It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legends of the Fall - LF2021

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, it's Fall now. The leaves are starting to turn.
There is dried blood on my chin. I can almost see it when I push my eyes as far as I can.

The news was everything now. Everywhere I turned. Around the corner from the bodega, and even outside of the deli. It reminded me of 9/11.
People were standing around looking dazed and panicked at once.

I had blood on my chin, and probably my clothing. And I had to keep moving.

Holy sh!t, I can't believe it happened.

All of them, gone. Just... finished.

The news is now proclaiming that Chinese soldiers, operating under the authority of the Who are currently in every major city. They say the freeways and interstates are shut down.

I ran into Frank's to grab a crappy cup of coffee and supplies. The man yelled at me to put on a mask. I must have been insane at this point, I don't know. I pulled out my gun and pointed it at him. My 'friend', who I see all of the time. F that. It's 'happening'.

"Hey, ok, take it down, Poppy", the man says.
"I need three cartoons of American Spirits, Turquoise", I said.

Back in the Coop. I can see the sprawling mob below me in the street. Bodies are starting to pile up. I can see staggering and dying in the edges of the tear gas and smoke. On CNN, there were blurred out images of decapitated and bullet ridden politicians and pundits.

It was early Autumn. The leaves were turning, and the first chapter of the Anti-Revolution was unfolding. My coffee tasted good. I hunkered down into the sofa and scanned the surroundings. Tons of cans filled with food. Tons of herb. Bottled spring water. Three cartons of smokes.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I liked it.

What kind of gun are you pointing. You could describe it more.
It could be a 45.

I remember when a friend talked to me about 45's. He said "you owe yourself one". As he described it, he said the barrel hole is so big, you could about drop a nickel down it. He went on to say that the slug traveled at subsonic speed, much slower then other calibers, so as, that when it hit you, it would knock off body parts, and throw you to the ground.

He convinced me with the part about owing myself one. I got the $1300.00 Kimber, with radio active tritium glow in the dark sites. Stainless steel, and the smallest concealable 45 available. They told me, with a short barrel like that, its gonna bark when you fire her.
Good story, add more description.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I see more fact than fiction in your story. Like we are headed for Red Dawn.
S&F

new topics

join