It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX Senate passes bill requiring students to play on sports teams corresponding with biological sex

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Article

The Texas Senate passed legislation Friday that requires students to compete on school sports teams that correspond with the biological sex listed on their birth certificate.

House Bill 25, which passed the Texas House of Representatives by a vote of 76-54 on Thursday, was introduced by Republican state Rep. Valoree Swanson and heads next to Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's desk.

I support people to look and feel and express and be themselves. That said, I also support this bill. Girls track sports have shown that born biological men have an advantage.

edit on 15-10-2021 by Elton because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

What is this?

Reason and common sense? Is it possible?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Cheaters going to cheat. I despise cheaters with a passion.

About time for sanity with a level playing field to return.

P

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

What is this?

Let's hope it spreads faster than the advertised efficacy of the covid virus ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/16.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Great News - Now let's take it a step further. Stop softening up the game.

Let Men be Men - They are paid Big Money to be Warriors.

I Wanna See War on the Field.
I Wanna see Fights.
I wanna see Blood.

All from the comfort of my Super Soft lounge chair, while eating a big bag of Chips and drinking my Super Size Coke.

edit on 16-10-2021 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Texas… the state leading the nation is resolving non existing problems while real people pay with their lives because of real existing problems.

Hopefully they find time to fix their infrastructure so people don’t have to die during freezing temperatures or heat season.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Fixing problems that weren't real, until the propaganda arm of the Obama administration decided that men should be allowed to compete in women's sports.
Which, of course, they did.
And dominated.

Defeating the purpose of a women's league entirely.

If you don't want a women's league, just funny have one and let women compete on the same field as men.
Women worked hard to get their own league to compete in. Now men are dominating it by claiming to be women.

This might as well be a Twilight zone episode... And Texas passing laws to go back to how it was is just another scene in the episode.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Good for you and Texas. How many people have died from this issue again? I miss that part of your post.

Now that the most terrible problems of their time is resolved… can they legislate something to prevent people from dying from simple stuff that shouldn’t be killing people in year 2021?

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The fact this needs to be a law tells you how far America has fell recently as the "Greatest" nation on Earth. Sad.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Im surprised Obama didnt play on a girls team

DNC puts out turd non stop

And they are proud of their turd
edit on 16-10-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

What is this?

And in Texas too, no less. I wouldn't have thought it.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: lordcomac

Good for you and Texas. How many people have died from this issue again? I miss that part of your post.

Now that the most terrible problems of their time is resolved… can they legislate something to prevent people from dying from simple stuff that shouldn’t be killing people in year 2021?

Oh? Struck a nerve?

How about, sticking to the topic? Lol, seriously, this is about commom sense legislation, not about our one power issue that no one thinks about, but you.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So there are normal, critical thinking people still left in society? Niiiice!

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I don't agree with the texas taliban on a lot of things but they have got this right.

It's clearly a massive advantage competing against women if you were born a male.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ok that's it...

I'm officially moving to TEXAS!!!

Truly seems like the last forefront in America...

Seem like the only place that even still resembles the way America used to look...

Seems like it's the only place that should even be able to be called America...

Isn't Texas the place that wanted to secede from the USA? Lol

They should be able to secede and call themselves America...
And the rest of "America" could be called the
The Soviet CCP Union District's Of Columbia

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Just exactly like the government wants you. You are exactly that they want… a sheep that gets easily triggered by non issues, you eat up all this sleight of hand BS legislation while not noticing that your local government is incompetent that can’t run basic government stuff.

You are right where they want you.. congrats!!

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
Texas… the state leading the nation is resolving non existing problems while real people pay with their lives because of real existing problems.

Hopefully they find time to fix their infrastructure so people don’t have to die during freezing temperatures or heat season.

I think Texas is still ahead of California who, amidst the worst homeless crisis in the country, turned their legislative focus toward banning plastic straws to save the planet.

And, men pretending to be women and competing in women's sports IS a problem. Well, not in Texas...
edit on 16-10-2021 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have a feeling this is going to be slapped down in the courts pretty quickly as it violates Title IX.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Like abortions? They already did that.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yeeehaaaww ya’ll, winning again!

It’s going to get crowded in here pretty quick. It’s time to put Operation Piñata into action and get a whole lot more beach front property to the south.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join