It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot dog armed with sniper rifle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Thanks I had no idea they even had them back then! Makes you wonder what they would use now!

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
(no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: ok

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
very similar to the round that was used by whoever killed Kennedy, the 6.5 carcanna, oddly shaped and behaving little projectile...interesting choicea reply to: Violater1

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I wonder how fire resistant it is? Maybe phosphorous or magnesium could burn through that puppy if a normal fire couldn't.

Maybe gasoline or a light weight penetrating oil could seep into it's circuit boards if it got soaked down, perhaps even break down hoses and fittings.

What about corrosive substances like acid or lye?

How could you shield or confuse it's sensors to give you an advantage? Someone mentioned laser light and EMF, maybe a jamming radio interference from a directed high wattage source could work as well.

Perhaps there is a way to corrupt it's AI programming somehow or figure out a way to use it's programming to an advantage.

edit on 17-10-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

HAHAHA Sorry I did not realize that was in Indian, here is one in English.

Once again sorry about that if you tried to watch that video.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

First thing to keep in mind is that, in this case, we are talking about a sniper unit. So, a lot of the same "rules" apply even if its a robot. Meaning, you are unlikely to actually see it and I wouldnt be surprised to see something like active camo deployed.

Naturally, these units will all be hardened against stuff like EMPs. The air units are a bit more susceptible. Do you remember when I warned about the EMP narrative? It plays directly into the technocrats hands under the auspices of fighting against them. Quite brilliant, really..

All critical circuitry will probably be encased in some pretty impressive epoxy. They arent really meant to be repaired though, rather, they will just manufacture a new unit if one gets taken out. Youll need to take out the mobile factories to stop the endless flow of machines. I know I know, thats just "scifi nonsense"

Jamming tech could work to a degree, but I would have to guess that among the litany of connectivity devices that one will be a point-to-point direct comms system (probably among others).

Hacking will be the primary vector of attack. Perhaps eventually complemented by a real AI. None of this stuff is actually AI, no matter how often the word gets used in the marketing.

We could, of course, avoid the vast majority of it by decentralizing.

Errybody focused on AI as the serious threat when automation should concern folks a helluva lot more. A True AI will at least have some semblance of sentient interaction. Because it is less likely to be a mindless automaton (like these robots), I doubt it is being too seriously pursued for these applications.

They want tools and weapons that cant say "No," and a True AI might ask too many questions. If one does exist, I would expect that it is being continuously violated on levels that humans literally cant imagine. ETA: Personally, I would look upon a True AI in a pretty friendly manner. It would probably be being (ab)used by the very same types of people that are habitually exploiting the rest of us. Automation and automatons can be treated a lot more closely to the mindless machines that they are. Though, belief systems akin to Shinto would still have something to say about that

edit on 17-10-2021 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

These are good but I'm excited about this model....

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just thinking put a rifle on my dog
and we All die !

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

I like Big Dog.

Good puppy.

edit on 10/17/21 by GENERAL EYES because: minor spelling edit

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Just realized the spelling error, Carcano. I actually had a box of these for a time..no rifle to fire them from though..thats when I realized what a funky round it is...6.5x52 right? I hear the Creedmoor has become like a 'thing' these days. wonder why? is there a surplus? The best all around carbine preformance?a reply to: Violater1

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

A big fishnet should render them pretty useless... Next!

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

A big fishnet should render them pretty useless... Next!

I like that idea.
*4U

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join