It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Cider Vinegar w/ mother??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Anyone else here take apple cider vinegar w/ the mother for therapeutic reasons?

Does it work / help?

Thx

edit on 10/16/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What do you mean ? The mother? I knew a guy many moons ago that drank a bunch of apple cider vinegar cause he thought it would make him pass a urine test and he ended up pooping his pants. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
What do you mean ? The mother? I knew a guy many moons ago that drank a bunch of apple cider vinegar cause he thought it would make him pass a urine test and he ended up pooping his pants. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Mother is the yeast that ferments the juice. That slimy stuff that floats around in a good bottle of ACV.. It has all the goodies in it. You can take some of the mother out of a batch of ACV and start a new batch with it.

I've used it, but I don't know about the benefits for myself, as I'm typically self destructing and everything I throw at my body is negated by my fervent anti-life lifestyle.. :/

Even NAC - N-acetyl cysteine. gives me heartburn, but if it helps provide more glutathione for my liver, I'll take it... Apparently, it's been made illegal in the US, as it's also known for it's benefits against lung issues, hence, can help with covid.. and the big boys want to make it prescription only.. who woulda thunk that !

edit on 16-10-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

i have a bottle... and i've tried it a couple times...

Doesn't actually taste bad at all... but i've never tried a regiment of taking it on a regular basis

Definitely curious as to what others have experienced

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yes Sir.

I began taking it for reflux, I have a hiatus hernia. It really helps, a cap full in glass of water. Shake the vinegar to mix up the mother.

I then made it my only drink. Helped me stay off food, helped digestion.

I get it from Amazon, don't get the cheaper one they sell.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I've done numerous tests on consecutive days with same carbohydrate loads and exercise days and Braggs w/mother cut my blood sugar up to 20 + points if 2 tablespoons taken 1/2 hour before a meal. Type 2 diabetes here.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: calman787
I've done numerous tests on consecutive days with same carbohydrate loads and exercise days and Braggs w/mother cut my blood sugar up to 20 + points if 2 tablespoons taken 1/2 hour before a meal. Type 2 diabetes here.

Braggs, that's the one I have. Though I do, do it wrong. Just a swig. not good for the teeth. Not that mine have any hope of ever getting back to health. ugh, english stock, in Australia, proof it's genetics...

Also, if you're taking bicarb for health reasons, make sure there is a time difference. They counteract each other, same with lemon juice, though I do make my own ant-acid with bicarb and citric acid. Just have to make sure it doesn't clump.

And you don't want to be burping up apple cider vinegar flavoured burps..

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Good stuff. (at least as far as I am concerned) .

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Many people in the South use it. Bragg's is sold everywhere.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I take it once or twice a day. Combined with peppermint oil, it has been very beneficial for me. I have GERD w/ hiatal hernia, and sometimes would get esophageal spasms or intermittent dysphagia. Hiatal hernia part of the stomach goes through the LES and gets past it, allowing stomach contents access to the esophagus and reflux. This can cause esophageal spasms and Barrett’s which can lead to cancers and other fun.

I used to take 40-60 mg of Nexium a day. With peppermint oil and the apple cider vinegar with the mother combined with a really diverse probiotic. I’m at 20 mg daily or every other day and use much less.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It did help me, taking a tablespoon of vinegar in a Glas of water first thing in the morning, to balance my ph and readjust my digestion after a period of unconscious eating habit throwing it off.

Is the mother some sort of mold?
edit on 16-10-2021 by Terpene because: Question

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Only thing I can say from experience is that enticing the body to replace the natural flora with any type of yeast doesn’t really work out, not for me anyway. Using any type of yeast as a remedy for anything only sets me up for much misery.
I wish you well!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Need coffee

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

I also imbibe a lot of kefir and it does help my stomach biome..

we lack a lot of the things we used to take for granted, now everything is mass produced.

fermented things were always part of our diet, till we modernised...

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I drink some for digestion issues. I add a big gob of honey to make it taste better.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Love BRAGG'S AVC just got another big bottle in yesterday, I try and drink a little every day, kills my acid reflux, as well as supposedly balances my blood sugar and PH levels. So many uses as an antiseptic mouthwash it gets rid of mouth ulcers I sometimes get.

But I use it cooking to add a little twang to it, my chili, or wing sauce, even some soups. Salad dressing obviously

Drink it in the morning

Just a couple of tablespoons of ACV lemon juice water and ice is pretty refreshing.

Sometimes I'll add cinnamon, turmeric, and beet powder to it, looks god awful, but it seems to do wonders for my circulation, BP, and blood sugar. All of which have returned to normal levels after being up for about the last 7-8 years

I do want to add I've had my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago, and I am just now feeling like I'm getting back to normal.
edit on 16-10-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
a reply to: PiratesCut

I also imbibe a lot of kefir and it does help my stomach biome..

we lack a lot of the things we used to take for granted, now everything is mass produced.

fermented things were always part of our diet, till we modernised...

I live off of Kimchi and sauerkraut sometimes. John's Super Foods is the best.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Anyone else here take apple cider vinegar w/ the mother for therapeutic reasons?

Does it work / help?

Thx

I do, Every morning about a tablespoon full in some water. I also add summer fruit mixer to make it taste nicer. It's lovely.
I get checked every year because of kidney disease and cholesterol etc and when I drink this regularly my blood fat content is perfect. Didn't drink this for a while last year [too depressed to care] and fat was higher.
So for the past few months I've been drinking it again.
My Mother in law had high cholesterol but couldn't take those horrible statins. I told her to drink apple cider vinegar and next check up she was absolutely fine.

Not only blood fat, but I feel slimmer and my digestion is very good.

If it's not overdone, I can't see it doing any harm.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes, I've used Apple Cider Vinegar w/Mother, for years. I normally take a little more than a Tablespoon full of Apple Cider Vinegar with 6-8 oz of distilled water and a half Tablespoon of Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda).
However, what it sounds like your wanting is to seriously consider Collodial Silver and or Copper. Do some research about both and use your common sense when taking either, but I will take a Tablespoon full of each if I'm sick or getting symptoms (everyone's body is different and may need more or less and so research is important).

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Works wonders for a kidney stone. If you can do it that is, gulp, glass of water repeat

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
That red wine vinegar i had in the cupboard grew a fat ass mother. Thick and slimy on top. Like a fat mother should. Wiggled a bit, like a mother should.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join