It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Cancels Halloween because it’s Racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Since I believe halloween to be a pagan holiday,I don't
celebrate it at all,I just like buying up the candy later.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The cheapest costume to trick or treat in when I was a kid was to dress up as a black kid with soot rubbed into my hands and face.

This is going way back… I wanted to be a southern belle for one Halloween… Well that doesn’t quite work so well on a very Asian looking person. Every house was like “awww you pretty little Geisha” and I was like “what is a Geisha” and then the people were like “a Geisha is uh umm,” . Good memories!
And guess what, nobody was offended.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Being maginalized on Ramadan is awesome because you get to eat.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is an easy fix for this. Tell the poor kids to dress like panel folks and call themselves the Evil Left. Explain to them that they're like zombies, only shriller.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Zombies?

Give the kids little model microphones and get them to do their own fake news interviews on the doorstep.

"So, tell me Mrs Jones....Do you believe that only racist, sexist, homophobes refuse to give out huge bags of goodies to kids doing trick or treat? or are you a nice person???"

They'll get to learn about how social justice is a scam at the same time as understanding media manipulation all in one practical and fun lesson.

and a big bag of goodies, too.......probably.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: rickymouse

The cheapest costume to trick or treat in when I was a kid was to dress up as a black kid with soot rubbed into my hands and face.

This is going way back… I wanted to be a southern belle for one Halloween… Well that doesn’t quite work so well on a very Asian looking person. Every house was like “awww you pretty little Geisha” and I was like “what is a Geisha” and then the people were like “a Geisha is uh umm,” . Good memories!
And guess what, nobody was offended.

You got the same amount of candy no matter what costume you had on. I liked the homemade popcorn balls and homemade cookies the best back when I was a kid. That was before anyone started putting sharp stuff in the halloween candy, back then if they did not want you there, they just turned off the lights and didn't answer the door.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Instead of parents checking for razorblades and needles this year they will have to use PCR tests on the candies.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've seen coloured kids trick or treating. what are they talking about?

Oh, I am not allowed to say coloured kids, but they are allowed to say people of colour?
What kinda clown world is this?

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianSpy

Yes and yes.

How do you and RussianTroll get along? lol

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I spilt hot chocolate on mine outside the PX and I was so sad. . . i cried.
We had to trick or treat on post. It was nice what they did for us back then.

All those white sheets gone to waste

We are always away for Halloween but not this year. dunno what to do . i like kids but i dont like the idea of going to the effing door every 3 seconds.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Of course this is Washington state... so then I feel embarrased to then realize this is Seattle, of course it is

Wait! This is BF Day middle school where I went to 5th grade for chrissake?!?!

The lack of people of color in this neighborhood is what should surprise you, yet these parades frequently have painted up naked people on bicycles, where's the outrage???

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

They purposely taking away traditions so it can be replaced with something else. Step by step

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Even if you are against this when this specific community has had issues with it for 5 years, you can be a logical calm person and know there are two sides to every story and relax and look into it.

If you Google Halloween racist...first thing that comes up is Black Face and racist costumes. Pretty self explanatory. I don't think I've heard a story of someone wearing Black Face or a racist costume and it worked out well for them.

Another thing to consider is boys might have costumes with accessories, aka toy weapons. This is pretty common. Black people are well aware of the risk associated with playing or holding toy weapons out in public. Especially in white neighborhoods which will be safer to walk in and have better candy.

Another thing is pre-teen and teenage boys grow out of trick or treating and like to cause mischief. Running around egging houses and cars, TPing trees and houses, or using paint ball guns. Back in the day we used to take shaving cream cans, melt the hole closed with a lighter then poke a new hole, now you can shoot out shaving cream like a hose. Neighborhoods would be a mess. Black people fear of police repercussions for behaving like that, white people don't.

You then have the lack of income, which won't be just black people alone. People can't afford to buy costumes or candy. Black neighborhoods might not be the safest place to go trick or treating for regular dangers of the streets and the police constantly patrolling those areas harassing black people. So black people might skip out in festivities that night that happened in the dark.

Then there is all the partying, white people getting insanely drunk is not a safe environment for black people.

So just to come to a quick conclusion that Halloween doesn't have any racism, isn't a well thought out opinion. Especially with the obvious answer of Black Face that 4 pages never mentioned once.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You guys didn't think you could have great reset without the destruction of your holidays and traditions too did you?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

especially students of color and those with a sensitivity to all the noise and excitement of the parade."

Will they now also relocate any children of "color" from big cities to the soothing suburbs or do the busy noisy streets of NY not compare to a Halloween parade?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Better cancel Kwanzaa then because that disenfranchises Whites who don't celebrate it.
Turn about is fair play, no?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dang it I'm still mad this is my 5th grade school doing this BS, My teacher was Billy Johnson and he was pair shaped and sweet as heck and would tell us stories about breaking broncos in his younger days. There was a paddle outside the principals door that everyone heard stories of but never got used on.

Now every house has virtue signaling placards and masked up kids and parents and the parents always just looking at their cell phones, no discipline or balanced values

I have hope for the children no matter what, but dang we have the dumbest crop of parents ever here right now

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

You know why 4 pages never mentioned it?

Because I'll bet 4 pages were like me and entered the thread figuring that the reason Halloween would be banned would *be* over both Cultural Appropriation and things like you mentioned.

(wait for it)
BUT IT WASN'T!!

*You* were, in fact, the first person to go there. It seems the panel didn't even. Congrats on bringing it up after 4 pages.

As to this:

Then there is all the partying, white people getting insanely drunk is not a safe environment for black people.

Because, you know, black folks never, ever get drunk and party.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
The Numbers Do Not Lie...

1) No known species of reindeer can fly, but there are 300,000 species of organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not completely rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

2) There are 2 billion children (defined as persons under 18) in the world; However, since Santa doesn't appear to handle Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or Buddhist children,that reduces the workload down to 15% of the original total, 378 million according to the Population Reference Bureau. At an average census rate of 3.5 children per household, that's only 91.8 million homes. One presumes that there is at least one good child in each.

3) Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels East to West. This works out to 822.6 visits per second. That is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh, and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which we know to be false but will accept for the purpose of these calculations), we are talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus eating, etc. This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second. A conventional reindeer can run 15 miles per hour at the most.

4) The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-size set of Lego building blocks (about two pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that flying reindeer exist (see point 1), can fly very quickly (see point 2), and can pull ten times the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine, reindeer. We would need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not counting the weight of the sleigh, to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison, this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth 2.

5) 353,430 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance. This would heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer would absorb 14.3 quitillion joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they would burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team would be vaporized within .00426 seconds. Santa, meanwhile, would be subjected to forces 17,500 times greater than normal gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

In conclusion, if Santa ever did deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now...

edit on 15-10-2021 by DreamWeaver1967 because: Spacing and spelling.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
They cloned Santa and placed operatives all over the world.

Around here he drives a Harley.

The rest is taken up by community drives and charities who distribute on his behalf.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join