It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pity humanity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Excellent rant.

Society at-large has now been convinced to throw-away their thoughtful elders, and their wise folks of all ages.

They are holding-up the march to progress.

How can the world 'solve' the Climate-Crisis™, if the old-folks are dragging their feet ?

Everything is a ' Project™ ' now, and they always, constantly, need to be moving forward.

The endless battle of enthusiasm, against the supposed ' reality ' of entropy.

We try to keep doing things, as if that will push-back our inevitable death.

My view is that it relates to the OP, in the sense that it was these soulless corporate ideas of constant progression, that has become a mind-set of the mass of society.

How else could we have armies of unthinking individuals operating the machines, pushing the buttons, and doing all of the paperwork ?

Doug Stanhope did a bit on how a clerk might lose their mind, doing endless filing day-in and day-out, but then they got a new prescription of an anti-depressant, and they can just get-though their day on cruise-control now, because their bothersome active mind is now in a stupor.

There's no place for thought, questioning, debate, second opinions.

Just take our Medz™, and follow the good Shepherd™ out to pasture.
He protects us from the Big-Bad-Wolf™.
Sure he shaves our wool off, but it's a small price to pay for his Protection™ !

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I'm not going to hold back much in this rant

Isn't that the whole point of a RANT? If you had to hold back, it would cease to be a rant, and be just regular, socially-modified soft speech designed to avoid the truth and to not hurt anyone's feelings.

Pitying humanity is just wrong. There's nothing pityful about humanity. Humanity is great, and doing wonderfully - whyever would you pity humanity?

I hope you don't confuse the strange mixture of demons, half-animals, mostly-apes, robotoids, clones, NPCs, automatons, unwashed masses of unthinking bipedal morons with 'humanity', because it's not.

This particular planet, Terra, doesn't have many actual human beings roaming on its surface. There are plenty of all kinds of other things, but actual human beings are so rare I have never met one, heard of one or seen one on any media so far - I mean, in the modern times. Of course historically speaking, there have been a few, namely The Oiled One and a few enlightened Zen masters, visitors from other planets and such.

So cheer up, humanity is always doing great - too bad THIS particular planet doesn't have (almost) any. It'd be better to pity the pitiful, not the wonderful. Actual human beings live in better worlds - why would they come HERE? (Yes, I am including myself in that 'not-yet-quite-human' category)

<< 1   >>

join