It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conservative MP Has Been Stabbed While Attending A Constituency Surgery At A Church In Essex.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Apparently "Paramedics tried for two hours to save the 69-year-old father-of-five, but he died of his injuries."

Need to stabilise him before moving him and they may not have been able to do that down to the nature or placement of the wounds.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: butcherguy

Apparently "Paramedics tried for two hours to save the 69-year-old father-of-five, but he died of his injuries."

Need to stabilise him before moving him and they may not have been able to do that down to the nature or placement of the wounds.

Yes, who knows what damage the attacker may have done. Terrible thing. Imagine the stress on the paramedics dealing with something like that.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Didn't like his politics.....but no-one deserves to die like that.
The man had family.

Lets hope your family never have to deal with similar circumstances.....or if they do people show them a little bit more compassion than you can muster.

There is more I could say but now's not the time, I think everyone deserves a little bit of respect in situations like this.

You however have lost what little respect you had left on this site with your callous and needless reaction.

edit on 15/10/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Another lunatic.
No need for this at all.
I detest the tories,but this is disgusting.
BBC just been saying the Stabbed MP did lots of work to help refugees-That may point to a far right attacker,but that is only speculation on my part.

And already the BBC are interviewing other politicians who are saying "we may need to change the laws to make everyone safe."

Maybe they could just enforce the laws we have already,and keep dangerous mental patients locked up in hospital instead of out on the streets carrying knives(which are banned already).

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

From what I know and have read about the man he seemed to actually believe what he was doing was right and in people's best interests.
I didn't agree with a lot of his politics but I don't think he was amongst the most nefarious of MP's, there's certainly plenty who are more self-serving etc.

His death is inexcusable and there can be no justification at all for it.

But this can not be used as an excuse to introduce more draconian measures or allow MP's to retreat even further from the people they are elected to represent.

And the only other thing I'd like to touch on is the sad reality that unfortunately people are being stabbed to death in increasing numbers in the UK.....but without the outcry that is going to happen as a result of this horrific killing.
Why?
Because most of those victims are poor, working class people.

Now's not really the time for those discussions and debates......but they really need to happen at some point soon.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

To the morgue.... Where he died from covid, for sure!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Uh Oh, better confiscate everyone's steak knives.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Everyone has someone who loves them and will grieve. For the sake of those people, I have a hard time celebrating any deaths. Besides, death has touched too many people I care about these last couple of months for me to speak so harshly of the dead.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

If it turns out to be another left wing "protest" then yes, they'll try and get it passed off as Covid because they're far too caring and compassionate to own their home made nutters.

I can't stand the whole left/right thing and have no side but isn't it amazing that when a right wing politician gets stabbed to death we have suggestions of mental health, Nazi, Islamist or even far right?
We don't have a clue yet as to who or why this happened.

Never gets suggested as a far left suspect.....ever.

Labour conference applaud their own calling tories scum. Labour MPs making malicious phone calls including threats to throw acid in people's faces but they always act like innocent victims.

Now gloating over a man's death.

Sad.
edit on 15102021 by Tulpa because: Correction

edit on 15102021 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I am sickened by this evil act, I may stand ideologically opposed to the conservative party on many of it's policy's and basic tenets but My sympathy's are with this mans family, a terrible incident.

No matter what side of the political spectrum we choose these people represent the people of there constituency's and not only those that voted for them so if his murder was politically motivated it was an act of utter evil and depraved insanity that has no place in our nation.

Since the authority's have NOT yet named the culprit (As far as I know) or any details about the murderer other than that he is male the murderer may be anything from a mental patient to an angry constituent to a Terrorist BUT of course it is worth remembering that this is very close in time after a spate of murders in Norway by an Islamic Convert whom had been radicalized online, this may very well have been an Islamic terrorist related incident but until that information is given to us we can not yet draw a conclusion and speculation may be more harmful than helpful until we do.

May God grant David Amess rest and watch over his family.

Let us also remember that this is an attack upon the British Public because if our MP's can not meet there constituents to try to help them with there problems as this Gentleman and Jo Cox were doing when they were murdered then our MP's will have to start receiving constant plain clothed police protection at there surgery's.

This in turn will make the MP's less accessible to there constituents however it may be the only right and proper choice though it shall also require a few additional police officers to perform this role, to be frank after what happened to Jo Cox I am a little angry that such is not already in place given the high value target that MP's present to potential attackers.

However as I have said already it may impact the accessibility of MP's to there constituents which regardless of party, affiliation or political belief is universally a very bad thing for ALL members of the public.

It is definitely worth remembering also that these MP's do not only help people that voted for there party but ALL there constituents regardless of which party they voted for,. I dare say that It has gotten to the point were they are taking there lives in there hands just to meet the members of the public whom they represent and even to try to help them (often being the last resort people have when all other avenues of official help have failed them) which once again is what this gentleman was doing.

We had a lunatic Neo Nazi wanting to murder my local MP Rosie Cooper in west Lancashire, thankfully the police were ready and caught him and several other extreme right wing Neo Nazi's in the act of preparing to carry out an act of terrorism and the one whom was planning to carry out the attack is now behind bars.

edit on 15-10-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Freeborn

But I am having to restrain myself from saying more due to the hypersensitive.

hold my beer. # him.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the mindset of the weak and pathetic losers.

cheer on death, scum.

In the UK we celebrate the Death of Roman Catholic Guido Fawkes...Every year...on the anniversary of his death. RIP Guido, the only man who ever entered English Parliament with good intentions.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

Everyone has someone who loves them and will grieve. For the sake of those people, I have a hard time celebrating any deaths. Besides, death has touched too many people I care about these last couple of months for me to speak so harshly of the dead.

And that is fair enough.

I may disagree with someone's speech, but will still fight to defend their right to say it.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It's a shame but I think you are spot on.
This will only serve to distance further the very people who are our representatives from the people they represent.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sad news , no one deserves to die for their political views . RiP David Amess.

This is what this country has become.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Not sure which is worse , what you wrote or that you got stars for it.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You really are a #ing knobhead aren't you.

Wow, who's the sensitive one now?.

I care as much for your opinion of me as I do for your faux outrage over this piece of Tory #.

Words fail me. The guy had no political ambition to hold Ministerial office and just served his constituents for decades. A nice guy by all accounts.

And you come on here and say that about him?

He had a wife and 5 children, fer Chrissakes.

Shame on you.

I wholeheartedly agree with how Freeborn described you.

And a World class bell-end, too.
edit on 15-10-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

But I am having to restrain myself from saying more due to the hypersensitive.

hold my beer. # him.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the mindset of the weak and pathetic losers.

cheer on death, scum.

In the UK we celebrate the Death of Roman Catholic Guido Fawkes...Every year...on the anniversary of his death. RIP Guido, the only man who ever entered English Parliament with good intentions.

Not really. These days it's just an excuse to let off fireworks, have bonfire and get bladdered.

It's hardly a political thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Got to wonder as to whatever mad sad reasoning's will be offered up as to this lunatics antics???!!!

As to what the nation has become.

Well that remains to be seen.

But its not looking good with things like this happening.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

If it turns out to be another left wing "protest" then yes, they'll try and get it passed off as Covid because they're far too caring and compassionate to own their home made nutters.

I can't stand the whole left/right thing and have no side but isn't it amazing that when a right wing politician gets stabbed to death we have suggestions of mental health, Nazi, Islamist or even far right?
We don't have a clue yet as to who or why this happened.

Never gets suggested as a far left suspect.....ever.

Labour conference applaud their own calling tories scum. Labour MPs making malicious phone calls including threats to throw acid in people's faces but they always act like innocent victims.

Now gloating over a man's death.

Sad.

It's a politician and these days, they are all traitors and criminals....

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Normally I would say that nobody deserves to be killed for their actions, but then I reflect a bit and consider the reasons where it will be justified. Politicians who destroy the lives of millions/hundreds of millions, I kind of think they do deserve to die, at least I can justify it just as easily as I justified killing other terrorists. It really doesn't matter whether the terrorist uses a pen, a press conference, a gun or a WMD, it all comes down to Marxists/Communists/Dictators/Tyrants saying "Do this or we will kill you or destroy your lives." That is extortion based on fear with a political agenda driven bent and regardless of whether the government and their evil little minions hide behind the colour of law they make up as they go along to protect themselves or not, it's wrong.

Terrorists whether they are on the street or in glass towers, left or right, private sector or political/public sector really do deserve to die I think. My CO used to tell me that every terrorist I killed saved between 1 and 1000 innocent people, because you just don't know how many people that terrorist will kill in their lifetime. It's how I justified what I did, I never enjoyed it, have a lot of PTSD and guilt over it (as it is morally conflicting), but sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself and do the right thing, rather than the good thing.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Be Conservative Politician, import Somalians to murder and replace ethnic British people, get murdered by Somalian, it's working?

edit on 15-10-2021 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join