It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Cancels Halloween because it’s Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"You'll own no candy and be happy."

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Says Klaus " I can dress up like a horror movie villian" Schwab.

The man who makes Freddie Kruger seem cuddly and sweet.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: JAGStorm

I remember when we would also make costumes out of brown paper grocery bags in school, but I guess people now would call the bags racist.

Using bed sheets to be a ghost would get you shot these days.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I’m putting a sign in my door that will say” do you know how many other kids with covid rang my door bell today?” Just to scare them off my porch and I keep all the candy for myself

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Woke is a form of insanity.

Imagine hating yourself so much that you think your efforts are better served attempting to "fix" the whole of humanity rather than turn your attention inward?

Damn if that isn't the most accurate thing I've read since all this political correctness ridiculousness started.
To respond to the OP, this annoys me to no end. My country is a melting pot of different cultures and that means that the celebrations of other ethnicities have found their way into more mainstream, but apparently at the expense of squashing my own. My kids are grown and I don't get trick or treaters at my remotely located house but man when they were young and we lived elsewhere I went all out. I loved Halloween more than Christmas. I'm really over others slapping social justice labels everywhere and on everything they possibly can. God Damn can't anyone find a sliver of happiness in the world anymore without it offending somebody? These people deserve rocks in their treat bags. (And with that statement I likely offended someone ). It's a Charlie Brown reference ye non believers of The Great Pumpkin.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I’m putting a sign in my door that will say” do you know how many other kids with covid rang my door bell today?” Just to scare them off my porch and I keep all the candy for myself

Or a sign that says You must show your vaccination card for candy

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The school should instruct the white kids to bring in all of their trick-or-treat candy on Novemeber 1st. The kids will then give all their candy to the children of color. That's only fair, right?

The white students can then be taught about their 'complicity in racism', and how their self-righteousness for being white is evil. The lesson could conclude with the students being instructed that they should feel shame and guilt for being white.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Guess what, when we were little our parents rarely bought us costumes and we survived. We made them with old clothes.
If we didn’t want to make them, we just didn’t dress up, but we still had fun!

I can recall plenty of times when I didn't wear a costume simply because I didn't want to, but I didn't mind if others did. I see it as a: "You do you. I'll do me." type of thing.

Why the hell can't people just be themselves anymore. It's frikin ridiculous. So many people nowadays seem to be so concerned with not upsetting others, that they don't even realize all they are doing is taking away choices and constantly telling others how they should feel. Now that truly is upsetting.

Everyone is supposed have the right to be themselves and make up their own minds. Wear a costume, or don't wear a costume. It really doesn't matter at all.

Also, most of the time homemade costumes are way better than the generic purchased costumes anyways. People often prove to be quite creative when coming up with a costume.

especially students of color and those with a sensitivity to all the noise and excitement of the parade."
As of late, a majority of the time when something is considered racist, it seems like what they're really saying is, "Persons of color are not emotionally stable enough to deal with such a thing. They are unable to cope with it. So we need to just get rid of it. You're welcome PoC".

That's seems pretty dam racist to me.

Once again I have been reminded of how much I miss the 90's.

edit on 10/13/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The school should instruct the white kids to bring in all of their trick-or-treat candy on Novemeber 1st. The kids will then give all their candy to the children of color. That's only fair, right?

The white students can then be taught about their 'complicity in racism', and how their self-righteousness for being white is evil. The lesson could conclude with the students being instructed that they should feel shame and guilt for being white.

Candy reparations!

Don't skimp on the Gunny Bears, white man!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar

originally posted by: Brotherman

Or a sign that says You must show your vaccination card for candy

It would only work if and only if my costume is Adolf Hitler

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Candy reparations!

Don't skimp on the Gunny Bears, white man!

I'm already foreseeing U.N. involvement.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This probably is more about the faculty not wanting to deal with the extra work and extra hyper kids in costumes. Back when my kid was in school, these events required a lot of parent volunteers and the faculty certainly don’t want parents around questioning them and their “woke” policies ! This is a passive/aggressive way to punish parents by hurting the kids, imho.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

From the article:

The decision of the Racial Equity Team at Benjamin Franklin Day Elementary School was the product of five years of discussion, the school district said.

So it took a team of people 5 years to determine that Halloween is racist? Why not tell the truth. The only people I know who sat out the Halloween stuff at school were fundamental Christians, maybe there was a Muslim in there and it was always for religious reasons. Not because they were black. Black people not celebrating Halloween is a new one for me.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You always have good posts Jag! Yes, this is stupid. Where are they getting that people of color don't celebrate Halloween as a holiday? It is definitely not like that where I am from. I live in an area that is 30% ratio of people of color and I get that same ratio of trick or treaters every year.......

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

This is a passive/aggressive way to punish parents by hurting the kids, imho.

I couldn't resist!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Five years of $$$$$$

It's not about the costumes it's about the cost!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
How is this RACIST, with such a variety of characters?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

“Using bed sheets to be a ghost would get you shot these days.”

Just spit out my coke!!😂

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I thought kids were supposed to still be wearing masks anyways. Isn't a 'Covid' mask kinda like a costume?

So in this ass-backwards world, Halloween is the 1 time of the year when students can't wear masks....

Now that I think about it, I become very uncomfortable when I am around people wearing cloth diapers on their face. I am also highly offended by Covid mandates, and it upsets me when people create racial issues out of things that shouldn't be an issue at all. We're gonna have to stop all of it ASAP, because I can't freakin take it anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's insane as usual, but to be expected from loony lefties. Why don't they ask for people to donate unwanted costumes and give those to kids ? Or , even a better idea, make them themselves during a class . Would be fun and create memories.
But no, off course. This is not about any 'marginalized' groups feeling left out.

This is about a way to 'equalize' us all into the same miserable poor state.
Worse to come I'm sure if we let them: NWO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join