It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX Senate passes bill requiring students to play on sports teams corresponding with biological sex

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: lordcomac

Good for you and Texas. How many people have died from this issue again? I miss that part of your post.

Now that the most terrible problems of their time is resolved… can they legislate something to prevent people from dying from simple stuff that shouldn’t be killing people in year 2021?

because other states, especially democrat states have done so muck to fix those same problems? i mean places like Illinois have done so much and so well ending all the people killing people with guns, especially when it comes to criminal gangs as an example. or ending California's major and growing homeless problem?

and face it, this could very well save lives. such as from suicide as females are completely dominated by males, in female sports. and taking away their chances to better themselves, by taking away all the female sports scholarships and such.

fact is this is the right thing to do. the one problem i see is that it says "that correspond with the biological sex listed on their birth certificate." since as many know, in many places they not only let people change their sex on their birth certificates, but now also allow parents to choose the sex on said birth certificates, or even choose to have no sex listed. it would be far better stated in law. "that corresponds to the biological sex, that DNA confirms".

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

a reply to: Elton
Texas… the state leading the nation is resolving non existing problems while real people pay with their lives because of real existing problems.

Hopefully they find time to fix their infrastructure so people don’t have to die during freezing temperatures or heat season.

I think Texas is still ahead of California who, amidst the worst homeless crisis in the country, turned their legislative focus toward banning plastic straws to save the planet.

And, men pretending to be women and competing in women's sports IS a problem. Well, not in Texas...

There are some pretty incompetent ran leftist states. California ranks #1 in my book. Texas is basically the same… feeding their conservative bloc red meat issues (abortion, voting, lbqt) hoping voters don’t realize how poor the state is ran.

This is not a right or left issue, their are plenty of red states and blue states that are ran efficiently… Texas isn’t one of them.

edit on 16-10-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Oh wow you got me with Cali and Illinois.

Guess what? Lived in both and they suck and they should get their act together.

Im not a sheep that because is Dems is good or GOP is bad. This Texas legislation is a NON issue, and if you believe it is you are the type of voter politicians wants. Gullible, sheepish that they can entertain with empty issues like these without having to actually work to improve lives for their citizens.

I’ll offer you one better… why at the same time they deal with this non issue they didn’t pass something to address real issues regarding their infrastructure? Or should we wait until more people did this year or next year?

edit on 16-10-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Texas… the state leading the nation is resolving non existing problems while real people pay with their lives because of real existing problems.

Hopefully they find time to fix their infrastructure so people don’t have to die during freezing temperatures or heat season.

I think Texas is still ahead of California who, amidst the worst homeless crisis in the country, turned their legislative focus toward banning plastic straws to save the planet.

And, men pretending to be women and competing in women's sports IS a problem. Well, not in Texas...

Their are some pretty incompetent ran leftist states. California ranks #1 in my book. Texas is basically the same… feeding their conservative bloc red meat issues (abortion, voting, lbqt) hoping voters don’t realize how poor the state is ran.

This is not a right or left issue, their are plenty of red states and blue states that are ran efficiently… Texas isn’t one of them.

I can agree that just being a red state does not mean everything is fine and dandy. But, I think Texas is nearer the top than the bottom. I spend a good part of my year in Texas and am considering moving there. The only thing stopping me at this point is the constant californication of Texas that is threatening the viability of the state. As more and more liberals move to Texas because it is thriving the more they invade the local politics and invariably begin to enact the same failed policies that destroyed whatever blue state they just fled from.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Oh wow you got me with Cali and Illinois.

Guess what? Lived in both and they suck and they should get their act together.

Im not a sheep that because is Dems is good or GOP is bad. This Texas legislation is a NON issue, and if you believe it is you are the type of voter politicians wants. Gullible, sheepish that they can entertain with empty issues like these without having to actually work to improve lives for their citizens.

I’ll offer you one better… why at the same time they deal with this non issue they didn’t pass something to address real issues regarding their infrastructure? Or should we wait until more people did this year or next year?

the fact is, this is no non issue at all. and unlike infrastructure, which is badly needed in pretty much every state, it doesn't actually cost money. and guess what, states are not only able to deal with one thing at a time. in fact every state, just like the federal government are normally working on many things at once. the bad part is, unlike with this important piece of business, a good chunk of all those things they work on, also cost a lot of the limited money they have access to. so the fact that other states haven't worked to deal with this issue shows how poorly they are run in comparison.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I don't agree with the texas taliban on a lot of things but they have got this right.

It's clearly a massive advantage competing against women if you were born a male.

Texas Taliban? How about ‘fellow Americans’. I like the sound of that better.
Texas Taliban sounds like traitor talk.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Please don’t give me “limited money”…just don’t. Not on a state that the Governor constantly boasts about his state being the 10th largest economy in the world if it was its own separate country.

They have the money they just don’t use it on thing that actually improve the life of people.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This is how it should be everywhere. A man, who turns into a woman, playing sports against women is unfair.

It honestly doesn't bother me that a small minority of men want to be women and women want to be men. I also don't care if people are gay, lesbian, bi, etc... But I expect them to leave me alone about it. I'm not the least bit interested in someone's sexuality and it's aggravating when someone puts their sexuality in my face.

A related question: Let's say I start dating a woman that was a man and that leads to intimacy. Am I just supposed to be alright with it when I do find out that they are really a man? I'd just buy one of those realistic looking sex dolls if I wanted some fake vagina. That'd be a lot less creepier after the fact than "What??? You're a man??? This is only an issue because it is getting harder and harder to tell when someone has had a sex change.
edit on 16 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Lol. Misogynistic men do not always have any advantage over women. I present Larry Hubbard the MAN who tried to compete against women weightlifters at the Olympics. Total failure. He was too weak to lift the weight the women easily hoisted. He was a failure competing against other men so in his misogynistic mind assumed that if he became a "woman" he would crush the competition. Total. Hilarious. Fail. And I mean FAIL. He could not even lift the weight at all. Totally shaky.

edit on 16-10-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So it is totally not an issue to you that young girls who spend their whole lives and high school careers honing their skills in a sport lose many opportunities, like athletic scholarships, professional sports opportunities and the ability to set their own world records because we have to be fair to snowflake men who can't handle losing because they aren't as good as other men and feel like they can just become a "woman" and win? And alt left crazies want to talk about patriarchy? Ha!

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Is it possible to not have a biological sex?

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Now that the most terrible problems of their time is resolved… can they legislate something to prevent people from dying from simple stuff that shouldn’t be killing people in year 2021

Like the Vaccine? Yeah they took care of Brandons mandates there too.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

Thanks for the video. I have always wanted to see a NFL team play an AFL team in Aussie rules. I have a feeling the NFL boys would lose dearly. Like what you said they are warriors, the new gladiators.

Keeping the gender specific terms only makes sense. Imagine an "empowered" F to M team playing an all biologically male team in the NFL (helmets and such.) It would not be very nice for the "empowered" team. Possibly coma, severe physical and/or brain injury (which has been an issue whithin the hard hitting sports,) death, or all of the above.

Im no expert in sports but there have been many examples of this woke bullsnip popping up within sports. A couple of instances come to mind, the mma "fighter" that obliterated HIS opponent (female.) Or the track runners that identify as female blowing their opponents out of the water.

If "they" want "equality" "they" should hash it out on their own field. I might actually take up an interest in sports if that happened because I would find it hilarious.

ETA: People need to acknowledge the territory.
edit on 10/17/2021 by Tundra because: Words

edit on 10/17/2021 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

One of the girls I went to high school was a kicker on the football team. This bill would ban her from playing football.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Name one trans person who has won a medal at the Olympics!

Are their any trans- folks playing in the WNBA, LPGA, pro tennis, ect?

Your claim is absolutely bs. It is based on ignorance and is a backwards way to discriminate against people who are trans.

Unfortunately this bill was passed in Texas, a state that is known for poor education standards in their public schools. It is a knee jerk reaction to an issue that is non-existent, essentially a distraction from their failing education department.
edit on 17-10-2021 by jrod because: G

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   

a reply to: lordcomac

Good for you and Texas. How many people have died from this issue again? I miss that part of your post.

Now that the most terrible problems of their time is resolved… can they legislate something to prevent people from dying from simple stuff that shouldn’t be killing people in year 2021?

Thousands of women have been murdered (and raped and otherwise assaulted) by men with gender identities. In the UK, men who pretend they're women are four times more likely to commit murder than to be victims of it. In the US, men who pretend to be women are the least frequent victims of murder of all protected groups under hate crime qualifications, per the FBI.

Autogynephilia is a dangerous psychosexual disorder found in 89% of all convicted sex offenders.

www.womenarehuman.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DashVol

Your are claiming that folks that identify as trans are more like to rape and murder?

You are literally trying to promote hate against folk by claiming this, and your link does not prove what you wrote, it is cherry picking violent crimes in order to fit an agenda, that being hate and fear against transgender people.

You got it completely backwards, trans people are much more likely to be a victim of a violent crime, especially rape and murder.
edit on 17-10-2021 by jrod because: G

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

One of the girls I went to high school was a kicker on the football team. This bill would ban her from playing football.

Hopefully she will get better when the NFL recruits her.

The point of the thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: DashVol

Your are claiming that folks that identify as trans are more like to rape and murder?

You are literally trying to promote hate against folk by claiming this, and your link does not prove what you wrote, it is cherry picking violent crimes in order to fit an agenda, that being hate and fear against transgender people.

You got it completely backwards, trans people are much more likely to be a victim of a violent crime, especially rape and murder.

Then they should probably seek help for their mental disorder.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Chalcedony

Name one trans person who has won a medal at the Olympics!

"Kayitlyn Genner"
That is my only guess.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join