It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot dog armed with sniper rifle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The US military may be getting a dog-like quadruped robot armed with a sniper rifle.
The robot, developed by Ghost Robotics of Philadelphia, is a new version of its Vision series of legged robots.

"Latest lethality 6.5 #creedmoor sniper payload from @SWORDINT. Check out the latest partner payloads @AUSAorg Wash DC. Keeping US and allied #sof #warfighter equipped with the latest innovations," Ghost Robotics tweeted Monday, alongside a photo of the "dog."

"Featuring safe, chamber, clear, and fire capabilities that allows for safe and reliable deployment of the weapon system – providing the operator an ability to load and safe the weapon at a distance. These features also provide the operator the ability to clear malfunctions, and safely unload the platform prior to recovery. Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor allows for precision fire out to 1200m, the SPUR can similarly utilize 7.62×51 NATO cartridge for ammunition availability. Due to its highly capable sensors the SPUR can operate in a magnitude of conditions, both day and night," SWORD International wrote.

We are now on the slope of no return.

What if Gen Milley commanded a battalion of these?

edit on V572021Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 16 Oct 2021 12:57:36 -05001 by Violater1 because: yku6ru

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Guess its bite is worse than its bark.

Woof Woof.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

How would you stop something like this?

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

A robot Cat with a grenade launcher springs to mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

They are expendable and will obey orders without question even when that is to commit atrocity's against there own civilian population.

Soldiers have there oath of allegiance to the US or whatever other oath they may swear in whatever other nation and will hold there officers accountable if they believe there orders are unlawful or if they believe they are being used against there own nation though brainwashing and thought control conditioning do keep most human soldiers in line even then.

But a Robot army is the stuff of nightmares and the dream of every would be tyrant out there, an army that will obey only him and never question his orders.

In small numbers for special operations these things are necessary, to counter other nations with the same technology these are necessary but never let your eye off the ball even for a moment or these will also become your police eventually and so your jailors as those with control over them can then do anything they want even keep hold of power.

AI poses the greatest threat to humanity.

Giving machines weapons and AI and programming them to kill people, always a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I can see myself leering coming out from behind my work shed with my 12 gauge bullpup with tungsten 00 shot and blowing that piece of # sky high.

$100,000 of useless scrap.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bridgebob

I can see myself leering coming out from behind my work shed with my 12 gauge bullpup with tungsten 00 shot and blowing that piece of # sky high.

$100,000 of useless scrap.

I like your style👍🏼
I’m betting mono metal dangerous prey rounds outa the .45-70 should do the trick
edit on 16-10-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Those are much more sophisticated than the one they used at Ruby Ridge. That one looked like a dalek with a sawed off 8 gage in one arm and a telephone in the other. ATF tried to get Weaver to come out on the porch and use the phone in the robots arm to talk to him but he wouldn't stand in front of that 8 gage. They used his "refusal to negotiate" as a reason to escalate the violence. Some choice they gave the guy...

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lasers can sometimes be effective at disabling sensors and cameras.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A swift kick from the side and it can't right itself again.

Cute robot though.

Lose the weapon.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"squirrel"

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Vacuum cleaner.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Know what just tickles me pink?

In a few years we'll see the same thing, but it will be firing three, maybe four rifles at once. they'll all be zero'd to the same target, but different rounds have different ballistics in different environments- so a robot firing four different rounds at the same time at the same target means four times lethality at long range.
Then they'll claim it wasn't my idea!

Or, you know, watch short circuit again.
Operation GotchaLast - a big bomb on a robot that delivers itself, even after M.A.D. has killed us all.

Soon these will be carrying their own flying drones- armed with C4, or frags.

Lethal robotics are horrific. computers are destroying our society, but so far they're not shooting at us.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Exploding Fire hydrant.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The off switch is on its belly. Good luck getting that close, though. Maybe, bring some bacon?

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Where can I read more about the robot at ruby ridge?

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: misterE12

I don't know a source for detailed information on the robot. There are some news articles that mention it and it can be seen in the video footage of the event. Other than that I don't know where to find it.

The cabin sits on red fir stilts that are beginning to teeter. The once-abundant vegetable garden is blighted by weeds. The door with the bullet hole is gone. A cheap pine replacement stands in its place, courtesy of the FBI.

This is the ramshackle house that Randy and Vicki Weaver built out of handcut lumber, plywood and castoff mill ends, the one that the government called a fearsome "mountain stronghold." Three years ago, hundreds of FBI agents and other lawmen had it surrounded, claiming that they were facing the most dangerous fanatics their anti-terrorist teams had ever encountered. Snipers, assault squads, helicopters, armored personnel carriers, even a shotgun-toting robot were dispatched to deal with the threat.

link

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
A swift kick from the side and it can't right itself again.

Cute robot though.

Lose the weapon.

Oh yes it can, find the original Big Dog video from DARPA

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

its called AP rounds,and directed explosives. Oh and a EMP blast from a overloading transformer courtesy of a wrench on top. all viable options. dead fall into acid,or bleach will corrode sensors in minutes. Well made and hidden booby traps work as well,just has to be very hard hitting. from above is best since it can right itself with a kick. Could also run over it with a car.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A more sophisticated version of this, remember though it will have to be a lot more powerful military grade electronics are tough and even this may only stun it for a moment.

It would have to be a lot more powerful though and throw in something with an old fashioned klystron valve and a white noise generator outputting directional EM to scramble it as well.

Add to that as Kingnothing33 points out Laser pointers or more accurately VERY POWERFUL Laser pointers may be able to block any optical sensors if you can see them in the robot and keep the beam on them which being human would likely not be easy or perhaps even not possible to do affectively.

Other than that it has moving mechanical parts, it can be crushed, beaten if you can bet close enough with a handy sledge or shot with a high calibre rifle IF you know were the internal components are located.

If used in swarms these would be lethal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join