It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conservative MP Has Been Stabbed While Attending A Constituency Surgery At A Church In Essex.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Somewhat of a different context eh?

They people are as disturbed and shocked by the depraved actions of that lunatic just as much as anyone else.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
That's the Crown Prosecution service officially charged Ali Harbi Ali with the murder of MP Sir David Amess and preparing terrorist acts.

www.dorsetecho.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
news there on glasgow live someone has been stabbed outside glasgow central station, full forensic team on the site and multiple police units ont the scene whole area is cordoned off.

I mean this happens a lot in Glasgow , but its when it makes the news it seems more important , like if they are mortally wounded or someone of relative importance somehow

poor bastard whoever they are , hope they are ok
edit on 21-10-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Weeding out the radical Islamists from the rest might be rather a complicated task all the same considering people of the Muslim persuasion comprises 15% of the entire population of the island.

Just catching up on this thread - bloody work, life was so much better when I was a man of leisure.

Don't want to appear pedantic mate but recent estimates put the Muslim population of the UK round about 4.9% of the total population.

They certainly have a say and influence that far outdoes their numbers....but that's a different discussion altogether.

We keep on hearing that Islam is the 'religion of peace'; its time they started REALLY slaying the wolf in their fold.
I know some Muslims are very active in eliminating the extremists, but percentage wise?
It doesn't help that one of the most basic and important teachings of the Islamic religion - of most denominations - is that they MUST not inform on other Muslims to kafirs.
Far too many Muslims simply turn a blind eye to the extremists then claim 'I didn't know' when it comes out they are actively involved in terrorist activities.
That has to stop.

And probably more importantly we need to stem the funding coming from extremist sources outside the UK - predominantly Saudi Wahhabi's - into mosques throughout the UK that spread these extreme brands of Islam.

But of course that would mean upsetting our valued Saudi allies.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Weeding out the radical Islamists from the rest might be rather a complicated task all the same considering people of the Muslim persuasion comprises 15% of the entire population of the island.

Just catching up on this thread - bloody work, life was so much better when I was a man of leisure.

Don't want to appear pedantic mate but recent estimates put the Muslim population of the UK round about 4.9% of the total population.

They certainly have a say and influence that far outdoes their numbers....but that's a different discussion altogether.

We keep on hearing that Islam is the 'religion of peace'; its time they started REALLY slaying the wolf in their fold.
I know some Muslims are very active in eliminating the extremists, but percentage wise?
It doesn't help that one of the most basic and important teachings of the Islamic religion - of most denominations - is that they MUST not inform on other Muslims to kafirs.
Far too many Muslims simply turn a blind eye to the extremists then claim 'I didn't know' when it comes out they are actively involved in terrorist activities.
That has to stop.

And probably more importantly we need to stem the funding coming from extremist sources outside the UK - predominantly Saudi Wahhabi's - into mosques throughout the UK that spread these extreme brands of Islam.

But of course that would mean upsetting our valued Saudi allies.

Ah yes, those valued allies who were responsible for 9/11.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Exactly mate.

And who have been the source of funding for nearly every single extremist Mosque that has been found to be spreading this evil by inciting and/or inspiring terrorism.

edit on 21/10/21 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Aye about 4.9%, dont know how i got 15%.

My bad there.

4% of 67.22 million is still a crap load of people to start sifting through looking for terrorists all the same.

Anybody that's actively involved in terrorism, funding terrorism, in anyway whatsoever, or that enables these people should be held to account.

As to Saudi allies, well they cant lose those accounts, half of "The City" would crap a brick, and weapons manufacturers would take rather a large hit considering our exports.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Another one in Rutherglen this morning, well mid-day.

The 51-year-old is in a critical condition in hospital.

18-year-old boy arrested and in custody.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...
edit on 21-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'll take a note.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Easy mistake mate.....nowhere near on the scale of some of the 'errors' I've posted over the years!🤣

Yes, its still a hell of a lot of people.
Approximately 3,400.000.
Say 1% have been radicalised....that's 34,000 potential terrorists.
That's a staggering amount.

There's no way any of our political parties will take the necessary steps to cut off the funding coming from Saudi Arabia.
As you intimated, 'we' are in far too deep with them.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Funny how this Thread has digressed and is now all about extremism.

What about how this killing is being used to further restrict the freedoms of ordinary Brits?

"David's Law" is now being mooted and all the usual mainstream outlets are pushing for an end to internet anonymity. Despite the fact there is no evidence the killer posted anything anonymously online.

UK gov, who to date, have been completely toothless in getting international megatechcorp to pay their taxes now think they have the power to have them comply with ever more censorship.

The Ministry of Truth will keep us all safe.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

What, like it was never about extremism until now?

Like, Mr Stabby was never a radicalised Islamist nut job?

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I get what you are saying teapot and i dont wish to see them use this as an excuse to take away any of our freedom nether but there is no true online anonymity.

Anybody or government agencies with the means and resource at there disposal can find out everything you have said and done online.

GCHQ store everything we say and do online for at least six months here in the UK.
edit on 22-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Funny how this Thread has digressed and is now all about extremism.

Digressed?
Its always been about extremism for the simple reason it was a Muslim extremist who murdered the guy!

As for the government using this murder as an excuse to introduce more draconian legislation, I think you'll find that many people have raised that issue.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Very good discussion on the problems your all talking about. From Someone who has experienced both sides

0:00 - 02:09- Introduction
02:09 - 03:08 - ‘Let’s just live with Islamist terrorism’
03:08 - 05:10 - The ‘lone wolf’ idea
05:10 - 08:06 - Prevent
08:06 - 09:48 - What’s the animating idea?
09:48 - 16:43 - Community
16:43- 20:31 - Wider culture
20:31 - 22:44 - Zemmour
22:44 - 25:25 - Why is it attractive to be in the UK
25:25 - 30:00 - The generational question
29:50 - 33:58 - Is there hope?
33:48 - 34:27 - Conclusion

25:25 - 30:00 - The generational question
The CRT are teaching the second generations immigrants their parents have had to run from the homeland because of the white society.
29:50 - 33:58 - Is there hope?
She faces the question of the Islamic utopia by asking what happens to women & gays in it -- if that is utopia then it is wrong and kids have to be told and taught.

edit on 28-10-2021 by puzzled2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Sir David Amess: Ali Harbi Ali pleads not guilty to murdering MP

Ali Harbi Ali, 25, from Kentish Town, north London, appeared at the Old Bailey to deny murdering the Conservative politician on 15 October

if this suspect is found guilty I hope his sentence is adjusted accordingly for lying in court

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Not guilty? My arse......

Guilty until proven even more guilty, as my colleague says....

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join