It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan (ROC) is NOT a question - it is a done deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The whole open China crusade started by Nixon and continued until Trump started sanctioning the crap out of the CCP was a bad policy. Show them how Capitalism works and all the money they can make an"wallah" it will be all songs around the camp fire which did not work to well now did it ?

Strategically speaking would it not be better to wait for the next party congress when all the commie bastards and leadership are in one place and then hit them so hard no one could walk out alive ? IMO it is always better to cut the snakes head off instead of the tip of the tail.

There are many good men, women, and children being forced to live under the leadership of the CCP and I have no desire to kill any of them.

The population is disarmed unless you count butcher knives and pitchforks, which against the PLA is like eating thin soup with chopsticks.

There is a possibility Xi is gonna get deposed as he tries to move the country back into a Mao type great leap forward. If that happens it will be a great move but alas those who take over will still be control freaks of the CCP.

So if it ever comes to a commitment to stop the CCP the party congress strike is the way to go IMO. youtu.be...

I think the next party meeting will be in 2022...

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I thought I read once that in the event of a nuclear war the US would target the three gorges dam. I know that doesn't have much to do with taking out the party but It makes you wonder if they hadn't thought about hitting the party before.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You are right Blaine91555, I know it. I just can't help but feel their situation will eventually cause them to lash out, they are fairly limited in what they could do the US mainland, but its all of our allies that give us the much appreciated ring of protection I am worried about

They are all within striking distance of every nuclear missile China fields (99% certain on that anyhow)

Keeping the US mainland safe is a worthwhile goal, I just feel it can't come at the cost of our valued allies who have given us positions of such strength and would wholly be exploited by the CCP if they were to fall. Giving them sure range on the entire continental US

You are right that MAD works, which maybe is why at a minimum we need to formally recognize Taiwan and quickly integrate them into NATO or another mutual defense agreement

The likelihood of them attacking us or Taiwan is so remote as to be almost laughable.

It is reassuring to hear that. After watching Afghanistan go under I feel it is so very important we remind our allies (and adversaries, if not enemies) that we are still here and that what happened in Afghanistan was a series of bad choices and not the new direction of US foreign policy
If it worries me imagine how our strategic partners and allies have to feel
edit on 10/14/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: JBurns
The CCP will keep saber rattling. But ultimately, the pathetic number of warheads it could unleash pale in comparison to the massive US inventory. We would wipe the floor with the CCP. Their bombers wouldn't even make it past our tactical fighters that surround them. Their submarines would be lucky to hit Washington state. And our missile defense capabilities would eliminate at least some of the missiles calculated to pose an actual threat to US cities or military infrastructure.

All well and good, but only if the USA has a competent, trustworthy, leader with a spine... which we currently do NOT have in the White House. Biden would shake his finger at China and weakly say "please don't do that" at most if they decided to invade Taiwan. Such is the price of allowing a stolen election and the illegitimate byproduct of that theft to stand in the White House.

Sadly you are so very correct my friend

It worries me because of Taiwan and our many allies/partners in the region, it is heartening to see many of them vastly increasing defense spending, working to acquire our technology or even develop better technology (Japan has some very impressive stealth fighters in the works)

This illegitimate administration wants to be China, heck they'd never stand up to them

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yeah, but are you sure the United States would defend Taiwan? Remember Afghanistan. Though it's clear the US has turned to the China problem and somewhat has withdrawn from the Middle East. I'm starting to believe that the US is more interested in merely feeding their military-industrial-complex beast and likely won't have a real nuclear war. Perhaps that's wishful thinking but who knows.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

And has been since ratifying its 1947 constitution. The Republic of China is a separate country from CCP occupied China. The CCP always refers to this as "the Taiwan question" as if they can will its status as a sovereign nation out of existence. They have a functioning government, military, intelligence apparatus, civil law enforcement & courts. Make no mistake, The ROC is a country. In fact, it is far more legitimate of a country than the CCP occupied territories.

The CCP will keep saber rattling. But ultimately, the pathetic number of warheads it could unleash pale in comparison to the massive US inventory. We would wipe the floor with the CCP. Their bombers wouldn't even make it past our tactical fighters that surround them. Their submarines would be lucky to hit Washington state. And our missile defense capabilities would eliminate at least some of the missiles calculated to pose an actual threat to US cities or military infrastructure.

Meanwhile, a single Ohio class boat alone can deploy 200 independently targetable warheads. At least 3 or 4 of those are likely to be within striking range of mainland CCP occupied territories. Our land based ICBMs would also be fired, since they are sure to be prime targets for CCP aggression. Finally, a massive air to ground nuclear bombing campaign (cruise missiles for the B-52s) would be undertaken.

If the CCP wants a fight, we should give them one hell of a fight. We should strike first, while the element of surprise is on our side. This will severely limit the number of launches on the CCP aggressor's behalf. We should follow it up with a 500,000 strong ground invasion to deny, disrupt, degrade and destroy the CCP capacity to make war, to challenge any country on this Earth or to continue spreading its poisonous lies in the form of communism.

Our ring of allies and military bases ensure a successful first strike. They would be lucky to fire off a few division's worth of road mobile TEL. Their submarine missiles have garbage range.

If only we had a government with some intestinal fortitude.

The revelation that China is building a military base in Cambodia cannot go unanswered. If we do not exploit our status as a superpower, we will surely lose that position - or worse - be forced to share it with the CCP. Neither outcome is acceptable, we are justified in any act to preserve our dominance over the CCP and ability to eliminate them without warning or cause up to and including total nuclear war.

While I like your plan it has a major flaw. They only need to target two places with any nukes they can get thru. Those two places? Yellowstone and Long Valley Caldera. Game over we cease to exist as a nation

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

How about we we send a secret communicado to the Navy seals.

We need the invisible man to eradicate the wicked around the world once
and for all. The mission is to eliminate the psychopaths we have let lead us
to die. They been sacrificing us one way or another for far to long. The seals
can probably do it. Free the whole world from a secret club and it's satanic
mysticism.

Everyone of us can see evils raising it's cobra head right now? Send in the
seals to lop it off. A little pay back for the Kennedys at the same time.

edit on 15-10-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:44 AM
link   

No desire to police the world. And yet, eliminating any threat to our global dominance must be top priority. If they don't want to be attacked on a surprise massive scale, they bend the knee or else.
Global dominance? maybe in the category of starting wars, which other categories do we command global dominance?
And who the heck is going to make the my little ponies, Tonka trucks and care bears Fox news is crying about a shortage of?

We just ended a 20 years war and already the warmongers are restless.

Maybe this is what that Gen. Milley was warning of?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

Maybe this is what that Gen. Milley was warning of?

Couldn't possibly be, since your favorite bogey man, Donald trump, isn't in office any more... Remember?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

they are fairly limited in what they could do the US mainland

There are already thousands of Chinese troops on our Northern Border.

If we're not careful, the Biden administration is going to:
1. Start a scuffle between people who work and people who won't
2. Call for UN assistance
3. Invite the Chinese military in to restore order

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Op seemed able to see the points I raised, and was reasonable enough to reply succinctly without resorting to name calling, who would have thought that mods of this site have less ability to reply in a reasoned manner than us mere members

What would you deem acceptable casualties in this war on communism, how many American troops need to lose their lives for you?, how many innocent civilians dying will you accept? will you be on the front lines risking your life?

If as you say it was ridiculous Horse#, why not use your privilege as a mod and remove my posts as they must surely constitute thread drift, in your opinion that is.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You didn't study history class....you whole premise is flawed...and poorly thought out. Go fake your patriotism somewhere else....cassus belli is a necessary part of the laws of war.....

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

They were military assetts. they were essentially ammo for their war machine. Those were not just innocent people,they were living weapons.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

I don't necessarily agree with Mr. Burns on the urgency for "battle to be joined" but....if you are looking around and not realizing that we are already embroiled in a soft/cold war with China, you are not paying attention.

- non-stop hacking
- intelligence breaches and active spying on all of our major industry, government and research institutions
- the capturing, quite literally,of American manufacturing and production capability
- ^^^ this point followed up by the possibility that China is tightening supply streams as a retaliatory action
- and lest we forget COVID-19

It's funny to hear sentiment on this website about pretty much ignoring China which is about the dumbest idea imaginable at this point.

"Let's just keep doing what we're doing for the past 30 years. Maybe someday China will concede that we can have some of our critical medical/pharmaceutical production back"

Action ~MUST~ be taken to correct trade imbalances, information warfare and the absolutely alarming dependency this country has on another nation with a diametrically apposed political/ideological system.

But Biden was put into power to do all of this right ? ^^^

Or was it just to get the Orange Man out, despite his stated goals and actual demonstrable efforts towards breaking the US out of this China "frienemy" cycle.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join