authority to put our industries in a chokehold. Choose between your ethics and your wallet. We the people consented to this relationship long ago without any consideration for how a pandemic could affect that dynamic, silly us. Now we are resentful that we gave up the "right" to own and operate a public service without being monitored and regulated.

edit on 16-10-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

That is a good observation. I had only really seen Canadian and American leaders speak and they do both use the same terminology a lot. I didn't realize so many other leaders were also. The build back better stuff and sustainability goals come from the UN. There's tons of stuff on their website about it.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That might be the entire problem. People are so quick to act out of fear or whatever other motivation, that they don't stop for a minute and think about the long term, wider effects of what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I was in the country side and the same chant that was been done at the games now comes in posters, I seen a few houses with big posters reading F, biden.

I found that hilarious, no doubt in my mind, American got robbed.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

That is a good observation. I had only really seen Canadian and American leaders speak and they do both use the same terminology a lot. I didn't realize so many other leaders were also. The build back better stuff and sustainability goals come from the UN. There's tons of stuff on their website about it.

You see the same terminology a lot in leadership and in the press.

Rush used to run montages of them basically sounding like broken records whenever a new shift in the narrative occurred. It was often uncanny.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I was in the country side and the same chant that was been done at the games now comes in posters, I seen a few houses with big posters reading F, biden.

I found that hilarious, no doubt in my mind, American got robbed.

I had to drive out to central Kansas to pick my nephew up and saw a large #FJB banner pasted on an overpass.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep they are out there and people are not afraid to have them in their yards, I am very amused about this.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Depends on how you define most popular. If you're referring to Lincoln, then yes, the most popular President is the most fascist.

It's hard to out do the suspension of habeas corpus.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's another good point. Fascism would have arrested a large fraction of these F*** Joe Biden types for their unscrupulous and obnoxious displays of public indecency. I get the sense that Biden is more annoyed than threatened. I suppose a more disciplined and patriotic commander-in-chief would have watched dozens of live news broadcasts on their TV covering the vandalism and destruction of federal property happening across America during the BLM movements and did absolutely nothing about it in spite of their position and authority being such that they could easily have deployed some form of military action to clean house. I know it's not quite the same as pushing a big red button that is bigger and redder than what North Korea has in their possession but it might have given our communities the idea that a president with the cajones to stamp out suburban terrorists is a guy worth keeping in office. Oh well.

edit on 16-10-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The silent majority do exist but they're far too polite and good natured and busy to go against the cult.
They've been convinced that they are an aberration and that their views are not the majority views and are outdated, backward or somehow evil.
They don't like confrontation or being labelled as phobic or "ists" or "isms".
Privately, they are all sick of the loud, volatile and unpleasant gang who are bullying them into compliance. I hope that a tipping point will be reached and they'll realise the numbers involved and tell the petulant children to shut up.

The media is a major part of this but the more people I talk to, the more are expressing their revulsion at the lies. The spell is slowly being broken.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Who IS the president of the United States???

The one that was put in the chair of the Oval Office and NOT THE GENERAL VOTING POPULATION OF AMERICA. I feel most people understand that these days. Oh, and it had nothing to do with voter fraud. As Joey boi said " I don't need your votes " and you know what, he meant it also.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join