It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detected: 1,652 radio bursts from 3 billion light-years away Is the universe a brain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think these fast radio bursts might be from an extraterrestrial source. These radio bursts are could be like a genarator and advanced civilizations can direct these bursts to power their galactic civilizations.

What seemed a cosmic trickle almost a decade ago now appears as a rapid-fire barrage from across the universe.

An international team of astronomers including Cornell researchers have detected 1,652 independent millisecond explosions – called fast radio bursts, or FRBs – over a period of only 47 days, from a source about 3 billion light-years away. The team’s findings are published Oct. 13 in the journal Nature.

“From this source, 1,652 fast radio bursts are a startling number,” said co-author Shami Chatterjee, Ph.D. ’03, principal research scientist in astronomy in the College of Arts and Sciences. “Until now, astronomers had been talking about a handful of bursts – a few, then maybe 10 and perhaps 25. But now were talking about over 1,600 bursts over 47 days. That’s really dramatic.”

news.cornell.edu...

The problem I have with scientist in these areas is, they lack imagination. They start with the priori that you have to exhaust all natural explanations but an extraterrestrial explanation would be a natural explanation. It goes on to say:

Astronomers don’t know the causes of these explosions, but many agree they are likely from exotic, hypermagnetized neutron stars, or magnetars.

You can always find someone smart who can say, "well maybe it's caused by the Andromeda galaxy being at a 90 degree angle to...." The question is, which explanations fit the data. You might find a non intelligence explanation that fits 60% of the data while an extraterrestrial explanation fits 90% of the data.

So they should look at both explanations equally. We spend billions of dollars building satellites and rovers to search for signs of life. Looking at both explanations equally might also lead to thinking outside of the box which could lead to new technologies. We're primitive in simply exploring our own backyard. The last time we went to the moon was in 1972. We should have rovers on Europa, Titan, Enceladus along with Mars right now. We're behingd the eightball when it comes to space exploration but with private industry becoming more active, you should be able to skip the red tape of NASA.

I said in a recent post that these FRB's could be used by Galactic civilizations to power the needs of their civilization. What if we colonized Mars, Enceladus, Titan and Europa. Our energy needs would go up and maybe we would need to find the source of FRB's but also direct the energy in fast, timed bursts to power the civilization. Here's the thread here:

A Signal from Space Is on a 16-Day Cycle. Scientists Just Ruled Out an Explanation
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's another explanation.

What if the universe is a giant brain and these fast radio bursts are bursts suppression? So this would be a way the universe heals itself like we do when our brain is damaged or we're in a coma.

Burst suppression is an electroencephalography (EEG) pattern that is characterized by periods of high-voltage electrical activity alternating with periods of no activity in the brain. The pattern is found in patients with inactivated brain states, such as from general anesthesia, coma, or hypothermia.[1] This pattern can be physiological, as during early development, or pathological, as in diseases such as Ohtahara syndrome.[2]

Because the burst suppression pattern is characteristic of inactivated brains, the pattern can be used as a marker for the level of coma a patient is in, with persistence of the pattern commonly associated with poor prognosis.[15] When inducing coma to protect the brain post trauma, the pattern assists in maintaining the necessary level of coma so that no further damage occurs to the brain.[11] The pattern is also used to test the ability of anesthetic arousal agents to induce emergence from comas.[15] The burst suppression pattern can also be used to track ascent into and descent out of hypothermia through observing changes in the pattern.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's what burst suppression patterns look like.

What if we find out the frequency of these bursts look like brain suppression patterns?

A burst-suppression pattern is an electroencephalographic pattern characterized by a quasi-periodic high amplitude “burst” alternating with periods of low or flatline “suppression.” Recognizing and understanding this pattern is helpful for clinical management in intensive care units. Pathological burst-suppression is commonly seen in post cardiac arrest comatose patients. It can also be induced by anesthetics or hypothermia. A burst-suppression pattern in anoxic brain injury generally predicts a poor prognosis; however, exceptions do occur. Inducing burst-suppression by general anesthetics can be used to abort super-refractory status epilepticus. This article will discuss this unique EEG pattern, including basic mechanisms, related clinical conditions, and recent research updates.

pulmonarychronicles.com...

Say a civilizations destroys itself in a nuclear war which damage the universe(brain) and burst suppression occurs which allows that part of the universe to heal itself.

This isn't a new question. Scientist have asked if the universe is like a human brain.

THE UNIVERSE IS LIKE A GIANT HUMAN BRAIN, SCIENTISTS FIND

The universe is similar to a huge human brain, scientists have found.

A new study investigated the differences and similarities between two of the most complex systems in existence, though at entirely difference scales: the cosmos and its galaxies and the brain and its neuronal cells.

They found that while the scale is clearly different, the structure is remarkably similar. In some cases, the two systems seemed more similar to each other than they did to the parts that make them up.

www.independent.co.uk...

BEYOND MIND-BLOWING—IS OUR BRAIN A MIRROR OF THE UNIVERSE?

There is a whole universe in your brain, but did you ever think that your brain could be a reflection of the vast universe out there?

The network of neurons in the brain and network of galaxies in the cosmos might actually be reflections of each other. This is what you get when you put the minds of an astrophysicist and a neurosurgeon together. Besides being two of the most complex systems in nature, the number of neurons in your brain is eerily close to the number of galaxies in the observable universe. Neurons form in long filaments or nodes between filaments, just like galaxies, and there is mass or energy that has seemingly passive role in both—water in the brain versus dark energy in the void of space.

www.syfy.com...

There's more!

These FRB's line up with the cosmic web connecting the universe.

CONT'D

edit on 13-10-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mysterious Space Signals Line Up With the Cosmic Web Connecting the Universe, Scientists Find

Scientists have used a powerful radio telescope in the interior of British Columbia, Canada to gain incredible new insights about one of the universe’s most perplexing and brilliant phenomena: Fast radio bursts (FRBs), which are unexplained signals from space. Sometimes they’re one-offs, and sometimes they mysteriously repeat in regular intervals, beating out a cosmic pattern.

The collaboration behind the Canadian Hydrogen Intensity Mapping Experiment (CHIME), which scans the deep cosmos from the Okanagan region of BC, announced exciting new results during a press conference on Wednesday at the 238th American Astronomical Society. According to researchers, a new batch of FRB detections has for the first time correlated to the contours of the “cosmic web”; an unimaginably large structure connecting the universe that scientists are only starting to learn about.

www.vice.com...

Human Brain’s Neuronal Network Has Similarities to Cosmic Web, Study Claims

In a paper published this week in the journal Frontiers of Physics, a duo of researchers from Italy investigated the similarities between the network of neurons in the human brain and the cosmic network of galaxies.

Although the relevant physical interactions in the above two systems are completely different, their observation through microscopic and telescopic techniques have captured a tantalizing similar morphology, to the point that it has often been noted that the cosmic web and the web of neurons look alike.

“We calculated the spectral density of both systems,” said co-author Dr. Franco Vazza, an astrophysicist at the University of Bologna.

“This is a technique often employed in cosmology for studying the spatial distribution of galaxies.”

“Our analysis showed that the distribution of the fluctuation within the cerebellum neuronal network on a scale from 1 micrometer to 0.1 mm follows the same progression of the distribution of matter in the cosmic web but, of course, on a larger scale that goes from 5 million to 500 million light-years.”

Dr. Vazza and his colleague, University of Verona neurosurgeon Alberto Feletti, also calculated some parameters characterizing both the neuronal network and the cosmic web: the average number of connections in each node and the tendency of clustering several connections in relevant central nodes within the network.

“Once again, structural parameters have identified unexpected agreement levels,” Dr. Feletti said.

“Probably, the connectivity within the two networks evolves following similar physical principles, despite the striking and obvious difference between the physical powers regulating galaxies and neurons.”

“These two complex networks show more similarities than those shared between the cosmic web and a galaxy or a neuronal network and the inside of a neuronal body.’

www.sci-news.com...

I wish there was more thinking outside of the box in these areas. Starting of saying you have to exhaust all natural explanations is subjective because to me, an extraterrestrial explanation or saying the universe is a brain is a natural explanation.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

If they were sending out 3.141592653589793238..or the Golden Ratio, or any other number of ways they could have communicated there was intelligent life, then I would be with you.

Seems if something were sent intentionally, it would make sense to anyone advanced enough to detect it. You know, maybe throw in some form of one of the equations that would be reuired to build a detector in the first place. Like, 'if you are hearing this, I know you understand this' type of thing.

Being a big nerd myself, I know there is a ton of stuff out there I do not know about. But my puny human brain would never be dumb enough to send out a signal for an alien race to possibly see some day, that does not blatantly show signs of intelligence. They cant be both intelligent, and stupid at the same time.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was looking at videos of 3d models of different fractals a few years ago, and at one point, one of them, "far" zoomed inside of it, had things that looked vaguely like flora, fauna and even housings.

If we do the same with us, starting at our level and go further out, following the fractals way of working, if you allow me saying it like that, we are bound to see reflections of ourselves, or, parts of ourselves.
The patterns must be out there, and what you have superbly presented just might be it.

Very nice thread!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'm not going to lie, my mind is blown!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I miss seeing well constructed Threads that require imagination and out-of-the-box thinking. Thanks for getting my ol noogin' into thinking of the possibilities that are presented.

Star, Flagged and Applauded!
Johnny

edit on 10/13/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If it was an intelligence that was sending, that was 3 billion years ago. I wonder if they could still be there? and just wow, at the scale of it all.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What if we are inside the brain of some massive entity and are nothing more than fish in a small pond instead of the vast ocean we believe we occupy via lacking the perception to understand the reality?

I'm most certainly wrong but it's fun to think about.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Aliens fight big War.
both sides die.

old question
why dont we see more aliens?

ok china can we start the war!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Great post OP. Excuse my wording in this post. I am not or do I pretend to be a scientist. I just enjoy thinking and pondering things. Since I was a teen I have often wondered about how on an atomic level things keep getting smaller and smaller and on an astronomical level things keep getting larger and larger. It may be that all of this combines into one object, being, thing or ?. Of course that object, being, thing or ? would have to be a part of something itself. Everything seems to be made up of smaller parts that are part of a larger part add infinitum in either direction.

edit on 13-10-2021 by flyonthewall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe that the universe is a big brain (though I've seen the idea before and it's very interesting). I will point out, however, that similarities have been observed in how the shape of brain structure and its neurons bear at least a passing similarity to the shape of superclusters and other enormous structures in the universe at large.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here is a scary "thought" what if we live on earth, but reincarnated in a mirror universe inside a persons brain, a person that is living on earth just as ours, he also lives inside a mirror universe of our universe and his universe inside a brain of a person that lives on earth just as ours. Perhaps time works differently in these pocket universes, so one second in our hosts universe is a trillion billion years in ours, that would make us beings of light.. that moves at the speed of light in the perspective of our host.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I can imagine how they can tell the signal source is "3 billion light-years away". It's crazy how a Five-hundred-meter telescope can detect a signal that far away. Here on earth we have trouble getting a satellite tv signal if a tree is in the way of the dish.

I have decoded the signal. It' says "we've been trying to reach you about your cars extended warranty".

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Awesome OP! S&F for sure!

Two comments:

I've long said the Universe may very well be a molecule in a much larger organism. Our galaxy is a subset of billions of galaxies. Our solar system is a subset of many solar systems in our galaxy. Our planet is a subset of many planets in our solar system. The molecules which make up our planet are a subset of many molecules. Atoms are a subset of these molecules. Sub-atomic particles are a subset of atoms...and that's just as far as we can see now, but there is likely more. The same thing works in reverse. Our Universe may just be a subset of many universes. And so on, and so on.

Secondly, here's where I stumble with some of these things. Let's say tomorrow we received a FRB from ET himself, and ET said..."Sorry about all the noise, we thought you spoke a different language. Hopefully this is more understandable to you. Que pasa, Earthlings??"...What then? Even at the speed of light, a response (from us) would take millions of years to be received. Even if we could ask for something like the meaning of life, no one for millions upon millions of years would ever hear their response. How would this benefit us?

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So in reality, if this is something trying to reach out, they attempted it millions or billions of years ago and are long dead by now. Crazy to think about how new they are to us, but how long ago they were around to do this. If that's the case.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

Thanks and you make some good points.

a reply to: Romeopsi

It does blow your mind!

a reply to: Johnnyananymous

Exactly!

Thinking outside of the box is needed in these situations.

a reply to: flyonthewall

Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Interesting, and I think in most of these cases, these signals aren't meant for other civilizations just because of the vastness of space. So looking for technosignatures is better than looking for any message from a distant galaxy.

If this is from an extraterrestrial source, it's from a civilization that was very advanced 3 billion years ago and I doubt they're interested in a type 0 civilization like us. If they're still around, they're probably like the Q on StarTrek and maybe they even mess around with us from time to time.

Also, think about this.

The universe and the cosmic web could be 1 level of consciousness(brain).

The human brain is a microcosm of the universe.

The world wide web or internet can be a future brain. You add in a quantum computer with artificial intelligence acting as the self, then it would be superintelligent and have access to vast amounts of data.

Here's a video that talks about the connection between the universe, the brain and the internet.

Here's a look at the Global Brain(internet).

Opte Project visualization of routing paths through a portion of the Internet. The connections and pathways of the internet could be seen as the pathways of neurons and synapses in a global brain

en.wikipedia.org...

Compare the global brain to the universe and the human brain.

There's been been talk of hooking up humans to this global brain.

Researchers Have Linked a Human Brain to the Internet for the First Time Ever

A team of researchers at Wits University in Johannesburg, South Africa have made a major breakthrough in the field of biomedical engineering. According to a release published on Medical Express, for the first time ever, researchers have devised a way of connecting the human brain to the internet in real time. It’s been dubbed the “Brainternet” project, and it essentially turns the brain “…into an Internet of Things (IoT) node on the World Wide Web.”

futurism.com...

Interesting

edit on 14-10-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The information given to the public is highly scrutinized with funding at stake. One wrong phrase or statement that challenges a status quo can cut the the program's funds expeditedly. NASA learned this the hard way during a conference, answering theoretical physics questions pertaining to religion.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Great response!

Food for thought for sure!

top topics

join