It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People believe what they believe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There is often no rhyme or reason as to why people believe what they do!
It matters little how I think or what I feel about any one issue but it makes me Cray Cray to listen to some of the opinions (from what I consider to be idiots) out there!
Fear for the children!

Rant over……..
edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: but

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thoughtful rant PIrate.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Your statement betrays your feelings toward other people with opposing points of view, don't you think? It seems you made it fairly clear how you feel about those with other beliefs IMO. Maybe if you elaborated a little on how you are being treated I can understand better.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Some beliefs people have are just....scientifically wrong. Like saying that gender doesn't exist. From a philosophical standpoint, I get it because I have been into perception vs. reality so I can understand that perception is key. If I call a rose a chrysanthemum, it is now a chrysanthemum in my own mind. So I think a lot of people just create their own reality based on their perception of things. We all kind of create our own reality.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I’ll try to sum it up for you………

“It matters little how I think or what I feel about any one issue.“

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

“It matters little how I think or what I feel about any one issue.“

I only really care about my opinions and what someone else thinks has little or no weight with how I arrive at them. I assume the same of everyone.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
It matters little how I think or what I feel about any one issue but it makes me Cray Cray to listen to some of the opinions (from what I consider to be idiots) out there!
Fear for the children!

Rant over……..

It all comes down to a persons capacity for Fear .

Irrational beliefs are riddled with a back drop of anxiety and Fear , if you have little capacity for Fear you will believe almost anything no matter how little evidence so long as it presents the path of least resistance .

Those who are able to draw there own conclusions with out relying on outside influence to reassure them , those people have the greatest capacity for Fear.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony
If I call a rose a chrysanthemum, it is now a chrysanthemum in my own mind. So I think a lot of people just create their own reality based on their perception of things. We all kind of create our own reality.

2+2=5 or whatever it was from Orwell's 1984. That's the problem. A manipulative media and the complicit hand up it's a$$ is using this unfortunate human trait against society.

Spout nonsense enough times and people will believe it. Those who don't believe it become the enemy.

Cognitive Warfare

Cognitive Warfare causes an insidious challenge. It disrupts the ordinary understandings and
reactions to events in a gradual and subtle way, but with significant harmful effects over time.
Cognitive warfare has universal reach, from the individual to states and multinational organisations. It feeds on the techniques of disinformation and propaganda aimed at psychologically exhausting the receptors of information. Everyone contributes to it, to varying degrees,
consciously or sub consciously and it provides invaluable knowledge on society, especially
open societies, such as those in the West. This knowledge can then be easily weaponised.

edit on 16-10-2021 by igloo because: added thought

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ah, but it does matter to you because you disagree with peoples opinions and think them idiots. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Opinions, here’s one that causes me to rant.

A nursery school here has homosexual men dress up in drag and read nursery rhymes to 2-5 year old children.
People state that they are of the opinion and belief that this is ok, that it helps to round out the growth of these children.
How’s this for an opinion?…… I don’t want my kids or grandkids anywhere near these kind of people and their sick behavior!

Am I of the opinion that these people are idiots? That’s putting it mildly!

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Then there are those of us who think things like that, Pervs being allowed now to mess with kids is all because of demons and prophetic end times coming.

But even then we are all in our own space for instance I do not believe God IS his Son I don't believe Satan tested Jesus (god in others opinion) by offering him to rule the planet he created for instance. To me that is just crazed!

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

To me there is one God and one very different Son, one who was once heavily bodied, was with God as were the Angels as we were being created and came here of his own free will to do what he did. Begotten here by his Father (and ours) of a Woman and giving his perfect human self to pay for the failure of Adam and the loss of perfect humanity which could never be done otherwise. The wages of sin could never be paid but by what was lost a prefect Man.

I can't change the view and they believe very strongly in their view, like all things we will eventually know whos views are correct.
Unfortunately like the Children much harm may be done in the meantime.

There is no answer but to pray to god through his son and wait.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's one thing to have opinions. It's another thing entirely to not be able to explain how or why you have them. That's the part that gets me. So many people don't know why they believe what they do.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's one thing to have opinions. It's another thing entirely to not be able to explain how or why you have them. That's the part that gets me. So many people don't know why they believe what they do.

Why bother to explain anything, when we have Qanon, Alex Jones and Tucker. If you need information, you can look it up on twitter, Gab or MeWe.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
Fear for the children!

Rant over……..

Im not sure I agree that there is often no rhyme or reason...unless you tend to often listen to unintelligent people. Because IMO, most intelligent people absolutely do have a reason to believe what they believe and can back it up quite well.

Intelligent people are also open to hear others and if presented with either facts or well presented and well thought out theories/opinions, might have a change of opinion or be open to entertaining a direction towards change.

Then there are some subjects that yes, there is absolutely no chance of changing one's mind....because they have probably spent enough time doing their own research that caused them to come to a conclusion of whatever their opinion is on the subject.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Why bother to explain anything, when we have Qanon, Alex Jones and Tucker. If you need information, you can look it up on twitter, Gab or MeWe.

Why bother to explain anything when you have CNN? Two can play this game.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Why bother to explain anything when you have CNN? Two can play this game.

Well it's not really a game is it? We're talking about the heart and soul of the Nation, But in the end; big money will reign supreme and control the plebiscite. It's an established pattern.

I hope I live long enough to witness a true American dystopian future like in "The Quiet Earth"
edit on 17-10-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Pirates? Uh huh...

Your post is a bit circular, hard to understand what your point is, other than 'people don't make their decisions based on rational thinking, but some kind of emotional impulse', which lines with what Scott Adams has already said.

I don't agree with it, but I think it's convenient for him to say it.

"People believe what they believe" is like saying "You are what you are" or "It is what it is", it's kind of meaningless, doesn't take a stand.

You failed to realize, though, that there are also people that don't believe.

I have ranted about it so much already, so I won't go into details anymore, but my point has always been that I have so many other, much better alternatives, that I can't see a reason to just 'believe'. Although there's a concept called 'blind faith', even that is actually based on something. I think 'blind faith' is close to 'believing', but even so, 'believing' is even less based on anything. You can 'believe' anything yo uwant, at any time, there's no process or any thought involved. You can decide to start believing your TV is an ancient God, for example. Nothing will stop you.

You can't have faith in just anything, though, it requires a process. Then there are things like 'taking as a possibility', 'researching / studying / examining / investigating'.. there are things like 'having faith', 'leaving things undecided until you have more information', and so on. This must be extremely painful for people of this planet, because almost no one is capable or even willing to 'leave things undecided' - they want desperately to have an opinion about something one way or another, NOW, immediately!

They can't leave things 'hanging' for some reason.

The waters are muddied by the nihilism as well - people are being told there are only these specific ways of obtaining information, knowledge and learning, and nothing more. They close doors to the enormous Universe and its remarkably vast array of different methods, ways, paths and access to knowledge, information and so on.

People on this planet don't know much about humanity (no wonder there are so few humans here, instead of some vile bipedal monsters), intuition, consciouness, sub-conscious, psychology, soul, spirit, meditation, chakras, different planes of existence, frequencies and modulation of them, higher civilizations of other planets, etc... it's no wonder they can't understand just how many ways of knowing something there is in the existence, so they limit themselves to a few, and then, almost as a side-effect, are forced to also adopt this stupid thing called 'believing'.

If you can only know through painstaking, mistake-creating, unsure methods, of course you're going to need some kind of psychological security blanket, and believing is tailor-made for that purpose.

Not only that, look at how many movies, TV shows and other sources of narration and stories keep pumping that word into your skull until you won't even question it anymore. Believe, believe, believe!!.. Even The Matrix constantly babbles about it and these 'rebels' never question it.

You can understand, know, intuit, realize, have spiritual insights, think something through, process, examine, trust.

You can find out, research, learn, investigate, learn, figure out.

You can have faith, take as possibility, leave things hanging until you know more, take a neutral stance and admit you can't know right now, process, test, think logically.

There are so many things you can do, there's never a need to 'believe' - not anyone, not anything. Just free yourself from this childish silly, psychologically easy shortcut that you think gives you something (it does not), that acts as a white cain. Very useful when you're blind, but looks ridiculous when you're not and don't need it. Give it to someone who still needs it, or abandon it on the sidewalk.

Stop falling back on this easy 'solution' that relieves you psychologically from having to go through the stress of examination and research. Stop settling for something easy and go deeper, seek, sniff out the truth, and don't stop until you know the truth, the whole turth and nothing but the truth!

Believing is an ultimate conclusion you never need to (or can) modify, regardless of what's going on. Once you submit yourself to a belief, you can't let go or change it, or at least it's extremely hard, no matter what the facts say or the reality looks like. This is a dangerous path to deeper stupidity. Free yourself TODAY! Stop BELIEVING!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join