It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC elementary school teacher arrested after student picks marijuana edibles from reward box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Fox Article

A South Carolina elementary school teacher was arrested after a student picked up a pack of marijuana edibles, which are illegal in the state, out of a reward box in her classroom, police said.

Victoria Farish Weiss, 27, faces possession of a Schedule I drug charge. She turned herself into authorities Friday, the Lexington County Sheriff's Department said.
Lexington School District One officials told WIS-TV that as of Thursday, the teacher was no longer employed by the district.

Per the article, she told the kid to pick a different reward and no kids ingested any marijuana edibles. Great decision making skills.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

That’s messed up. Glad the kids didn’t end up taking them.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I thought marijuana was legal now? At least States are getting tax money from it, so it must moral. But, if it's legal and moral, why tell kids you can't have it because it's bad, and why fire teachers if it's legal? Is it legal or not?

I knew legalizing drugs would have dire consequences. Consequences such as what I just pointed out.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
At least States are getting tax money from it, so it must moral.

They get tax money from booze, cigarettes and the lottery now, so those who have easily offended morals have even more things to get outraged over.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

the question is, did she put them there?. and this extremely important question should have been proven, before they fired her. as such if she did not, and seeing how she stopped the kid from eating them, makes it likely she did not, i hope she both nails them for wrongful dismissal, and at least the school for libel for a few million.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape

That’s messed up. Glad the kids didn’t end up taking them.

The democrats are allowing this.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Lol at the title. Because I sure remember picking out candy in school on some Fridays

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
Marijuana edibles are illegal in South Carolina (where the incident took place.)

a reply to: generik
The article does not state that she put the edibles in the box, but it is implied by this (from article):

When authorities searched Weiss' home the next day, they found packs of edibles similar to the ones seen in her classroom, police said.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Dang, when I was in grade school back in the 90's all I got were some crappy bubble gum pops or flavored tootsie rolls, banana taffy if I was lucky.

These kids get edibles nowadays? Can I still attend school in my mid-thirties?

edit on 16-10-2021 by RussianSpy because: Autocorrect

new topics

top topics

join