It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall Flight Golden Hour - Drone Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hey all,

My latest video premiered today. I slapped some new motors onto my favorite freestyle build. These motors have a bit more low end grunt compared to what I've been flying. I took advantage of that and threw on some more aggressively pitched props as well. The result is far more grip and low end control. I was really feeling them out during this flight. Super happy I took a chance and tried something new. This motor / prop combo is going to be my go-to for a bit. Feels too good to not to!

Hope you enjoy the video. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and allowing me to share a passion of mine with you!

edit on 14-10-2021 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
the flips make me motion sick
otherwise, good stuff. gotta love the tech these days.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Great flying. S&F

However, may I offer a bit of constructive criticism?

I've watched several of your videos in the past, and the same thought occurs to me each time...

"Okay, we get it, you know how to fly a drone. Now, can we slow down a bit and enjoy the scenery and see something other than your drone flying skills?"

Honestly not trying to be mean or anything here, but all the loops and flips, and spins, and upside down flying, and swooping down through the trees gets tiring and confusing to the viewer after a while. A little bit of this is okay, but maybe just at the end or something.

The other comment is, music on videos is a very subjective thing. It's great to one person, and terrible to another. In general though, music really takes away from videos. No music and just the sound of the drone and the surrounding environment would be much better. I know people feel like music adds a more dramatic feel to a video, but the reality is people would much rather conjure up their own emotion about the video rather than having someone tell you what theirs is. This is a pretty common theme about YT videos in general. People feel compelled to add music to a video for some reason not realizing the music is really more of a distraction than a welcome addition.

Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way. If so, my apologies in advance, just trying to be helpful.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

NICE !!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I appreciate the feed back!

I used to not use music, then a handful of people used to complain that the whine of the motors was annoying. You literally cannot hear any environmental sounds. Just a loud whine that goes up and down in pitch with throttle. So I removed that and added in " neutral music " or tried too. haha.

The other problem with using music. I'm limited to only use "copyright free music" when posting on YouTube. Which isn't always the best but its something.

Maybe Ill try to meet in the middle. Reduce the motor sound a bit and maybe just use an ambient track for sound. Ill see what I can do next time around.

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Are your videos sped up? Or is that the real time speed you fly at?

Some of those moves like when you dive towards the ground then fly through the trees would take some serious skillz at that speed. I'd no doubt have one very smashed up drone if I tried that!

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

That's real time. The drone in this video can go 80mph+ in its current configuration. I've been flying drones since 2017. Thousands of flights, countless hours AND a fair share of crashes haha.

They are pretty rugged. I build them myself. Full carbon fiber frames. 5mm thick arms. Takes a lot to actually break one.

edit on 14-10-2021 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well that's just sick then! Nice flying, it looks like so much fun

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Thanks! I fly with what is basically " VR" goggles on. So I'm flying as if I'm sitting on the drone myself.

Its super immersive. Feels like you're really out there flying around. Its a fun hobby, just a super steep learning curve. But worth the investment long term.

top topics

join